What time and station is the Pro Bowl on?

Just Jack

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It pretty much did, though. The guy came back and did pretty damn good, yeah but that was after two or three years of recovery and getting back to that point. It was a great story and tells you just how good and strong he was to come back but it really cost him millions.

Actually he did little after returning to the NFL, 4 years later, with the Dols. Played a season, had a little over 100 yards, and was out of the NFL after that. The injury effectively ended his career.

And it was interesting to see teammates being able to tackle each other. On highlights, since I missed the game.

WHEN WAS THE LAST PRO BOWL HEADLINE:

"Defense ruled the day", which is not something we've seen out of recent Pro Bowls.

The defensive lines dominated from the start. Drew Brees was hit twice on the first drive, including a blindside sack from Gerald McCoy. On the other side, Newton was sacked four times in the second quarter alone; obviously Ron Rivera didn't ask his D-linemen to go easy on his franchise quarterback.

The teams combined for nine sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000318206/article/team-rice-defeats-team-sanders-in-nfl-pro-bowl

NFLPA president: Roger Goodell was close to canceling Pro Bowl

The Pro Bowl is Sunday night, but commissioner Roger Goodell was considering doing away with the game, according NFL Players Association president Domonique Foxworth.

Roger was very serious about potentially canceling the Pro Bowl, because apparently it's very expensive and isn't of a ton of value to them, Foxworth told USA Today this week.

To be honest with you, I was completely comfortable with eliminating it until I talked to the players, and they said they loved it and they want to be there.

http://tracking.si.c...bowl/?eref=sihp

Edited by papazoid

You bet the players love it. Who wouldn't want an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii for your whole family? I give the league credit for trying to make changes, and the players credit for playing hard last night. They obviously don't want this nice reward to be taken off the table. The D players were definitely hitting. The QB's were not wearing a red practice jerseys, they were hit too. Next year they should have Team Kelly vs Team Marino.

this is the first Pro Bowl I watched in over 5 years.

I thought is was very entertaining and worth keeping if played like that.

I especially enjoyed some big hits by guys from the same regular season teams. one of the KC's LB's, I think it was Derrick Johnson just lit up Jamaal Charles. Cleveland Browns safety TJ Ward sent WR Josh Gordon flipping in the air.

JJ Watt playing next to Super Mario, Ndamakingkong Suh and Greg Hardy were UNBLOCKABLE.

the DB's were all playing man to man.

between the two teams there were 9 sacks and 6 interceptions....the defense got the message.

Edited by papazoid

I watched some of it... this was the first weekend without real football in so long, I found myself watching both the Senior Bowl on Sat and some of the Pro Bowl just to get my fix. It was crazy watching the AFC and NFC guys play together. I actually found it oddly fascinating.

This was one of the better Pro Bowls.

If the NFL is serious about wanting to maintain competitiveness of the game, however, they should take out a 1 week injury insurance policy for each player who attends (practices and pre-game activities need to be included). Players could really let it rip then, in a showcase of the best vs the best.

Insured long term security = higher quality product on the field.

I would have liked to watch the game, but I had no idea when it was on, or what channel. It didn't even make the news on ESPN.

I had to look for it.. it was on NBC. They actually had Michaels and Collinsworth, so that made it better. It was a close game at the end - Rice's team won it within the final 2 minutes. They would have tied with an extra point - went for 2 and won it.

MD got 2 sacks?

Not bad...

CBF

Dareus looked unblockable - but then again I am sure the OLineman were not trying very hard! Mario had a sack as well.

Goodell salutes players for Pro Bowl improvements:

'You have to admit it was very competitive' Goodell told ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning. 'Exciting. Fun. I think the players played much harder.'

Goodell liked the changes, as suggested by NFLPA president Domonique Foxworth.

'I believe it was a very, very positive step,' Goodell said. 'I salute the players.'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/goodell-salutes-players-for-pro-bowl-improvements/

Edited by papazoid