Ndamukong Suh FIRES Agent Roosevelt Barnes

papazoid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Z could have a role in Suh's representation

The source also tells PFT that Suh has been spotted at multiple Jay Z concerts in recent weeks. At a December concert in Nebraska, Jay Z wore a black Nebraska jersey with Suh's Cornhusker No. 93 and Carter on the back. Jay Z also gave Suh what the kids (and some of the old people like me) call a shout out from the stage in Detroit on January 10.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/jay-z-could-have-a-role-in-suhs-representation/

Edited by papazoid

come on Doc. why so you can diss him for leaving and being a punk player?

Pay the man. I'm tired of seeing the Bills let players go more so to teams who are in playoffs time and again.

If Byrd were the difference between playoffs and not, I'd keep him. But he's not. And no I won't diss him for leaving, but his antics to start this past season did leave a bad taste.

If Byrd were the difference between playoffs and not, I'd keep him. But he's not. And no I won't diss him for leaving, but his antics to start this past season did leave a bad taste.

Tyrd is going to get exactly what he deserves......$8.3 mil for 1 year.

btw....our winning % was higher in the games he missed.

There's one player on our roster that is the difference between playoffs and not. He plays on offense.

You're right, Byrd isn't that guy. But he's the guy who gets the most important player on our roster more chances to put points on the board. He's arguably the best in the league at what he does. No reason to be a cheapskate here.

name me some "holdouts? that don't cause a stir one way or another.

Pass defense wasn't the issue this season for not making the playoffs, containing BIG runs were and an offense hindered by multiple QB injuries.

Tyrd is going to get exactly what he deserves......$8.3 mil for 1 year.

And EJ started and played in each one.

hmmmm. oddly enough, Byrd's return coincided with EJ Manuel's second knee injury. ... but that wouldn't have anything to do with the Bills winning percentage would it?

--

oddly enough, people who are down on Eugene Parker and Byrd, by extension, fail to realize that Byrd is in a better position to cash in entering this offseason than he was a year ago.

either he gets the lucractive contract he was asking for a year ago from the Bills

or

he gets the lucrative contract he was asking for a year ago from the Bills from some other team in free agency.

or

he gets tagged by the Bills and is in line to make about $15 million in two years, which is probably about $7 million short of the guaranteed money he was looking for out of a long-term contract in free agency, and gets another shot at free agency a year later.

but please, explain to me how Eugene has failed his client in this situation.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

hmmmm. oddly enough, Byrd's return coincided with EJ Manuel's second knee injury. ... but that wouldn't have anything to do with the Bills winning percentage would it?

--

oddly enough, people who are down on Eugene Parker and Byrd, by extension, fail to realize that Byrd is in a better position to cash in entering this offseason than he was a year ago.

either he gets the lucractive contract he was asking for a year ago from the Bills

or

he gets the lucrative contract he was asking for a year ago from the Bills from some other team in free agency.

or

he gets tagged by the Bills and is in line to make about $15 million in two years, which is probably about $7 million short of the guaranteed money he was looking for out of a long-term contract in free agency, and gets another shot at free agency a year later.

but please, explain to me how Eugene has failed his client in this situation.

jw

your always letting facts get in the way of a good story.....

ok,ok, looking at it your way....we were 2-3 without byrd and 2-3 when both EJ & Byrd played in same game (no difference in Wins Over Replacement).

Parker has not failed Byrd....as I have pointed out in other threads, Parker's clients ALWAYS WIN. absent a career ending injury, Byrd will do just fine in the end, maybe better. for the record, I predict history will repeat itself exactly like last year. bills will make a top 4-5 offer. Byrd will reject it. bills will tag him. byrd will not sign tender and skip OTA's and minicamp. byrd will miss a few regular season games until he is 100% healthy. Parker and Byrd will NOT flinch. the bills might, by trading him before the deadline.

If in fact Byrd demands that kind of money, I would prefer the BILLS tag him and trade him. I'm sorry, but regardless of your talent given the needs of this team no one and yes that includes Super Mario despite his contract - should be paid with top FA money. I like Byrd, he did a good job while on the field, but if he continues to demand top two or three money, then tag him and trade him. And with a Draft selection, take a Safety that will provide similar if not equal production but cost the team less. Teams like the Patriots have done well over an extended period of time by letting guys exactly like Byrd walk or traded them for value because they put the money in positions that demand extremely high levels of production and consistency, ala QB, Offensive Line, Defensive Line...positions like RB and WR have been cycle in and out and let the next guy play. The BILLS need to spend the money on Offensive Line, Defensive line and LBs at this point. Draft a Safety, WR and BPA and go from there...

your always letting facts get in the way of a good story.....

ok,ok, looking at it your way....we were 2-3 without byrd and 2-3 when both EJ & Byrd played in same game (no difference in Wins Over Replacement).

