Saints cut 4 key players...

Bob Malooga

Wow, I never realized Will Smith (not the Fresh Prince), was from Utica, NY. (Born in Queens.) I could see him joining one of the New Jersey teams.

As for coming to Buffalo, I think they are all too old to be a part of what Marrone and the Bills are doing...but I could also see them joining New England.

Do you think any of them would go out and join Gregg Williams in St. Louis, after all the "Bounty Scandal" stuff?

Pass on all of them. I see a ton of the Saints living in NOLA. Greer is the only one worth even considering IMO and he is coming off of a major injury.

Agreed. I've been pointing to this exact list in every graham thread. Vilma had no spot in the d and his knees are done, will smith wasnt a 34 olb and was grossly overpaid, Harper is essentially an undersized LB as he can't cover and is only good on the box and Greer had a devastating injury though he was productive before it

Well, that was inevitable really. Unproductive over-paid vets have little place in the current NFL. Jabari was a solid, if unspectacular, player pre-injury, but the rest may be training camp fodder for someone. Vilma was very good from 07-11, but three straight years of poor performance have him headed for the glue factory of NFL retirement.

Also, who would really want anyone off the Saints D from 2012-13? That D was horrific!

Wow, I never realized Will Smith (not the Fresh Prince), was from Utica, NY. (Born in Queens.) I could see him joining one of the New Jersey teams.

As for coming to Buffalo, I think they are all too old to be a part of what Marrone and the Bills are doing...but I could also see them joining New England.

Do you think any of them would go out and join Gregg Williams in St. Louis, after all the "Bounty Scandal" stuff?

Will Smith comes back to Utica and has a camp in the summer. His stats are put in the local paper every week. He also got a little extra attention in the local paper for the headhunting scandal. The scandal may not even have gotten mentioned if he wasn't involved.

Older, possibly over the hill or coming off injuries are reasons to cut guys and save money, Free agency starts soon, March 11th, and teams will be releasing players to get their salary structure in place so that can sign players. The Bills will avoid these 4.