Jonathan Martin

johnwalter

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see 1BD acquire Jonathan Martin for the 2014 season?

• Yes, he is a good but inexpensive player that can fill a hole on the Bills roster.
    • No, the Bills have a strong locker room and Martin would put the team's chemistry at risk.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those tweets were pretty lame and tame--especially the second one.

This "story" of tweeting is an attempt at the press, which jumped all over RI (and gulped down the whole "bully victim" Martin angle), to climb out of the hole they are slipping into as this story, literally, unravels.

Richie probably shouldn't make it so easy for them either.

I just can't believe that so many Bills fans here are willing to settle for a bad player, or another with mental issues. Simply because he was drafted high doesn't mean he is worth a darn. In fact he graded (-22) in 2012 before he hit the IR, and then played poorly before he quit on his team in 2013.... the guy sucks!

From ROTOWORLD, In regards to Martin

That, of course, ignores his 2013 struggles on the field and off-the-field melodrama. Martin had a rough rookie season, as well.

He's unlikely to draw interest as a starter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7434/jonathan-martin

except in Buffalo...

I just can't believe that so many Bills fans here are willing to settle for a bad player, or another with mental issues. Simply because he was drafted high doesn't mean he is worth a darn. In fact he graded (-22) in 2012 before he hit the IR, and then played poorly before he quit on his team in 2013.... the guy sucks!

From ROTOWORLD, In regards to Martin

That, of course, ignores his 2013 struggles on the field and off-the-field melodrama. Martin had a rough rookie season, as well.

He's unlikely to draw interest as a starter

http://www.rotoworld...jonathan-martin

except in Buffalo...

So Miami drafts a guy who played LT in college and started him as an undersized out of position RT and he did not grade well in his rookie year. There's a shock. If there was none of the locker drama, teams would not even hesitate to give the kid another shot. This is a guy you stick on your PS and groom to replace your starting LT when he leaves for the FA big payout.

So Miami drafts a guy who played LT in college and started him as an undersized out of position RT and he did not grade well in his rookie year. There's a shock. If there was none of the locker drama, teams would not even hesitate to give the kid another shot. This is a guy you stick on your PS and groom to replace your starting LT when he leaves for the FA big payout.

Is that why Miami traded for the aging McKinnie? Is that why Miami's OL started playing better with Martin out of the line up?

i dont believe hes eligible for the PS, just FYI. Either hes a contributor, or nothing at this point

I think the issue here is that the guy should have shown, at some point in his first 2 seasons, something to indicate that he can play in the NFL.

By all accounts, he hasn't...unless you've seen something from him that I have not.

Lots of guys were good college players but couldn't hack it in the pros.

Martin stunk it up in 2012 at RT for the Dolphins, so lameoid Phins GM decided not to pay #1 overall LT Jake long because he missed a few games due to an injury and so Jeff Ireland let Long leave in free agency. Then Ireland inexplicably moved Martin from RT where where he graded as one of the worst RT's in the league to LT where he stunk even worse.

This move resulted in Miami QB Ryan Tannahill getting killed last season trying to do his job. The guy was pressured in 16 of 23 drop backs in one game alone, and the phins had no run game after letting Reggie Bush leave.

READ THIS: http://www.cbssports...spite-cap-space

"The problem is, rarely do top linemen, let alone bookend tackles Hickey so badly needs, ever hit the market. Last year's decision to let former first-round pick Jake Long walk and have Martin replace him failed miserably. "

This full grown man quit on his team and then gave the excuse he was bullied

This move with the O line was probably the biggest reason that the Dolphins fired GM Jeff Ireland!

I'd have to think that if Ireland had kept Jake Long at LT, and just brought in Tyson Clabo to play RT and admit he screwed up by drafting Martin in the first place, the Dolphins make the playoffs. Hey, do what Buddy Nix does and move him to guard. BTW, The last nine games Clabo graded at (+22) at RT.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Is that why Miami traded for the aging McKinnie? Is that why Miami's OL started playing better with Martin out of the line up?

Ive seen a few mentions of how the line did better with Martin out of the lineup. i was actually suprised how well they played considering RI sat the rest of the season too. Maybe it's RI who sucks and brought the line play down, not just Martin.

