Thanks Denver - first team to lose 5 Super Bowls

major

I agree with you...though I might quibble that it was over at 2-0. The Broncos offense just quit. Awful effort by every guy on that team... Manning seemed to be in full on head hanging mode after that safety. Seattle played every down, both sides of the ball, like they wanted to win, and knew they were going to. As somebody who was rooting for the Broncos (though I always felt Seattle was going to win by a narrower margin), I was kind of laughing at the notion that a loss in this game would hurt Mannings legacy. I never envisioned this kind of loss for him. All those whispers I have heard for years started getting louder...Manning is a great QB, but not a playoff QB. I just couldn't believe the shots of him, on the sideline, right from the opening minutes, with that "we lost" look on his face...very disappointed with Manning tonight... not the fact that his team lost, but his lack of composure so early in the game.

That is the difference between Manning & Brady. Brady would of been in guys faces right from the opening safety. When things go bad for Manning he usually hangs his head. Also, after Denver was down 15-0, 22-0 Brady would of started slinging it down field not keep doing these 5 yard dink & dunks that are going to take 10 minutes to score a TD. Brady has a stronger arm then Manning. I don't think Manning is even capable of doing that. Just not in his game. Both great QBS, all time greats, it is unfortunate that Manning is going to be tagged as a guy that does not perform his best on the big stage.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of teams see offensive systems without being able to stop them so your argument is still LOL. How would STABLISHING the run have changed the game?

You honestly can't fathom what setting up a power run game would do for a team that is having difficulty in passing the ball?

yep still have to run the ball in this League, even though Goodell and co are trying to turn it into Arena Football. Seattle and SF are proving the physical football is still the way.

Sad game, reminded me of the Bills superbowls :cry: .

Apparently, some fans don't get that.

and yea it reminded me of 52-17. Man, I still hate the Cowboys. I want to shave JJ's head :devil:

Edited by FeartheLosing

I would take the Broncos 2 - 5 Super Bowl record in a heart beat over our Bills 0 - 4 record. Hell I would be happy with a 1 - 6 record. At least we would experience what it is like to have ONE.

Agreed! The Broncos can lose ten more Super Bowls. They still have TWO Vince Lobmardi trophies that cannot be taken away from them. The Bills have NO Vince Lombardi trophies!

Edited by PearlHowardman

That is the difference between Manning & Brady. Brady would of been in guys faces right from the opening safety. When things go bad for Manning he usually hangs his head. Also, after Denver was down 15-0, 22-0 Brady would of started slinging it down field not keep doing these 5 yard dink & dunks that are going to take 10 minutes to score a TD. Brady has a stronger arm then Manning. I don't think Manning is even capable of doing that. Just not in his game. Both great QBS, all time greats, it is unfortunate that Manning is going to be tagged as a guy that does not perform his best on the big stage.

Two weeks ago called and laughed at this post.

Thomas had 135 yards rushing and 55 receiving. He was hardly forgotten.

http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/1991012701

135 yards on 15 CARRIES!! Thurman was averaging 9 yards a carry and Kelly only gives it to him 15 times?? 19 rushing plays total versus 36 passing plays, all while Belichick was using a 2-man front and dropping everyone into coverage.

Remember Jim Kelly called all the plays in the K-gun offense. Instead of exploiting the 2-man front by running Thurman he took Belichick's bait. The future Hoodie knew Kelly would not back down from a challenge. Kelly was going to win the SB with his arm no matter how many people were in coverage.

We all know how that turned out. But how many recall the Thurman was one tackle away from scoring a touchdown on the play right before Wide Right? What a wasted opportunity.

PTR

http://www.footballd...core/1991012701

135 yards on 15 CARRIES!! Thurman was averaging 9 yards a carry and Kelly only gives it to him 15 times?? 19 rushing plays total versus 36 passing plays, all while Belichick was using a 2-man front and dropping everyone into coverage.

Remember Jim Kelly called all the plays in the K-gun offense. Instead of exploiting the 2-man front by running Thurman he took Belichick's bait. The future Hoodie knew Kelly would not back down from a challenge. Kelly was going to win the SB with his arm no matter how many people were in coverage.

We all know how that turned out. But how many recall the Thurman was one tackle away from scoring a touchdown on the play right before Wide Right? What a wasted opportunity.

PTR

You got it right PTR! The Bills didn't really start using Thurman until the second half.

Kelly called his own plays and he wanted MVP

http://www.footballd...core/1991012701

PTR

+1

Don't forget that Andre Reed dropped some easy passes in the first half. And Andre made those catches the Bills would have blown the Giants out by half-time.

Ok Guys admit it, down 22-0 at half you are thinking 'There is a good chance this blowout will erase most of the 52-17 memories for awhile' :-)

Nope!

Peyton Manning already had a SB ring.

The Denver Broncos already had two Vince Lombardi trophies.

Seattle Seahawks get their first Vince Lombardi trophy.

The Buffalo Bills gained nothing yesterday.

Two weeks ago called and laughed at this post.

Yeah Manning did get the better of Brady 2 weeks ago. I still say Brady has gotten the better of Manning over the course of their careers.

http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/1991012701

PTR

Unfortunately you are right on with this interpretation. Parcells/BB knew Kelly's ego would get the best of him. Thomas should of ran it at least 30 times that game.

Yeah Manning did get the better of Brady 2 weeks ago. I still say Brady has gotten the better of Manning over the course of their careers.

There is no reason to believe Seattle wouldn't have hammered NE yesterday, just like they did the Broncos. It sure would have been fun to watch.

There is no reason to believe Seattle wouldn't have hammered NE yesterday, just like they did the Broncos. It sure would have been fun to watch.

The only positive of seeing the pats reach a Super Bowl would be getting to see them lose a sure bowl.

It's petty, but I just don't like that team.

Was this result of Seattle being that much better or that they that much better yesterday, Seattle a fired up confident team playing a rattled one. Sometimes a game starts to go south and there is seemingly not a great deal to stop it . Don't see much in football where when team rattled or mo going the wrong way, coaches calling a time out, time to refocus. I think if they ever had it arguably they lost it and never regained it . There are days like that. Think Manning will want to play until he goes out on in much more positive fashion,