Anyone Watching House of Cards?

Lt. Dan's Revenge

Just caught up on the entire series (One season and change) in the last few days. That tells you a lot about how good and addictive the show is, and also about the current state of my social life. I think it is absolutely great. I'm generally not a huge Kevin Spacey fan, but he does a phenomenal job in this Netflix series. The supporting cast, especially Kate Mara and Robin Wright, is also very, very good. I work for a Congressman myself, and although it is of course dramatized a bit, I think it does an excellent job portraying the inside dealings of the Hill. If you have Netfiix and are looking for a good new series that you can catch up on quickly, this is it.

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

I'll raise my hand.

I binge-watched the whole second season Friday night, yesterday and this morning.

At the end of Episode 14 (the first of the second season), my jaw just hit the floor. And I couldn't stop watching.

Netflix announced before the s2 release that there will be a third season.

I'll raise my hand.

I binge-watched the whole second season Friday night, yesterday and this morning.

At the end of Episode 14 (the first of the second season), my jaw just hit the floor. And I couldn't stop watching.

Netflix announced before the s2 release that there will be a third season.

I love the show. Just started watching season 2 last night. Agreed about Ep. 14. Was so unexpected I had same reaction.

• 1 month later...

Had to bump this thread. What an amazing show. The wife and I just finished watching season 1 of Orange is the New Black. We though it was pretty good, but we are finding that House of Cards is just amazing. Love Kevin Spacey, all of the actors seem so perfect for their roles and the writing is exceptional IMO. We are currently on the 7th episode of season 1, and I can't wait to watch 2 more episodes tonight. I know this is just a show, but it is really sort of creepy and alarming to see a (dramatized) glimpse of the dark side of our government.

Found it humorous that there was a "disclaimer" before the opening credits of episode 1...something to the effect of "some of these things actually happened." Awesome.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I don't think anything I say below can really be classified as spoilers, but just in case, this is your warning.

I'm a few episodes into season 2 right now. I hope the subplot with the newspaper editor goes somewhere eventually (and I'm sure it will), but right now he annoys me.

• 2 weeks later...

I recalled there was a thread about HoC (which I will not read further for fear of spoilers) --- my wife and I started watching a couple weeks ago. We just saw #14 and yes my jaw is still on the floor.

What a great show.

I recalled there was a thread about HoC (which I will not read further for fear of spoilers) --- my wife and I started watching a couple weeks ago. We just saw #14 and yes my jaw is still on the floor.

What a great show.

Just watched this episode last night. Holy smokes! What a great show.