Jonathan Martin

johnwalter

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see 1BD acquire Jonathan Martin for the 2014 season?

• Yes, he is a good but inexpensive player that can fill a hole on the Bills roster.
    • No, the Bills have a strong locker room and Martin would put the team's chemistry at risk.

There were over 1,000 texts released of interaction between the two...Martin participated in just as much banter as he received.

I'm not accusing you of being an apologist--just saying that your post reads like what an apologist would say.

Lastly, Martin isn't PS eligible.

You are right about the PS eligibility and likely about the apologist role - I am being one.

I am playing devil's advocate a bit as I am not really overly intrigued by this topic, but I am bored with this sports season. There is some truth to what I am saying as none of us know the full story, and I am sure that more will come out over time. I just look at the kind of personalities and problem children that are given several chances to turn things around in the NFL with different teams and do not see much of a difference here.

Some team will take a shot at Martin to see if there is something there worth salvaging - the Bills have taken longer odds on recycled players.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about the PS eligibility and likely about the apologist role - I am being one.

I am playing devil's advocate a bit as I am not really overly intrigued by this topic, but I am bored with this sports season. There is some truth to what I am saying as none of us know the full story, and I am sure that more will come out over time. I just look at the kind of personalities and problem children that are given several chances to turn things around in the NFL with different teams and do not see much of a difference here.

Some team will take a shot at Martin to see if there is something there worth salvaging - the Bills have taken longer odds on recycled players.

We will see- this is a strange league sometimes.... The type where a wife beating, gun carrying, dog fighting, drunk driver is more likely to get a second chance than some that is considered "soft." And with what little he's proven it makes it even less common to get another chance.

I think Martin gets a second look because he has a few guys around the league that could vouch for him or give him that chance directly, but i don't see it as certain yet.

Fair enough...thanks for taking the time to explain your perspective--one that I think does add some constructive viewpoints to the discussion.

also hes hit the JM was suicidal point again.... which im not sure helps him as much as he thinks it does. you know, since you should probably play nice with the guy with major depression issues.

Maybe it was suicidal like Mario was "suicidal" when he by-the-way referred to all those vicodin he had laying around when he texted his ex-fiance.

Are you implying Richie wouldn't return JMs engagement ring? The plot thickens.

Indeed.

But truly, who with suicidal ideations is going to voice them to Richie Incognito--of all people. More phony drama from the rapidly disintegrating Jonathan Martin.

This is getting ridiculous. Why hasn't the NFL report been released ? It was suppose to be released last week on Thursday. Maybe the NFL is doing some creative editing. At this point, I wouldn't touch either one of these guys.

No need to edit it, heck they do not even have to release it.

They more then likely will just release the findings from the report - like a lot of investigations - to avoid releasing the actual findings.

Indeed.

But truly, who with suicidal ideations is going to voice them to Richie Incognito--of all people. More phony drama from the rapidly disintegrating Jonathan Martin.

| |

| |

| |

| |

\ /

V

Somebody who needs some encouragement to carry it out?

Edited by jboyst62

Somebody who needs some encouragement to carry it out?

Obviously not. He's still with us.

Instead of seeking real help, he would wait a few months and then check into a facility that seems to specialize in bullying recovery.

Perhaps the report isn't out yet because no specific conclusion can be made as there is no crime. All players behaving badly. I would think if it was very bad for the Fins, thier owner would have been tipped off and he would have fired everyone weeks ago.

Obviously not. He's still with us.

Instead of seeking real help, he would wait a few months and then check into a facility that seems to specialize in bullying recovery.

Perhaps the report isn't out yet because no specific conclusion can be made as there is no crime. All players behaving badly. I would think if it was very bad for the Fins, thier owner would have been tipped off and he would have fired everyone weeks ago.

There's facilities for "bullying recovery?"