The 10 worst states for taxes - 2014

Hey have at it. If you'd rather give your money to an entity that in "in the business" of spending it on others with incredible waste than giving it to an entity that is in the business of growing your money that's your choice. Continue to be the fool I don't care.

Thanks for the advice, I don't need your advice... Especially when it comes to this. I will call you if I need to make a pot roast or need some coke.

The world's not a perfect place. I never said that I don't let my money grow w/entities that are in the business of growing money. You are trying to be too perfect by telling me how I should manage 16 dollars a week. I know that this 16 dollars a week could be your bread and butter, but I invest 20 times that a week already, and most certainly not with your company. We can all invest and still throw a bone to gov't. It is not all or nothing. That is 16 dollars a week times millions of people, that is money you will never see.

Anway, this thread is about the top 10 worst taxing states... I am shocked Illinois is not on it. Maybe they should be on it to get themselves out the the mess they are in... But feel free to move to Wisconsin or New Jersey. Chicago, one of the highest sales tax in the nation, has 2.6 million people within its city limits. Population has been leaving every decade since 1960 except the 1990's when it grew 5%. This trend points elsewhere than taxes.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice, I don't need your advice... Especially when it comes to this. I will call you if I need to make a pot roast or need some coke.

The world's not a perfect place. I never said that I don't let my money grow w/entities that are in the business of growing money. You are trying to be too perfect by telling me how I should manage 16 dollars a week. I know that this 16 dollars a week could be your bread and butter, but I invest 20 times that a week already, and most certainly not with your company. We can all invest and still throw a bone to gov't. It is not all or nothing. That is 16 dollars a week times millions of people, that is money you will never see.

:lol:

Why not my company? Tell us all what you know about my company? Tell us in detail what I do for a living?

Google is your friend, it is all on the internet:

http://www.trilogyfs.../jim-young.aspx

http://www.glassdoor...ews-E297258.htm

Good job bravo!! So what you've discovered that I work in a career that is very difficult to get started in and takes a lot of hard work to be successful. But you've found nothing from clients we've helped over the years. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Now I want YOU to tell us what I do for a living.

Edited by Chef Jim

Good job bravo!! So what you've discovered that I work in a career that is very difficult to get started in and takes a lot of hard work to be successful. But you've found nothing from clients we've helped over the years. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Now I want YOU to tell us what I do for a living.

Hey you keep asking.

Whatever you do, I know it is NOT changing a solenoid on a diesel compressor, plowing snow, and chipping ice so boats can get their product to market AND it most certainly is NOT getting this working man's 16 dollars a week to manage. Just knowing you from here, I have more faith in my bankrupt state. :D

Hey you keep asking.

Whatever you do, I know it is NOT changing a solenoid on a diesel compressor, plowing snow, and chipping ice so boats can get their product to market AND it most certainly is NOT getting this working man's 16 dollars a week to manage. Just knowing you from here, I have more faith in my bankrupt state. :D

Yes I keep asking and you have yet to be able to articulate what I do. I get it you know nothing about what I do and anything about my company other that what you've "heard" from disgruntled employees. So good job posting the links that you did thinking that was going to give you the "win" in this conversation. But all it really did is expose you for the classless schmuck that you are.

Yes I keep asking and you have yet to be able to articulate what I do. I get it you know nothing about what I do and anything about my company other that what you've "heard" from disgruntled employees. So good job posting the links that you did thinking that was going to give you the "win" in this conversation. But all it really did is expose you for the classless schmuck that you are.

Whatever.

But the common theme seems to be "employment scam":

http://www.financialindustryscam.com/

I guess your company sued.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Anway, this thread is about the top 10 worst taxing states... I am shocked Illinois is not on it. Maybe they should be on it to get themselves out the the mess they are in... But feel free to move to Wisconsin or New Jersey. Chicago, one of the highest sales tax in the nation, has 2.6 million people within its city limits. Population has been leaving every decade since 1960 except the 1990's when it grew 5%. This trend points elsewhere than taxes.

Illinois probably escaped the list due to a (relatively low compared to some others) 5% flat income tax. Illinois does, however, have the "you didn't build that" tax. Business owners have the privilege of paying an extra 1.5% income tax compared to "the working man".

Why would you throw a bone to the Govt?

Why would you throw a bone to the Govt?

Why would you not?

And before you answer me with a cynical reply, think of this, even if it is for only a second:

Seems a lot of people hate their country/gov't and the control it exercises over them for the greater good of other people of our country. There is a lack of faith in gov't like there has never been before. A lot of people are jaded and cynical and would rather see not a penny go to the gov't. A penny that represents my 12 month interest free loan on $867. Time to take the leap of faith. I understand the cynicism and lack of faith... I TRY not to practice it.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

I know, cheesy and corny in today's political & cultural climate.

If the pocketbook is broken, the greater good is harder to achieve. A few dollars is what I can do. Too many people are asking what their country can do for them without chipping in to help... Even if it means throwing them a small interest free loan. That is ONE way "families" can get ahead financially, interest free loans. When we start eating each other instead of looking out for the common good, that is when "the family" falls apart. And the country is falling apart from people scratching and clawing "to get theirs." Agree to disagree if you (or whoever attacks me on this) will.

Like I said, taxes are not breaking my bank. I can't speak for others, but whatever humble earnings my family makes, we can afford to forgo the interest on the tax witholdings. That money is made up somewhere else by saving or spending less on non-essential consumer wants.

Laugh now if you must. There is nothing wrong with loving and trusting your country. I don't believe in "bloodletting" as a corrective measure to what ills us.

'Cause I've seen what they do.

You are a contractor. I am a in-house employee. I have also seen what they do in-house. I have also seen what gov't contractors do. By far, the abusers are the contractors, enabled of course by the gov't.

That is changing I hope. I can't talk too much, but I know of one contract that just fell and went back in-house. I hope this sets a trend. :-)

that is like saying well the wolf is hungry, maybe i should give him my first born!

No. Far from the truth. I mentioned, it is not breaking the bank. Of course you want to think it is.

Seems a lot of people hate their country/gov't and the control it exercises over them for the greater good of other people of our country.

So you prefer to give to the government money that doesn't belong to it instead of using to invest in yourself and your family in hopes they'll give it back to you in 12 months, and people who hate their government = people who hate their country.

Yeah, I have no idea what ever made me think you are a progressive. :lol:

Maybe if the government didn't use your money like Phillip Seymour Hoffman uses a needle in the bathroom, more people would have faith in the government.

But no. The problem isn't government for you. It's people and their lack of patriotism.

Got it.