"True Detective" anyone?

Buftex

I'm 2.5 episodes into S1 and see why this show got all the pub. McConaughey has been brilliant and Woody is doing well think MM is at a whole other level.

Yeah I watched Ballers and it's Entourage light, if it wasn't for the TnA I probably won't go back to it.

MM really was brilliant in it. On a TnA note, just wait until you see Alexandra Daddario in it. Total smoke show.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This week's episode was much better than last's, but that wasn't really that hard to do. I'm thinking Ray was shot with rubber bullets or something non life threatening. I just can't see them killing him off when a large part of the show is likely going to involve the man who raped his ex wife.

This week's episode was much better than last's, but that wasn't really that hard to do. I'm thinking Ray was shot with rubber bullets or something non life threatening. I just can't see them killing him off when a large part of the show is likely going to involve the man who raped his ex wife.

Agreed, no way they kill him off 2 episodes in. I mean, he's the first actor listed in the opening credits, you know?

Anyone else think Vince Vaughn's girl is pretty funky looking? Rachel McAdams on the other hand, holy smokes.

Vince Vaughans girl would get it.

Not so sure the show is. Found myself dozing off a bit during the episode.

I dozed off the first time I tried to watch. It kept my interest the second time. One scene had me cracking up pretty good.

Farrell's character to McAdams':

"Just so you know, I support feminism. Mostly by having body-image issues."

:lol:

I dozed off the first time I tried to watch. It kept my interest the second time. One scene had me cracking up pretty good.

I was digging Vince Vaughans pillow talk about his fears too but it's not grabbing me yet.

Except for the part where Masuka from Dexter and the Barksdales (the wire)momma showed up.

Agreed, no way they kill him off 2 episodes in. I mean, he's the first actor listed in the opening credits, you know?

Anyone else think Vince Vaughn's girl is pretty funky looking? Rachel McAdams on the other hand, holy smokes.

IMDB has him for all 8 episodes. What kind of moron gut shoots somebody to kill someone, put it in the chest or head (what with the crow suit, this show is weird). McAdams looks like a hot mess and the whole show is pretty grimey. This season is wacked, I liked last year a lot better.

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one who's fallen asleep this season. Granted I jumped into S1 and watched them all in less than a week but the first 2 episodes of S2 been snooze fests. I can't say I really like or side with Vaughn or Ferrell's characters yet. McAdams is okay but it just seems like there are too many story lines going on. As S1 was good because it was focused primarily on MM and Woody both in their jobs and partially their home lives. This season just seems to go everywhere with these characters. I'm waiting to see one of them take a dump in the coming weeks and I'll probably not care about missing it. I hope it gets better as thus far I give the season a D.

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one who's fallen asleep this season. Granted I jumped into S1 and watched them all in less than a week but the first 2 episodes of S2 been snooze fests. I can't say I really like or side with Vaughn or Ferrell's characters yet. McAdams is okay but it just seems like there are too many story lines going on. As S1 was good because it was focused primarily on MM and Woody both in their jobs and partially their home lives. This season just seems to go everywhere with these characters. I'm waiting to see one of them take a dump in the coming weeks and I'll probably not care about missing it. I hope it gets better as thus far I give the season a D.

This is exactly it! Too much crap is being thrown against the wall. Everybody is investigating for a different reason, and I'm not sure if anybody even wants to solve this. And, we're already 1/4 into this.

That WAS funny!

This.

I think the writers were thinking too hard on this one, all it needed to be is a glorified version of The Killing (which should not have been canceled)

This is exactly it! Too much crap is being thrown against the wall. Everybody is investigating for a different reason, and I'm not sure if anybody even wants to solve this. And, we're already 1/4 into this.

That WAS funny!

I read episode 3 is better than 2 was. Which means it's still building, hopefully. A few of the "I'm bored" crowd may be better served waiting and binge watching later though.

Ive enjoyed it so far. Rachel is slimy/grimy hot. Colin is fd up detective..guy on bike is

weird. and vince is vince. I always liked him so too each is own. I think if we didnt have

a season one with woody and mm then this would be awesome. Looking forward to it

all coming togehther

I'm watching....and yeah, Matt McC's character is awesome.

Noticed an appearance from the actor who plays Nucky's brother on Boardwalk....I'm sure we will be seeing more from him in future episodes.

He's the preacher at the tent revival, right? Just finished episode three and I couldn't place the actor no matter how hard I tried.

Also cool that the modern day detectives from season one are played by two actors I recognized immediately. Tyler from Sons of Anarchy and Brother Mouzone from The Wire

Third episode was pretty meh

I disagree, I'm starting to like it. As someone here (or maybe somewhere else) mentioned, a lot of people are holding this show to such a high standard because of the first season that they are not enjoying a really good show because it's not that first season. If this was just another show, with a different name, then I think it would have gotten a better reception out of a lot of people. Just look at it as a regular tv drama and it still blows away 90-95% of the other crap that is on tv. The first season, however, did that to 99% of them.

Ballers is so dumb but since it's 30 minutes and there isn't really that much to watch during the summer I'm forcing myself to watch it. Don't really know for how much longer though.

I disagree, I'm starting to like it. As someone here (or maybe somewhere else) mentioned, a lot of people are holding this show to such a high standard because of the first season that they are not enjoying a really good show because it's not that first season. If this was just another show, with a different name, then I think it would have gotten a better reception out of a lot of people. Just look at it as a regular tv drama and it still blows away 90-95% of the other crap that is on tv. The first season, however, did that to 99% of them.

Ballers is so dumb but since it's 30 minutes and there isn't really that much to watch during the summer I'm forcing myself to watch it. Don't really know for how much longer though.

I'd say it's the opposite. If the show wasn't season 2 of True Detective, any semblance of an audience would have abandoned it after episode one, and would completely be gone by the end of episode 3 with so many open holes in the convoluted plot.

Not so sure what's so convoluted about the plot. Vince Vaughn was a former dirty club owner, made cash, turned (mostly) legit businessman, got his cash taken by a dude who is now dead with the money gone and looks to be set on doing anything he can to staying in the position he worked so hard to get to (and probably did a lot of sketchy things to get there) with no desire to go back to the life he grew up in. The one cop is a former military guy who has some issues from some wartime event, McAdams was brought up in a crazy environment which clearly made her develop male trust issues, and Colin is a cop who killed the dude that raped and impregnated his ex-wife and is most likely the father of the kid he tries to call son who probably developed a lot of his bad habits coping with both the rape and his response to it. The industrial city is as dirty and corrupt as any industrial city most likely is with a mayor who is willing to play ball to keep the companies happy which keeps him in office (only need to buy off like 50 people to do so) and the state wants to prove it and is using the murder as an excuse to dig deep into it.

Personally, I was way more confused through 3 episodes of season 1 than I am at this point in season 2.

Edited by Mark80