Hard Knocks in Buffalo?

johnwalter

Hard Knocks 2014  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Hard Knocks in Buffalo in 2014?

• Yes, I would like the Bills to be Hard Knock's 2014 team.
    • No, I would like Hard Knocks to say out of the Buffalo locker room.

i asked before in another thread, but has a HOF game participating team been selected before? Might throw off their established production schedules and such.... not a huge deal, but could potentially be a factor.

I felt like the joint practices with Pittsburgh would also add some variety to hard Knocks for a few episodes. I wonder if that makes our camp more appealing to producers...

with the bengals/falcons session last year, i guess it was interesting but certainly not a few episodes.

a side note, the steelers i would think are a more likely target if HBO gets to choose, and we might end up on part of an episode because of it

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills are one of I believe 8 teams that fit the criteria that would allow the nfl to mandate they do it

I was wondering if they would add a new or no owner to that list of criteria? Seems as trivial as some of the other criteria. One could argue a certain amount of disarray they would prefer not be seen from an NFL team

C'mon you don't think I was suggesting the entire show be about Mr. Wilson do you? They do a ton of takeaways where they visit a player with his family at home, or a player gets married, or a road trip. The M.C. gives all kinds of story lines within the confines of following an NFL team through its training camp. I'm saying this show could be a creatively tasteful way to honor Mr. Wilson.

I also suggested this could be possible because the thought is teams don't want to participate and the NFL will eventually mandate a team to be involved. I thought the NFL and HBO could have a nice pitch if it's sold to the Bills as "we'll do a nice job of honoring Ralph Wilson".

No, maybe that came off as a little attacking, I'm suggesting that's not the venue for such a thing. A retrospective look at Mr. Wilson as a major contributor to the modern day NFL would be the correct arena, God knows there's a metric crap ton of features on former Dallas coaches and players, it would be nice to see such a thing on Ralph.

And I still contend that show(hard knocks) is a steaming pile of horse brownies. If I were a coach, I wouldn't want cameras all over my OTAs, training camp and preseason games. Sometimes there needs to be some fan separation, and that show takes too many exceptions to the fact that there needs to be a line somewhere.

C'mon you don't think I was suggesting the entire show be about Mr. Wilson do you? They do a ton of takeaways where they visit a player with his family at home, or a player gets married, or a road trip. The M.C. gives all kinds of story lines within the confines of following an NFL team through its training camp. I'm saying this show could be a creatively tasteful way to honor Mr. Wilson.

I also suggested this could be possible because the thought is teams don't want to participate and the NFL will eventually mandate a team to be involved. I thought the NFL and HBO could have a nice pitch if it's sold to the Bills as "we'll do a nice job of honoring Ralph Wilson".

totally agree with your premise.. it will be an emotional year, why not do hard knocks? cannot see a negative..

No, maybe that came off as a little attacking, I'm suggesting that's not the venue for such a thing. A retrospective look at Mr. Wilson as a major contributor to the modern day NFL would be the correct arena, God knows there's a metric crap ton of features on former Dallas coaches and players, it would be nice to see such a thing on Ralph.

And I still contend that show(hard knocks) is a steaming pile of horse brownies. If I were a coach, I wouldn't want cameras all over my OTAs, training camp and preseason games. Sometimes there needs to be some fan separation, and that show takes too many exceptions to the fact that there needs to be a line somewhere.

I agree that something more formal needs to and will be done to commemorate Ralph's life and contributions.

On your comments about camera's - in today's NFL cameras and potential distractions are every where. Camera's can get up close and personal without being any where near the action. I guess if you consider the occasional interview or guys that will seek out the camera as a distraction I could see that. I am finding it hard to believe that a fan such as yourself doesn't like the show. I find it to be extremely interesting.

Edited by Triple Threat

I agree that something more formal needs to and will be done to commemorate Ralph's life and contributions.

On your comments about camera's - in today's NFL cameras and potential distractions are every where. Camera's can get up close and personal without being any where near the action. I guess if you consider the occasional interview or guys that will seek out the camera as a distraction I could see that. I am finding it hard to believe that a fan such as yourself doesn't like the show. I find it to be extremely interesting.

I think I liked the first one, then if I'm not mistaken, there was a season with T.O. on it, and it really started to feel like a circus. There's a "Welcome to the NFL rookie" type of show on NFLNW that has a more documentary feel to it, and you can follow one player's road to making a team. It's very similar in feel, and it seems to be more focused on the journey. Hard Knocks has a more plastic feel to it I guess, for whatever reason, it just looks like there's too much stuff being embellished when those cameras are rolling.

• 3 weeks later...

No Thanksgiving

No Monday Night/Sunday Night

No Hard Knocks

All these guesses that the Bills would finally get some limelight due to hardship and team excitement ended up being totally false. :)

Then again:

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL's Greg Aiello on report that Bears, Giants, Steelers are finalists for Hard Knocks: "totally inaccurate."

I don't get why people wouldn't want hard knocks in buffalo. I don't see any downside to it whatsoever. Cameras are not a distraction, they are everywhere these days

This, I have watched all the seasons just because I can't really get enough of it. If anything it really makes the team far more relatable and likable and will help increase our following. It has no hinderance on play whatsoever and would serve well to raise our profile a bit.

Then again:

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL's Greg Aiello on report that Bears, Giants, Steelers are finalists for Hard Knocks: "totally inaccurate."

I think as long as the Bills remain one of the worst franchises in the NFL, we won't exactly get any lime light. People need to keep their expectations low until we win some games.

I think as long as the Bills remain one of the worst franchises in the NFL, we won't exactly get any lime light. People need to keep their expectations low until we win some games.

Probably. I think the Steelers, Giants and Bears have infinitely more appeal to a national aduience right now than the Bills.

We need to wait our turn behind heralded teams like the Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins?

We need to wait our turn behind heralded teams like the Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins?

Bengals and Dolphins are way more successful in recent history than us. Hell, the Jaguars have made the playoffs 3 times in the last 14 seasons.

I know we are Bills fan on this site, but I sometimes think ppl forget that Wilson was not the only owner to die this year...Detroits owner, Ford, also died only a month or so b4 Wilson....now I don't know if Detroit is one of the teams that could be forced to do hard-knocks or not, but sometimes the way ppl talk on this site its as if Wilson was the only person in the country to die this year....again I stress that we are Bills fans and Wilsons death is very close to us all...but to think NFL would force Bills to do hard-knocks due to Wilsons death and think they will overlook Fords death is a bit selfish..but thats my opinion...and Im not trying to fling poo at Triplethreat either

as a fan I'd love to watch Bills on hard-knocks, but only if it wouldn't hurt them getting prepared for the season...and as others have said, I don't think they'd do much other then mention Wilsons death in a show, but they won't take a whole or half a show to talk about Wilson imo...but, if one of the Bills does have a hot wife, they'd devote a bit of time on her like they did for Miami Dolphins QB Tannehill's wife...cuz shes hot..:)

Edited by Tsaikotic