Does Kiko Deserve to be in the Pro Bowl?

wellimmiked

Tim Graham had a nice blog post on buffalo News.com today about this...don't have the link but he did a nice job.

Found it

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/01/21/pro-bowl-debate-paul-posluszny-kiko-alonso-deserve/

He was third in the league in tackles and was named defensive rookie of the year, I think he deserves to be in it, but he's not... yet. what do you guys think?

Edited by The Poojer

Tim Graham had a nice blog post on buffalo News.com today about this...don't have the link but he did a nice job.

Found it

http://bills.buffalo...alonso-deserve/

That is very interesting for another reason - the unreliablity of grading/ranking NFL players. PFF ranks Poz the 42nd best ILB (completely ridiculous and laughable) yet also ranks him #1 overall in run-stop percentage and 8th in tackling efficiency. Wtf??? A very, very large part of an ILB's job is stopping the run, so tell me again -- how is the league's second ranked tackler who also has very solid INT/sack/stuff/passes defensed numbers ranked 42nd?

Also, if you check out the stat page for Poz on espn.com, he has 7 stuffs and 9 passes defensed. Stuffs is a better metric than tackles for loss because it includes runs that go for no gain.

Stat measurement in football is still in the dark ages. PFF in particular needs to step up its game. I admire what they're trying to do, and I realize measuring the effectiveness of a player on a field with 22 interlocking parts is tough to do. But they need to recognize that a grade is illogical when it's staring them in the face.

Edited by dave mcbride

Why does anyone care if he goes or not? I get no satisfaction when guys on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years get personal accolades. Trophies are for closers.

Counterpoint to that: KC put 5 players in the Pro Bowl last year while 2-14, and this year made the playoffs. A disproportionate number of players for a losing team can often be a harbinger of good things to come.

Counterpoint to that: KC put 5 players in the Pro Bowl last year while 2-14, and this year made the playoffs. A disproportionate number of players for a losing team can often be a harbinger of good things to come.

Of course, but I'm not gonna get worked up about whether or not a Bills player deserves to go or not.

A good new coach and QB can go a long way too.

He was third in the league in tackles and was named defensive rookie of the year, I think he deserves to be in it, but he's not... yet. what do you guys think?

Kuechly was DROY last year and didn't make the pro bowl. I would put him higher than Poz, but was he better than Bowman, Willis, Burfict, Kuechly, and D. Johnson? I don't think so.

Eventually, perhaps. If he can develop the stamina needed for a 16 game schedule without taking a play off. It was obvious he hit a wall last season. But the kid can flat out play. The Pro Bowls will take care of themselves.

GO BILLS!!!