Ive seen a few mentions of how the line did better with Martin out of the lineup. i was actually suprised how well they played considering RI sat the rest of the season too. Maybe it's RI who sucks and brought the line play down, not just Martin.

Naa, RI made the pro bowl and he is exactly what you want in a guard...except for the mental issues!

RT Tyson Clabo's play did pick up later on in the season, but he was only a Buddy Nix type band-aid along with LT Bryant McKinnie who both are better severed as backups at this point.

The Dolphins are in a pretty pickle this year as they need to rebuild that O line 3 of 5 players, and two tackles!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24434345/new-gm-same-old-problems-for-dolphins-despite-cap-space

Really stupid of exc Phins GM Jeff Ireland to let his best O lineman leave, and not replace him adequately....oooohh sound familiar?

I would pass on Martin. I know that incognito is a crazy, but it shows that Martin cannot handle personalities. And he is mad he was bullied. Poor baby. This is the real world. People like that are in every profession. Plus the guy is sub par at best. Not smart and is slow. Why do we need him. The guys in the draft are better

Richie is a better player than Martin, just nothing special in his own right.

I'll pass on him though; there's probably 4 or 5 FA guards that are at least as good and have fewer character issues.

I would pass on Martin. I know that incognito is a crazy, but it shows that Martin cannot handle personalities. And he is mad he was bullied. Poor baby. This is the real world. People like that are in every profession. Plus the guy is sub par at best. Not smart and is slow. Why do we need him. The guys in the draft are better

so you say RI is crazy, but that Martin should have stuck around and handled it? This was a coaching failure all the way as he should have had his finger on the pulse of the locker room and at least had an inkling of what was going on. I am pretty confident that RI basically had his mafia of followers and yes men and they just let the crap go too far. I doubt any of them would ever be man enough to say f-this I'm out of here.

Whatever. I see no relationship between dealing with a crazy Incognito and playing well on the field and you are talking about a rookie that had one year playing out of position. Did the Dolphins have a tough time letting Long go, every team goes through that when they are trying to transition from an aging all-pro that can still get it done more often than not, and a green rookie that they know is going to make mistakes.

If anyone thinks Martin was bullied at this point, they clearly haven't read the texts that were released. There was nothing in there besides a whole lot of ball-busting going both ways. A little over the tops at times, but general ball-busting that happens in most male friendships.

Martin took the weakest way out of football. He clearly wasn't interested in being a pro and decided to use a bullying cop out to not be labelled a quitter. But now that the public can see he wasn't really bullied....he is a quitter. 100%.

Edited by JM57

If anyone thinks Martin was bullied at this point, they clearly haven't read the texts that were released. There was nothing in there besides a whole lot of ball-busting going both ways. A little over the tops at times, but general ball-busting that happens in most male friendships.

Martin took the weakest way out of football. He clearly wasn't interested in being a pro and decided to use a bullying cop out to not be labelled a quitter. But now that the public can see he wasn't really bullied....he is a quitter. 100%.

Texts like anything else can be taken out of context...RI and his lawyer finally pull together some texts to make it look like good-natured ribbing. Martin had some of his own early on, but neither can tell the whole story.

I cannot believe folks are this naive. Someone does not play all the way through HS, then college, and make it to the pros without taking some ribbing along the way. And guys that finally realize their dreams and get to the pros do not throw it all away just because someone flips them the bird or tells him to adjust his skirt and play.

It went farther than the few texts that have been released and as I said, does not mean that the young man cannot play the game or at least merit a shot on the PS.

Texts like anything else can be taken out of context...RI and his lawyer finally pull together some texts to make it look like good-natured ribbing. Martin had some of his own early on, but neither can tell the whole story.

I cannot believe folks are this naive. Someone does not play all the way through HS, then college, and make it to the pros without taking some ribbing along the way. And guys that finally realize their dreams and get to the pros do not throw it all away just because someone flips them the bird or tells him to adjust his skirt and play.

It went farther than the few texts that have been released and as I said, does not mean that the young man cannot play the game or at least merit a shot on the PS.

There were over 1,000 texts released of interaction between the two...Martin participated in just as much banter as he received.

I'm not accusing you of being an apologist--just saying that your post reads like what an apologist would say.

Lastly, Martin isn't PS eligible.