The 10 worst states for taxes - 2014

Maybe if the government didn't use your money like Phillip Seymour Hoffman uses a needle in the bathroom, more people would have faith in the government.

You are right to an extent. I mentioned that I am not into bloodletting. Yet, if the gov't started to stop writing wasteful contracts and and started to give it back to the people that directly work for their country, you would see things tip the other way. BUT, that is scary as hell to people like you. Doing this, people than would take ownership and act as good stewards. The system has swung too far to the other way. Right now, you see wasteful contracts raping the gov't. People are out for themselves. What ownership do they have if all they are worried about is the bottom line?

Now, your method is to bleed the patient till they die. That's not good. You are so angry and upset by what you preceive is being done to you & family, you can't see the good. Look inward my friend, stop being selfish.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right to an extent. I mentioned that I am not into bloodletting. Yet, if the gov't started to stop writing wasteful contracts and and started to give it back to the people that directly work for their country, you would see things tip the other way. BUT, that is scary as hell to people like you. Doing this, people than would take ownership and act as good stewards. The system has swung too far to the other way. Right now, you see wasteful contracts raping the gov't. People are out for themselves. What ownership do they have if all they are worried about is the bottom line?

Now, your method is to bleed the patient till they die. That's not good. You are so angry and upset by what you preceive is being done to you & family, you can't see the good. Look inward my friend, stop being selfish.

You sure spend a lot of time telling everyone how they feel, and coincidentally you also spend a lot of time being wrong.

If I genuinely wanted to bleed the patient to death, I wouldn't pay taxes. The problem with progressives like yourself is you refuse to believe the country is fiscally bleeding out. No one wants to be a good steward for a lazy, overbloated, out of control money shredder.

In the end, if I am to be my brother's keeper, I need my brother to stop acting like Charlie Sheen on a bender or he's on his own.The more stable I am, the more I can help. The less stable I am because my brother is taking everything I have, the less I can help...or even want to.

You see this as being selfish, which I guess makes you very shortsighted.

Seems a lot of people hate their country/gov't and the control it exercises over them for the greater good of other people of our country. There is a lack of faith in gov't like there has never been before. A lot of people are jaded and cynical and would rather see not a penny go to the gov't.

the government isn't supposed to have the power to exercise 'control' over citizens, and nowhere does the phrase 'the greater good' come into play when determining the responsibilities of the federal government.

when the country is experiencing economic difficulties, it make no sense to look to the feds for assistance because they get their money by taxing all of us. the more the feds do this, the greater the economic strain they place upon the citizens. either that, or they go further into debt, worsening another government-manufactured crisis looming on the horizon. I wouldn't call that being jaded or cynical, I'd call it being justifiably pissed-off.

if there is a lack of faith in government, it's because there are no leaders within whom americans feel they can place that faith. americans need to be taught to have faith in themselves, not the government. it wasn't the might and wisdom of washington that built the nation into a superpower, it was the citizenry exercising their rights as free individuals that did it. that same formula for success applies today, but it all centers around individuals, not the benevolent public servants in washington.