Please vote for Pick 9 on DraftTek!

Astrobot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a three round draft which went this way.

Robinson

Yankey

Martavis Bryant

This solidifies the the line and gives us that big receiver everyone is clamouring for Borland was available to I am still of the opinion to trade down then I think you can get a tackle, yankey bryant and borland too. I like this scenario better!

The only thing is I don't think Robinson or Mathews will be there at 9. Then what? That is why I am thinking trade back.

It's funny how little love there is for Anthony Barr around here myself included. I just saw on NFP's newest mock draft that they had us taking Barr. Then I went to watch his highlight clips again...GEEZ is that dude a freakish great athlete. I know there's a lot of Maybin 2.0 fear around here in regards to Barr, but this guy really looks like a top 5 talent and he's only been playing on defense a couple of years. Not only that, the guy is tailor made to cover the most athletic TEs in the NFL.

With Watkins, Robinson and Mack likely gone Barr could very likely be the BPA. I think fans should take a second look at Barr. Seattle's great defense was built with fast athletic guys like this.

Any Bills fan that would not vote for Robinson in that scenario should just turn in their fan card now...I'm not overly crazy about taking an OT at #9...But Robinson is a 100% no-brainer for the Bills...IMHO that kid is the next Orlando Pace...I really think he's going to be that good in time... B-)

Any Bills fan that would not vote for Robinson in that scenario should just turn in their fan card now...I'm not overly crazy about taking an OT at #9...But Robinson is a 100% no-brainer for the Bills...IMHO that kid is the next Orlando Pace...I really think he's going to be that good in time... B-)

I agree. But if he is gone as well as some of the other consensus top picks, I think you have to take a look at Anthony Barr at #9.

He has a lot of work to do before that happens, but he seems to have the talent. He is the OT of these three that I wouldn't mind seeing at LG while he keeps learning. They did a lot of down blocking with him at Auburn and it looks like to me at least, that he could destroy peolple at the NFL level. Then move him to RT if Pears (or Hairston) gets hurt and then he starts in 2015 at RT.

Robinson

Yankey

Martavis Bryant

This solidifies the the line and gives us that big receiver everyone is clamouring for Borland was available to I am still of the opinion to trade down then I think you can get a tackle, yankey bryant and borland too. I like this scenario better!

The only thing is I don't think Robinson or Mathews will be there at 9. Then what? That is why I am thinking trade back.

How in the world did you end up with both Robinson & Yankey?

I think that would be amazing if we got them both, but I do not see how it is possible.

It's funny how little love there is for Anthony Barr around here myself included. I just saw on NFP's newest mock draft that they had us taking Barr. Then I went to watch his highlight clips again...GEEZ is that dude a freakish great athlete. I know there's a lot of Maybin 2.0 fear around here in regards to Barr, but this guy really looks like a top 5 talent and he's only been playing on defense a couple of years. Not only that, the guy is tailor made to cover the most athletic TEs in the NFL.

That is what concerns me about Barr. I know the guy is exciting to watch and he has talent.

But is he a one-year wonder? That is what gives me pause.

He has a lot of work to do before that happens, but he seems to have the talent. He is the OT of these three that I wouldn't mind seeing at LG while he keeps learning. They did a lot of down blocking with him at Auburn and it looks like to me at least, that he could destroy people at the NFL level. Then move him to RT if Pears (or Hairston) gets hurt and then he starts in 2015 at RT.

I think that's exactly what the Bills would do with Robinson if the pipe-dream happened and he was available at #9...Let him play LG as a Rookie, then move him outside in 2015...In the mean time the Bills get an absolute mauler at LG for the run game, and they can help him out a little to learn the intricacies of Pass Blocking in the NFL...I really think that kid is going to be a perennial All Pro in time..He'll make the Pro Bowl as a Rookie if he plays LG...Take that one to the bank... B-)

Robinson

Yankey

Martavis Bryant

I've been banging the Bryant drum since the Combine and after I watched his highlights, but...I think 3rd might be a bit too high...love the kid and in another thread said he'll be my guy that next year or two years from now I'll come back and say, "I told you (whoever that is) so!"...but still think he's probably 4th to 5th Round due to Junior year status and only one productive year...that's not a knock on him but with DeAndre Hopkins and now Watkins getting all the love, only so much pigskin to go around...

I think that's exactly what the Bills would do with Robinson if the pipe-dream happened and he was available at #9...Let him play LG as a Rookie, then move him outside in 2015...In the mean time the Bills get an absolute mauler at LG for the run game, and they can help him out a little to learn the intricacies of Pass Blocking in the NFL...I really think that kid is going to be a perennial All Pro in time..He'll make the Pro Bowl as a Rookie if he plays LG...Take that one to the bank... B-)

I agree that it looks like a pipe dream at this point. My only hope is that three QB's are taken before us and St Louis takes Matthews because of his dad as well as someone trades up to get take a "suprise" player. But that could be a three pipe dream...

I agree. But if he is gone as well as some of the other consensus top picks, I think you have to take a look at Anthony Barr at #9.

It may just be me...But I think Barr is a long, long shot to the Bills...Assuming those 3 QB go in the top 8 of course...If that happens the Bills will get one from a group of Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Matthews, Lewan, or Mack...And I really doubt they will value Barr ahead of Mack...Barr is not anything close to a finished product at OLB, and he's not a DE...He's very much a one-dimensional player right now...

Admittedly, everything I've read about Barr has been very positive concerning his potential to adapt to an NFL OLB, but he's not there yet...And the players that will be there at #9 are far more ready to contribute...I would not compare Barr to Maybin, but the worry is there, and there are similarities...The worry with Barr right now is his ability to hold the edge vs the run...Which was the exact reason Mike Mayock said that Maybin was not a first round worthy prospect in 2009...And if you're going to take an OLB at #9...You better be sure he's a 3-down LB...I don't think Barr is there yet...It's a big gamble... B-)