The 10 worst states for taxes - 2014

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I remember 11% when I lived in Erie county. What really got me was I would take my already NYS taxed as wages money into a store to buy cigarettes, which where marked up 80% for taxes and pay a sales tax on them. So I was paying a tax on a tax with my already taxed money.

seems like you should lay off the booze it's damaging your memory, the highest sales tax in NY is 8.875 which is NYC, Erie is highest upstate at 8.75 with most of the surrounding counties at 8.0...................................................................................................Oh wait my bad there is a 2.25 Alaskan hick add-on tax.

No, you got it back because you don't know what the !@#$ you're doing.

Like you've done taxes in Illinois. Yeah, I thought so. If I don't send my children to private school, I can't take the credit (which is documented on its separate form with school ID, and other info, expenses, etc...) and that is tax I would have to pay. The other credit is on my property taxes. My property taxes actually have been going down each year. That is the bulk of my refund and has to be documented. Without that, my refund would be anywhere from under 50 bucks to me oweing. I think I am cutting it pretty close, thank you very much. Even if I played games w/my withholding and tried to manage it perfectly, what's the point? Honestly, I would rather overpay throughout the year than worry about petty interest on chump change and me possibly oweing... They can use it more than me. You guys worry way too much about this sh*t.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Like you've done taxes in Illinois. Yeah, I thought so. If I don't send my children to private school, I can't take the credit (which is documented on its separate form with school ID, and other info, expenses, etc...) and that is tax I would have to pay. The other credit is on my property taxes. My property taxes actually have been going down each year. That is the bulk of my refund and has to be documented. Without that, my refund would be anywhere from under 50 bucks to me oweing. I think I am cutting it pretty close, thank you very much. Even if I played games w/my withholding and tried to manage it perfectly, what's the point? Honestly, I would rather overpay throughout the year than worry about petty interest on chump change and me possibly oweing... They can use it more than me. You guys worry way too much about this sh*t.

What's the point?? Keeping he money in your pocket not the governments to do with what YOU want not what the government wants. And here is the failing of the liberal mindset. Thinking the government can use your money more than you can. If that's truly the case why do you even accept your refund. Send it back to them because hey........they can use it more than you can. Hell send all your disposable money their way because....hey they can use it more than than can. Try this. Send even your non-disposable money their way because....hey they can use it more than they can. Oh that money you've put aside for your kids college? Send it the the government because......hey they can use it more than you can. Oh they've got your number. Fool

Worry about this too much? No it's part of what I do for a living. You have any idea how much I've improved people's cash flow and abilities to save and invest over the years by getting them to figure out that getting a tax refund is stupid.

Edited by Chef Jim

No it's part of what I do for a living.

This is is exactly what I thought you would say. I 'd rather see the gov't get to utilize it than you. I trust them more than say you and your company. If the money avoids people like you and your pocket: Win.. I hope a lot of people follow this trend. It is that simple. Agree to disagree about the 867 bucks.

Save the anti-gov't schtick for somebody else who cares.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is is exactly what I thought you would say. I 'd rather see the gov't get to utilize it than you. I trust them more than say you and your company. If the money avoids people like you and your pocket: Win.. I hope a lot of people follow this trend. It is that simple. Agree to disagree about the 867 bucks.

Hey have at it. If you'd rather give your money to an entity that in "in the business" of spending it on others with incredible waste than giving it to an entity that is in the business of growing your money that's your choice. Continue to be the fool I don't care.

This is the most hilariously absurd thing I've ever read.