Please vote for Pick 9 on DraftTek!

Astrobot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also voted Greg.

this thing about starting him at guard is interesting to consider , but i am not feeling it .

If hairston is healthy ( big if really) then Bills can let Pears go if he wants starter money.

If Bills know something about Pears big dropoff last season and feel he can play better for them again. I guess Robinson could play guard ?

I voted Robinson (even though I am on record as not wanting a RT at 9). With that being said I think that the likelihood of Robinson being available at 9 is about as likely as Peyton Manning being available at 9.

Careful , Kirby . I think its fairly possible he is still in the green room!

Careful , Kirby . I think its fairly possible he is still in the green room!

He seems to be by all accounts 1 of the top 4 players in the draft and has separated himself as the best tackle. With St. Louis, Atlanta and Tampa Bay picking ahead of the Bills I just don't see it. There is a pretty good chance that Matthews is still on the board. If that's the case I would rather Evans. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He seems to be by all accounts 1 of the top 4 players in the draft and has separated himself as the best tackle. With St. Louis, Atlanta and Tampa Bay picking ahead of the Bills I just don't see it. There is a pretty good chance that Matthews is still on the board. If that's the case I would rather Evans.

I hear you . He is rated The best. and rightly so.

If it comes down to Matthews and Evans i would be happy with both either ! or a trade down one spot.

Evans sure as heck showed up at the combine and got on my " welcome to Buffalo list "

I voted Robinson (even though I am on record as not wanting a RT at 9). With that being said I think that the likelihood of Robinson being available at 9 is about as likely as Peyton Manning being available at 9.

If Manning's available at 9, we should trade down. Might be able to pick up a 2nd AND a 4th.

I hear you . He is rated The best. and rightly so.

If it comes down to Matthews and Evans i would be happy with both either ! or a trade down one spot.

Evans sure as heck showed up at the combine and got on my " welcome to Buffalo list "

I don't know why it is...But Matthews does very little to excite me...Yet there are some very respected scouts out there who believe he is the 2nd best player in this Draft...And it's not that I don't know he's a very good prospect...I guess he just lacks hype...And maybe that's a good thing... B-)

I don't know why it is...But Matthews does very little to excite me...Yet there are some very respected scouts out there who believe he is the 2nd best player in this Draft...And it's not that I don't know he's a very good prospect...I guess he just lacks hype...And maybe that's a good thing... B-)

Quiet type like Glenn ?

The pieces i have read say he is technically sound , smart and an excellent athlete. Robinson is "dominating and has a high ceiling "

If they are both consistently rated in the top 10 , we should be pleased . But thats the way i feel too ^.

Edited by 3rdand12

He doesn't lack the hype in my view!

Jake Matthews is the son of ex NFL Houston Oiler linemen Bruce Matthews, a 14x pro bowl selection who played in the NFL for 18 years, and is in the HoF.

Bruce's father was Clay Mathews Sr who played in the NFL in the 50's, and his brother **Clay Mathews Jr played in the NFL for the Cleveland & Atlanta for 19 seasons. Bruce is also the uncle of GB Packers LBer Clay Matthews 3rd, and Eagles LBer Casey Matthews, and Kyle Matthews who plays at USC. His son Kevin played center at Texas A&M and is now playing to the Washington Redskins. Bruce was the O line coach for the Titans last year.

Talk* about bloodlines...this kid is a top 5 pick and almost a lock to play in the NFL for ten years. I highly doubt either Matthews or Robinson fall to the Bills at #9.

**It was LBer Clay Matthews who stepped in front of a Kelly pass intended for Thurman Thomas in the Cleveland end zone, and thus ending the 1989 Bills playoff game in Cleveland that year.

Edited by FeartheLosing

How the hell wouldn't you take Robinon, when everybody else is of lesser or = value at 9?

Not to be a pain, but, what is the point of the vote? What is there to vote about? If Robinson is there, you take him.

The only question is: will he be there?

The question aggregates 2 premises(he will be there/he won't be) as though the answer isn't 100% based on which one is true.

He doesn't lack the hype in my view!

Jake Matthews is the son of ex NFL Houston Oiler linemen Bruce Matthews, a 14x pro bowl selection who played in the NFL for 18 years, and is in the HoF.

Bruce's father was Clay Mathews Sr who played in the NFL in the 50's, and his brother **Clay Mathews Jr played in the NFL for the Cleveland & Atlanta for 19 seasons. Bruce is also the uncle of GB Packers LBer Clay Matthews 3rd, and Eagles LBer Casey Matthews, and Kyle Matthews who plays at USC. His son Kevin played center at Texas A&M and is now playing to the Washington Redskins. Bruce was the O line coach for the Titans last year.

Take about bloodlines...this kid is a top 5 pick and almost a lock to play in the NFL for ten years. I highly doubt either Matthews or Robinson fall to the Bills at #9.

**It was LBer Clay Matthews who stepped in front of a Kelly pass intended for Thurman Thomas in the Cleveland end zone, and thus ending the 1989 Bills playoff game in Cleveland that year.

You can't follow the NFL and not know that Matthews is a bloodline kid...That's not the kind of sizzle/hype I was speaking about...He's known as a technician...Solid...High-floor kind of kid...There's not a ton of buzz about him because the other two OT's are freaks athletically...But Matthews may be the better player regardless...That's all I was referring to... B-)

Assume the following are off the board: Bridgewater, Manziel, Clowney, Watkins, Bortles, Mack and Matthews.

That's 7, who's the 8th player off the board in this scenerio? Bit pointless to choose without knowing.