Thanks Denver - first team to lose 5 Super Bowls

major

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that Elway had completely forgotten what won him his two super bowl rings!

1997 stats 513 passing attempts vs 520 rushing attempts, and Terrell Davis rushing for 1750 yards. The #1 offense in both points and yards.

1998 stats 491 passing attempts vs 525 rushing attempts and Terrell Davis rushing for 2008 yards. The #2 offense in points & #3 offense in yards

Denver had 4 TD's rushing in the SB for 97

Denver had 3 TD's rushing in the SB for 98

Denver had 14 rushes in this last game, and Seattle used the Broncos very own tactics against them. Get a lead, and then pin their ears back and rush the passer.

I suppose that Elway had completely forgotten what won him his two super bowl rings!

1997 stats 513 passing attempts vs 520 rushing attempts, and Terrell Davis rushing for 1750 yards. The #1 offense in both points and yards.

1998 stats 491 passing attempts vs 525 rushing attempts and Terrell Davis rushing for 2008 yards. The #2 offense in points & #3 offense in yards

Denver had 14 rushes in this last game, and Seattle used the Broncos very own tactics against them. Get a lead, and then pin their ears back and rush the passer.

So they win without Elway and he is not a top 5 QB all time?

Let's be honest, the game was over at 5-0. Denver was rattled. You know they worked on their opening drive for 2 weeks and what they were gonna do and it all went down the tubes with that safety.

So they win without Elway and he is not a top 5 QB all time?

My point being that Denver put the entire game on Manning's shoulders and this just goes to show that no matter how great the QB is... he can't do it all by himself!

The Broncos didn't even try and establish the run to take pressure off Manning 14 rushes the entire game is a joke. Denver rushed 39 times in the SB with Terrell Davis, and he carried the team, not Elway!

Let's be honest, the game was over at 5-0. Denver was rattled. You know they worked on their opening drive for 2 weeks and what they were gonna do and it all went down the tubes with that safety.

No game is over after the first series. If you don't have a plan B then you have no chance to win.

The Broncos lost their starting LT who was a 1st round draft pick and in most of the game this season it didn't matter. This game it did matter big time.

Edited by FeartheLosing

My point being that Denver put the entire game on Manning's shoulders and this just goes to show that no matter how great the QB is... he can't do it all by himself!

The Broncos didn't even try and establish the run to take pressure off Manning 14 rushes the entire game is a joke. Denver rushed 39 times in the SB with Terrell Davis, and he carried the team, not Elway!

No game is over after the first series. If you don't have a plan B then you have no chance to win.

The Broncos lost their starting LT in the playoffs and in those games it didn't matter. This game it did matter big time.

Moreno was injured and the preconceived 'STABLISH theory is pretty lol if you actually watched the Broncos. They can use the short passing game as a very effective pseudo rushing attack. Watch more football.

Moreno was injured and the preconceived 'STABLISH theory is pretty lol if you actually watched the Broncos. They can use the short passing game as a very effective pseudo rushing attack. Watch more football.

Well clearly that didn't work either, as manning had not much time to throw anything.

Short passing attack, like the WCO? Oh, the Seahawks have never seen that offense.

I agree with you...though I might quibble that it was over at 2-0. The Broncos offense just quit. Awful effort by every guy on that team... Manning seemed to be in full on head hanging mode after that safety. Seattle played every down, both sides of the ball, like they wanted to win, and knew they were going to. As somebody who was rooting for the Broncos (though I always felt Seattle was going to win by a narrower margin), I was kind of laughing at the notion that a loss in this game would hurt Mannings legacy. I never envisioned this kind of loss for him. All those whispers I have heard for years started getting louder...Manning is a great QB, but not a playoff QB. I just couldn't believe the shots of him, on the sideline, right from the opening minutes, with that "we lost" look on his face...very disappointed with Manning tonight... not the fact that his team lost, but his lack of composure so early in the game.

Well clearly that didn't work either, as manning had not much time to throw anything.

Short passing attack, like the WCO? Oh, the Seahawks have never seen that offense.

Plenty of teams see offensive systems without being able to stop them so your argument is still LOL. How would STABLISHING the run have changed the game?

yep still have to run the ball in this League, even though Goodell and co are trying to turn it into Arena Football. Seattle and SF are proving the physical football is still the way.

Broncos were on the wrong end of 3/5 worst Super Bowl blowouts.

The Bills have 1 too.

Sad game, reminded me of the Bills superbowls :cry: .

The Broncos lost their starting LT who was a 1st round draft pick and in most of the game this season it didn't matter. This game it did matter big time.

Kind of like how Jim Kelly tried to beat the Giants by himself and forgot about Thurman Thomas.

PTR