Weaver Now Browns D Line Coach

BRAWNDO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one kind of hurts. From everything we heard, Weaver had a lot of promise and the players--esp Mario--really liked him. Not sure how much he contributed to our success, but the fact that 3 guys from the d-line made it to the pro bowl, has to be some indicator that he knew what he was doing.

That said, if he didn't want to be here, then they weren't going to force him to stay. Perfectly sensible.

This one is kind of surprising. It's clear that he has a better liking to Pettine over Marrone. It's not like he left the Bills as a D-Line coach to become a DC in Cleveland. He left to become the same position coach somewhere else. I say good riddins. If you don't want to be here then I don't want you here.

I'm also starting to dislike Pettine more and more.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

This one is kind of surprising. It's clear that he has a better liking to Pettine over Marrone. It's not like he left the Bills as a D-Line coach to become a DC in Cleveland. He left to become the same position coach somewhere else.

Ya go with the horse that brung ya.

Edited by nonprophet

I'm more surprised Henderson stayed.

Why? He is pretty close with Marrone, has had a working relationship with him for years...and Marrone brought him here, not Pettine.

Mike Pettine used Doug Marrone, and the Buffalo Bills, to get a chance at a Head Coaching gig...I hope he falls flat on his face.

Why? He is pretty close with Marrone, has had a working relationship with him for years...and Marrone brought him here, not Pettine.

Mike Pettine used Doug Marrone, and the Buffalo Bills, to get a chance at a Head Coaching gig...I hope he falls flat on his face.

Isn't that what ever coach does?

Marrone used Syracuse to get an NFL HC gig.

This one kind of hurts. From everything we heard, Weaver had a lot of promise and the players--esp Mario--really liked him. Not sure how much he contributed to our success, but the fact that 3 guys from the d-line made it to the pro bowl, has to be some indicator that he knew what he was doing.

That said, if he didn't want to be here, then they weren't going to force him to stay. Perfectly sensible.

I would be more impressed if he was able to turn some mid round draft picks on a line into Pro Bowlers

In Buffalo he had Kyle Williams (a previous Pro bowler), along with Mario (Previous Pro Bowler and #1 overall Pick) and Dareus, a previous #3 overall pick to work with

Isn't that what ever coach does?

Marrone used Syracuse to get an NFL HC gig.

Touche...but, Marrone stayed there for a while...I doubt he was expecting the NFL to come calling when it did.

Pettine knew all he had to do was get out from under Ryan, have a good year or two...and he would get his shot.

It just seems strange to me how it happened. That's all. (And I am bitter, I'll admit that...I really liked the guy, thought he was an amazing hire.)

Here's to hoping Schwartz came help me forget that...and do just as good a job, if not better than Pettine! :beer:

Edited by Bob Malooga

Ya go with the horse that brung ya.

This is true, but all this says to me is that Marrone is not respected by his peers. Marrone brought Pettine and now Pettine is bringing or at least WANTS to bring the WHOLE defensive staff with him.

The most exciting part and most successful part of our team is being tampered with. Leaves us with no expectations for next year. I really hope Schwartz knows what he's doing cuz if not, bye bye Marrone. Maybe it's for the better if it plays out that way who knows. But that also means 2015 we're cleaning house again. Smh.

Henderson had previous connections to Marrone, not Pettine. He coached for Marrone at SU.

Didn't realize that. Thanks.

This is true, but all this says to me is that Marrone is not respected by his peers. Marrone brought Pettine and now Pettine is bringing or at least WANTS to bring the WHOLE defensive staff with him.

The most exciting part and most successful part of our team is being tampered with. Leaves us with no expectations for next year. I really hope Schwartz knows what he's doing cuz if not, bye bye Marrone. Maybe it's for the better if it plays out that way who knows. But that also means 2015 we're cleaning house again. Smh.

I think you are missing a key point. Yes Marrone brought Pettine ... one year ago. Pettine brought a lot of the guys he is now bringing with him to Cleveland. At least 2 of which he had a long history with. And one of them had already been let go for whatever reason by the Bills. It is no reflection at all on Marrone. It is just a good reflection on Pettine that these guys want to stick with him. That is all.

As far as expectations go, the roster is still unchanged. Neither Pettine or the coaches made one tackle this past season. In Tenn. apparently Schwartz was a good DC. I'd say if you have no expectations of next season by the defense you should take another look.

Edited by CodeMonkey