Michael Sam is out.

agardin

If a gay guy is allowed in a locker room full of naked men than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. That's my point, its a double standard and cannot be proved otherwise.

dare i ask... who cares if its a double standard on this issue?

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a gay guy is allowed in a locker room full of naked men than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. That's my point, its a double standard and cannot be proved otherwise.

So because a gay man has the opportunity if so inclined to act like a creep in a locker room (which would not be acceptable behaviour) then you as a straight man should be granted that same opportunity to act inappropriately or else it's a double standard?

I'd think again if I were you.

Edited by GunnerBill

So because a gay man has the opportunity if so inclined to act like a creep in a locker room (which would not be acceptable behaviour) then you as a straight man should be granted that same opportunity to act inappropriately or else it's a double standard?

and of course, that.

How would it not be acceptable behavior if he peaks around and looks at other guys dongs? And who or what would stop him from doing so?

I think everyone worried about people staring at their junk seems to have an outsized opinion of themselves and their attractiveness to gay men, and an insultingly ignorant, animalistic view of sexuality, gay or otherwise.

No thoughtful straight dude puts himself in a room full of women and acts anything other than respectable. No gay man who has respect for his surroundings and his fellow people is going to act differently. The locker room is just an abnormal situation to begin with, regardless of how it's segregated, and it's in part because of our anxieties and conservative attitudes toward the vessels we're all given for a relatively short time.

We put way too much importance on the body and precious little on what's going on between the ears.

It's not acceptable to stare at naked people in a locker room. That is not acceptable behaviour. If someone did that in a locker room that I was in and I felt it was at a level where it was inappropriate I wouldn't ask about his sexuality first I would tell him that his behavious was not acceptable. I don't know about America but here in the UK we have plenty of municipal swimming baths with family areas where men and women are naked in the same area. We don't have lots of issues with creeps staring at people. If that did happen someone would make a complaint and the person would be removed. It's about behavioural standards I'm afraid. That principle does not change wheher it's a single gender changing facility or a mixed gender facility.

I would suspect that Michael Sam will be extra aware of his need to behave appropriately in the locker room when he first arrives in an NFL setting and will show the necessary sensitivity to his team mates as I'm sure he has at college seeing as there seems to have been no problems highlighted in his college career.

It's not acceptable to stare at naked people in a locker room. That is not acceptable behaviour. If someone did that in a locker room that I was in and I felt it was at a level where it was inappropriate I wouldn't ask about his sexuality first I would tell him that his behavious was not acceptable. I don't know about America but here in the UK we have plenty of municipal swimming baths with family areas where men and women are naked in the same area. We don't have lots of issues with creeps staring at people. If that did happen someone would make a complaint and the person would be removed. It's about behavioural standards I'm afraid. That principle does not change wheher it's a single gender changing facility or a mixed gender facility.

I would suspect that Michael Sam will be extra aware of his need to behave appropriately in the locker room when he first arrives in an NFL setting and will show the necessary sensitivity to his team mates as I'm sure he has at college seeing as there seems to have been no problems highlighted in his college career.

It sounds like his teammates and his roommate, NFL DROY Sheldon Richardson, had zero problems with this on a daily basis.

It's much different in America than Europe. Everything you stated simply would not take place in America. Great point in the bolded though. I am just saying personally for me it would be uncomfortable in a locker room with a gay guy next to me. I still could care less if someone is gay or not.

Edited by Awwufelloff

It's much different in America than Europe. Everything you stated simply would not take place in America. Great point in the bolded though. I am just saying personally for me it would be uncomfortable in a locker room with a gay guy next to me. I still could care less if someone is gay or not.

Couldn't care less. But anyway, what about the notion that you probably have had gay guys next to you in the locker room? I mean, there's about a 1/10 chance, no? In which case, that's one out of every ten people you share the locker room with, with zero harm or creepiness reported to date.

I don't know what sexy locker room universe you all live in... I like to change quick and get the hell out of there.

It seems really important to you that you win this point. If we award you the "I proved a Point" award for the day will you move on to something else?

This would make a great reality show:

"Tiger Woods LPGA Experience".

episode 1: Joanne Carner

the actual phrase is "I couldnt care less..." but in this case, it seems you are right, there is in fact room for you to care less, as you seem to care. And it seems like you are inching towards the realization that its you, not them.

I<j or whatever that is –

Oh, then why don’t you prove it with a link? There are now a whole host of meanings and specific “homophobias”, but the original meaning was exactly what I stated, and that is a FACT..

Tim-

D521646 or whatever that is:

My bad for responding to your exhaustively documented treatise on the etymology of the term without supplying my own citations. Doing so implied that you didn't know what you were talking about, when in fact the links that you supplied in your post prove otherwise. Yes, I should have followed your lead and provided proof of my assertions concerning the meanings of this word. Or at least I could have pointed to a reputable source on etymology to support my claim, as you did. Otherwise I am just talking out my ass.

Oh wait.

kj

the actual phrase is "I couldnt care less..." but in this case, it seems you are right, there is in fact room for you to care less, as you seem to care. And it seems like you are inching towards the realization that its you, not them.

Nope, if a gay man is allowed in a locker room full of men. Than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. Prove to me how it's not a double standard. It would be considered "creepy" if a straight man was allowed into a female locker room. Well what if I am in there to just change and get out and not stare at the others in the room. The same analogy can be applied both ways.

I am done with this discussion as it cannot be proved otherwise, back to work. Have a good day all. =)

Edited by Awwufelloff