Per Bills text Rob Moore hired as WR coach

Beerball

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that Lovie Smith hired a former colleague from Chicago to serve as a trainer in TB. I can only conclude the following:

- Smith is a joke that only hires his buddies and should be fired

- This trainer must suck or Chicago never would've let him leave

- People in Fort Lauderdale aren't wearing TB jerseys and therefore the team is a joke

- Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson have both had DWIs and therefore are no good

Did I cover it all?

This thread had adequately reminded me that some fans will be negative about absolutely everything.

I've seen the same poster criticize Marrone for both hiring Moore this year and not hiring him last year...wow.

I've seen people turn this hiring into a referendum on Stevie...really?

Position coaches are there to communicate the messages of the head coach and OC to the players...they probably don't warrant a 6-page discussion.

Though this is probably better than the 30 pages of Danny Crossman...

I just read that Lovie Smith hired a former colleague from Chicago to serve as a trainer in TB. I can only conclude the following:

- People in Fort Lauderdale aren't wearing TB jerseys and therefore the team is a joke

- Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson have both had DWIs and therefore are no good

Did I cover it all?

This thread had adequately reminded me that some fans will be negative about absolutely everything.

I've seen the same poster criticize Marrone for both hiring Moore this year and not hiring him last year...wow.

Position coaches are there to communicate the messages of the head coach and OC to the players...they probably don't warrant a 6-page discussion.

I think you left out the following:

-They could have hired Coach X if only their owner wasn't cheap. (Didn't go back through every post but I expect this to show up at least once in every thread.)

-Someone needs to be blamed for the incredible blunder that was the cutting of future HOF'er WR X (Da'Rick Rogers).

Other than those, I think you summed up things nicely.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Moore was on John Murphy's show tonight.... I'll need to listen the podcast but saw this tweet from Murph about the interview:

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 13m

He also believes the Bills have the best WR core in the AFC East with the most speed

I'll buy the speed thing and granted the Pats* and Jets don't have much going on in the WR dept.... but Miami with Wallace and Hartline I think might be better. I wonder if Marrone showed him any film of Graham or if he temporarily misplaced that.

How Convenient ! Of course he did .

Did I cover it all?

Ya had to go THERE .Didn'tcha ?

Did I cover it all?

You were good until the Crossman thing....I won't rehash the entire thread / debate...but there was merit to the discussion, and not for Crossman's lack of coaching ability, but Marrone's lack of follow-through in his discussion of "accountability", IMO...he's retained....do I HOPE that Crossman does one hell of a job and significantly improves the STs from last year?? Well, hells to the yeah! And with that, I'd be happy to be drowning my healthy portion of crow with a sixer of Corona, but...only time will tell.

Edited by BigBuff423

I think you left out the following:

-They could have hired Coach X if only their owner wasn't cheap. (Didn't go back through every post but I expect this to show up at least once in every thread.)

-Someone needs to be blamed for the incredible blunder that was the cutting of future HOF'er WR X (Da'Rick Rogers).

Other than those, I think you summed up things nicely.

Can you believe we traded Lynch? Sheesh

There is a difference here though. Lovie and this trainer he hired have a history of success together in the NFL. Coach Marrone and his coaches have a history of a .500 record in college football and zero track record in the NFL.

Edited by reddogblitz

There is a difference here though. Lovie and this trainer he hired have a history of success together in the NFL. Coach Marrone and his coaches have a history of a .500 record in college football and zero track record in the NFL.

I think Lovie's success in the NFL is overblown. He has a career 0.563 winning percentage and made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years he coached Chicago. Only once in those 9 seasons did the team finish above 23rd in the league in total offense, and only 4 of 9 seasons did they finish in the top half of the NFL in total defense (which is his specialty).

It's also worth noting that Lovie's teams finished 20-40 against teams with a winning record while he was in Chicago.

I fully realize that what he's done is far better than anything Buffalo has done in that time span--I'm simply saying that Lovie's history of NFL success isn't very compelling.

I think Lovie's success in the NFL is overblown. He has a career 0.563 winning percentage and made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years he coached Chicago. Only once in those 9 seasons did the team finish above 23rd in the league in total offense, and only 4 of 9 seasons did they finish in the top half of the NFL in total defense (which is his specialty).

It's also worth noting that Lovie's teams finished 20-40 against teams with a winning record while he was in Chicago.

I fully realize that what he's done is far better than anything Buffalo has done in that time span--I'm simply saying that Lovie's history of NFL success isn't very compelling.

Exactly. I was very happy that the Bills did not recruit him last year. Adequate, not great, and to my mind underachieved in Chicago. It was time for something new here, not a middling retread.

Just read the blurb on the front of TBD. Sounds like Marrone wanted Moore last year but he was going through some personal stuff, so he had to go with Hilliard.

So much for Marrone's "philosophical differences" nonsense with Hilliard. He was a place sitter for Moore all the way.

So much for Marrone's "philosophical differences" nonsense with Hilliard. He was a place sitter for Moore all the way.

It appears that way. And again, "philosophical differences" is a non-specific way to say "I don't want you" and/or "I want someone else."

Sure enough. Now, he may have still not performed well enough to be retained, though.

Maybe now the Bills will make some smart receiver moves. First trade SJ.

I don't think they should trade him, and this doesn't mean they won't, but interesting read here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Rob-Moore-a-coach-who-can-relate-to-Stevie-Johnson/8330cec1-5fc6-44cd-b452-e7b3fb0e1d55

Exactly. I was very happy that the Bills did not recruit him last year. Adequate, not great, and to my mind underachieved in Chicago. It was time for something new here, not a middling retread.

6-10 is different.

I don't think they should trade him, and this doesn't mean they won't, but interesting read here:

http://www.buffalobi...52-e7b3fb0e1d55

No mention of the drops. That's what SJ needs the most help on.