Predict Jairus Byrd's contract - $25 Amazon card to winner

Estro

Here we go !

And I AM a big fan of Mario and admittedly a LOS guy.

Byrd simply has the numbers. If Mario were Byrd he would be good for 14-17 sacks per year.

What is interesting to me is projecting what Byrd could do on a good team. A team that forced opponents to throw the ball.

The obvious example is Donte Whitner. He was often just plain BAD here. Behind a front 7 of bullies and and productive offense he is highly productive.

Byrd has Peters and Lynch upside elsewhere. Of course, he was an All Pro HERE for chrissake.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not the biggest Byrd fan but he is a more productive safety than Mario is as a DE and some people really value that FS in todays league.

This is quite the bold statement my friend. I credit Mario with much of Byrd's success this season and to be honest, I would MUCH rather have Mario on my team than Byrd. This is NOT to say it should be a choice!

6 years, $66 million, $35 million guaranteed. Green Bay Packers (who are $35+ million under the cap and have a subpar starting free safety in M.D. Jennings)

One of the two best single high coverage safeties in the league (along with Earl Thomas) will have many of suitors, many of whom will have to spend money to reach the 89 percent-of-the-cap threshold. The Raiders are a threat because they have an ancient FS and are $65+ million under the cap, but I'm saying the Pack because they're closer to competing for a SB appearance.

(I put the 6-66 sequence in for the irrational Parker haters out there.)

Edited by dave mcbride

5 years, 48 mil - 25.5 guaranteed to S. F.

17 mil in year one. (Hope this part doesn't count as part of the guess. But threw it out there.

Interesting- I was gonna put 13 per for the first two years but didnt want to it disqualify my guess- you are a braver man than I lol

Ok I say he wants to leave because he hates losing (who can blame him) So it has to be a team with potential, money and connections

1) EAGLES: won the division last year, young good QB, RB & coach

2) 6 years

3) Total 68 million

4) 33 guaranteed

6 year 66 million with 36 million guaranteed to Philly.

6 years, $66 million, $35 million guaranteed. Green Bay Packers (who are $35+ million under the cap and have a subpar starting free safety in M.D. Jennings)

One of the two best single high coverage safeties in the league (along with Earl Thomas) will have many of suitors, many of whom will have to spend money to reach the 89 percent-of-the-cap threshold. The Raiders are a threat because they have an ancient FS and are $65+ million under the cap, but I'm saying the Pack because they're closer to competing for a SB appearance.

(I put the 6-66 sequence in for the irrational Parker haters out there.)

I went back on forth on Oakland Green Bay and Philly.

Byrd's contract will beat Berry's contract from 2010 guaranteed.

So anyone in the 50s is out. 6 year 72 Million seems crazy but I wouldn't be surprised given the room that Oakland was to spend. I can see him getting a 6 year 72 mil from Oakland and turning it down for a contender that offers 6 years 66 mill with over 34 guaranteed.

It won't be the Bills that much is for sure.