Darren Sharper charged with drugging, raping two women

Agree 100%. Especially when it seemed like Darren Sharper was a good guy. Still he's innocent until proven guilty. And why a good looking millionaire ex football player needs to do this blows my mind.

Yup. Just watch the news someday. The % of athletes committing crimes is a lot less than the rest of society. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching the news so much. It just highlights the scumbags & trash.

This.

I went to school for journalism and I am appauled as to how much they focus on tragic/negative news.

I refuse to watch the news because its so depressing.

CBF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

I went to school for journalism and I am appauled as to how much they focus on tragic/negative news.

CBF

Yeah, it's kinda sad but it gets ratings. What story gets more clicks - Aaron Hernandez or Warrick Dunn building homes for single mothers?

I find it hard to believe that the % of crimes in general society is higher than the NFL.

Football is a such a violent sport that the guys who excel at it are obviously the most violent.

I don't have the time right now but I'd wager on it (case of beer?). How many NFL players got arrested yesterday? How many regular citizens near you did?

I don't have the time right now but I'd wager on it (case of beer?). How many NFL players got arrested yesterday? How many regular citizens near you did?

Don't know these stats, but I would be sure that there are a lot more "regular citizens" living near bbb than there are NFL players.

I have seen stats on this before, somewhere...a couple of years ago....and as I recall, percentage wise, pro athletes don't committ violent crimes at a higher percentage than your 'regular citizen"....but I also recall that NFL players, percentage wise, committ more violent crimes than athletes in other pro sports. We are talking percntages, not hard numbers.

Don't know these stats, but I would be sure that there are a lot more "regular citizens" living near bbb than there are NFL players.

I have seen stats on this before, somewhere...a couple of years ago....and as I recall, percentage wise, pro athletes don't committ violent crimes at a higher percentage than your 'regular citizen"....but I also recall that NFL players, percentage wise, committ more violent crimes than athletes in other pro sports. We are talking percntages, not hard numbers.

Makes sense. It takes a different mentality to play football than sports like baseball. I'm sure wrestlers, boxers, & MMA guys are more likely to get arrested than baseball & soccer players as well.

I live next door to Ray Rice, so 1 and none!

:)

That Meggett story is just awful. It's all-too-believable, sadly, that the guy was able to skate through society as a serial rapist for years.

I won't say that the % of domestic or sexual abuse cases among NFL players is higher or lower - most likely they are underreported because of the obvious power play involved when a wealthy, public man and a woman who doesn't have high standing in society are involved. There are a lot of salient points in the article, though, chief among them the notion that a man who has these kinds of issues and is championed for his physical prowess can in fact skate by.

However this happens, whether at the hands of someone famous or not, it's a crime and it's something every father of a daughter fears.

This.

CBF

You've not spelled appalled correctly though.

You've not spelled appalled correctly though.

and YOU want to be my moderator ?

arrest warrant issued on the new orleans incidents with aggravated rape charges. aggravated rape is a life sentence, no parole charge here.

He is done. The guy seemed like a pretty decent guy when he was here. He hung around with a sketchy crowd though. I guess you never know who is a sociopathic, serial rapist.

He is done. The guy seemed like a pretty decent guy when he was here. He hung around with a sketchy crowd though. I guess you never know who is a sociopathic, serial rapist.

Not unless you are looking closely for it . Or a trained professional . That's one of the type criminals are of the worst sort. All the planning they might do to create a pleasant outer shell.

rice wacks the woman.. sharper drugs them.. nice.. the NFL should not worry about how gay players would be accepted and focus on getting rid of the criminal element ..

so in the NFL, its ok to knock out a woman and drag her like a rag doll, you just can't say the n-word. Ok, got it