Parker has not failed Byrd....as I have pointed out in other threads, Parker's clients ALWAYS WIN. absent a career ending injury, Byrd will do just fine in the end, maybe better. for the record, I predict history will repeat itself exactly like last year. bills will make a top 4-5 offer. Byrd will reject it. bills will tag him. byrd will not sign tender and skip OTA's and minicamp. byrd will miss a few regular season games until he is 100% healthy. Parker and Byrd will NOT flinch. the bills might, by trading him before the deadline.

wasn't suggesting you suggested Parker failed Byrd. ... the second part of my post was directed at those posters who fail to realize that Eugene Parker is employed to serve his client's interests, not the team his client plays for. and that he's good at what he does.

jw

wasn't suggesting you suggested Parker failed Byrd. ... the second part of my post was directed at those posters who fail to realize that Eugene Parker is employed to serve his client's interests, not the team his client plays for. and that he's good at what he does.

jw

Well, lets see....

Byrd doesnt want to be playing for the Bills. He is playing for the Bills.

Byrd didnt want to agree to the Bills (likely) number of less than $8mil/year. He made $6.9mil last year on a 1 year contract. And even if he is tagged this year, he is only set to make $8.3mil. Still well on the Bills' side of the numbers, especially when averaged across both seasons.

Another 1 year deal for an often injured player with a bad hip and bad foot, going into his 6th year, and looking to hit Free Agency going into his 7th year.

I wouldnt exactly say Parker and Byrd are winning. I know what Parker's main role is, but one could argue that a long term deal at slightly less money is the best interest of his client in this particular situation. As papazoid mentioned briefly, the only reason Parker hasn't failed him is because he's managed to stay relatively healthy. See how long that streak lasts playing Safety in the NFL...

Well, lets see....

Byrd doesnt want to be playing for the Bills.

not true.

He is playing for the Bills.

true

Byrd didnt want to agree to the Bills (likely) number of less than $8mil/year. He made $6.9mil last year on a 1 year contract. And even if he is tagged this year, he is only set to make $8.3mil. Still well on the Bills' side of the numbers, especially when averaged across both seasons.

hmmm. you fail to take into account his earning potential in 2015. which, combined over a 3-year period would, more than top the guaranteed money he was looking for last year.

Another 1 year deal for an often injured player with a bad hip and bad foot, going into his 6th year, and looking to hit Free Agency going into his 7th year.

funny thing about this "often injured" label you place on Byrd.

in five seasons, he's missed seven of possible 80 games.

I wouldnt exactly say Parker and Byrd are winning. I know what Parker's main role is, but one could argue that a long term deal at slightly less money is the best interest of his client in this particular situation. As papazoid mentioned briefly, the only reason Parker hasn't failed him is because he's managed to stay relatively healthy. See how long that streak lasts playing Safety in the NFL...

they're not losing. in fact, Parker has proven his point so far. one way or another, Byrd is more than likely to get the guaranteed money he was seeking when contract negotiations first began in 2013.

far too much is made in regards to these "highest paid safety" claims. the key to any deal as any player and agent knows is the guaranteed money. Byrd was expected to be looking for something in the $22-$25 million range. he is well on his way to getting that -- and more.

by comparison, what did the Bills get for their money. a Pro Bowl caliber player who wasn't ready for the start of the season and potentially cost them a win or two had he had a full offseason to prepare. foot problems or no, it's quite likely Byrd would have been in a position to be more willing to play in the opener against New England knowing that he had the security of a long-term contract to support his future.

then there's the case of Byrd eating up a roster spot while not playing the first five games, and thus forcing the Bills to bring in another safety. it paid off with Leonard, but a case could be made that the Bills could have used that spot for another position -- say QB? -- had Byrd been ready for the start of the season.

the Bills, it appears, under-estimated Byrd's resolve to see this through to the end and the contract dispute didn't help them. now they find themselves back at Square 1 having to determine whether they have the stomach to go through this whole riggga-marrolle again. at this point, don't they have to given the money they committed to Byrd last year?

jw