Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go back and find the highlight after your two posts because, I thought it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball.

the 7:20 mark in this video shows it : http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000315447/article/richard-shermans-tip-leads-seahawks-to-super-bowl

I still think it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball. Why do you believe he was beaten? How could his body have been in better position?

And afterwards, I don't think patting someone on the rear and going to shake their hand after a hard fought game is 'classless' although it is possible the gesture was tungue in check

Sherman let him get outside in the back corner of the end zone. He stayed between the ball and crabtree like he needed to but you can't let that gap open up. Its a nearly indefensible play and if not for his large playing size he would not have defended it.

That was crabtrees ball all day long had the pass been high like it should have been. It was to fall at his hip not above his head. Poor placement by the ball.

The coverage was off because Sherman should have had tighter control on the WR. They had been playing physical all day. Contact would have been made and likely not called. He chose that one play to let there be space and turned early once he lost his man then got lucky it was a bad ball.

I had to go back and find the highlight after your two posts because, I thought it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball.

the 7:20 mark in this video shows it : http://www.nfl.com/n...s-to-super-bowl

I still think it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball. Why do you believe he was beaten? How could his body have been in better position?

And afterwards, I don't think patting someone on the rear and going to shake their hand after a hard fought game is 'classless' although it is possible the gesture was tungue in check i guess. But Sherman was patting Crabtree on the helmet and rear throughout the game in a 'good job' type of manner so I just figure it was a good sport kind thing.

Why was he beaten? Because it's a fade and Crabtree had a step. CK threw the ball too flat and didn't lead Crabtree. That should have been incomplete or a TD. CK threw a bad ball...like his earlier interception...too flat.

Nah. I'm certain that Sherman was giving as good as he was getting all game long. What he did isn't "retaliation" it was showboating. Let your play do the talking.

Supposedly it all began with something said face to face by Crabtree to Sherman this summer. Sherman's only saying "He knows what he said."

Boy would I love to hear the exchanges they have with each other. Both intense competitors who talk a big game. Personally I don't like all of Sherman's antics, but his story is great. Motivated to be better than all the DBs selected before him, an ACTUAL intelligent player (see: Gronkowski, Rob for the opposite end of the spectrum) with an amazing fire and skill set.

The SI profile on him from this summer was a very good read. He's more than just your average player. His intelligence and film study is what sets him apart. Its insane. He watches 12 GAMES of film on the guy he's going to cover each week.

That interview was great. Although, I hope Manning makes him look silly next week. As one poster said, Crabtree beat him, Kap tried to hard to force the ball in. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with either Kap or Wilson during that game. Neither looked that great, floating balls, etc. Brady for that matter as well. The only QB who played lights out was Manning. The D's were all over yesterday.

You missed Wilsons 4th down bullet for the TD.

You want to see a lot of wobbly ducks? Check Manning next week--or look at yesterday's rewind.

wrongo WEO :D

Come on!

While watching the game with some friends, the conversation turned to the decline of interest among us with the "product" that is the NFL. A league of classless, ignorant, street punks who can't act mature. You have coaches like Harbaugh that act like complete degenerates and the camera can't get enough. Then this punk gives the most ignorant post game interview I've ever seen and the fact that people think that's ok cements the argument. The league has now a large cohort of fans who act this way and think this is ok. Look back at the hall of famers from other eras.... Would Ronnie Lott act like that? Would Kelly, Smith, or Thomas? The nfl is a reflection of the worst of our culture and society and it's turning many people away. Go to a Bills game. It's evident. I didn't have seasons last year because it's out of control and no longer fun... Sherman's act is repeated every game in every section in upper deck and end zones. Life imitating morons.

And one of the people watching last night with us was a lifelong Hawks fan who thought Sherman was neither funny nor profession and downright embarrassing.

While watching the game with some friends, the conversation turned to the decline of interest among us with the "product" that is the NFL. A league of classless, ignorant, street punks who can't act mature. You have coaches like Harbaugh that act like complete degenerates and the camera can't get enough. Then this punk gives the most ignorant post game interview I've ever seen and the fact that people think that's ok cements the argument. The league has now a large cohort of fans who act this way and think this is ok. Look back at the hall of famers from other eras.... Would Ronnie Lott act like that? Would Kelly, Smith, or Thomas? The nfl is a reflection of the worst of our culture and society and it's turning many people away. Go to a Bills game. It's evident. I didn't have seasons last year because it's out of control and no longer fun... Sherman's act is repeated every game in every section in upper deck and end zones. Life imitating morons.

And one of the people watching last night with us was a lifelong Hawks fan who thought Sherman was neither funny nor profession and downright embarrassing.

Stodgy Old White Guys are entertaining dinosaurs. :lol:

Supposedly it all began with something said face to face by Crabtree to Sherman this summer. Sherman's only saying "He knows what he said."

add all the trashtalking and competitive spirit during the game, having Sherman make the game winning play in the final minutes and putting a mic in front of him 30 secs after the game is over...I can't really judge Sherman here...we have no idea what was exchanged between the two

But Sherman was patting Crabtree on the helmet and rear throughout the game in a 'good job' type of manner so I just figure it was a good sport kind thing.

i think you are the only person in america arguing that sherman was just misunderstood in his attempts to display good sportsmanship.

add all the trashtalking and competitive spirit during the game, having Sherman make the game winning play in the final minutes and putting a mic in front of him 30 secs after the game is over...I can't really judge Sherman here...we have no idea what was exchanged between the two

My immediate thought was "what the heck did Crabtree say? Did he insult his entire family tree? Good lord he just went WWE promo on Erin Andrews"

Sorry, but I just can't take this too seriously. Sherman talked trash, Crabtree talked trash. It's been part of the game for a long time. I have absolutely no problem with any of it. The two were battling all game long and jawing at each other. He who makes the last play gets the last word. I thought it was funny.

You do not need to be a "Stodgy Old White Guy" to recognize a classless punk when you see one.

He may very well be a "classless punk" with a Super Bowl Ring in two weeks. :lol:

He belongs in the WWF.

That's WWE these days.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes he's a good player. As for his comments and his taunting/choke sign, punk.

Agree !! Especially the comments right after the play against Crabtree while talking to Erin Andrews , just another thug in NFL clothing !

To bad cause he's a great player ...

Edited by T master

Sorry, but I just can't take this too seriously. Sherman talked trash, Crabtree talked trash. It's been part of the game for a long time. I have absolutely no problem with any of it. The two were battling all game long and jawing at each other. He who makes the last play gets the last word. I thought it was funny.

and yet, he who doesnt care about getting the last word once the game is over is probably the real winner. (not implying thats the niners WR or the seahawks DBs)

Edited by NoSaint

It's entertainment, nothing more. The problem with poor fan behavior at Bills games has nothing to do with Richard Sherman. It is due to alcohol and the way fans abuse it before and at the game like never before.

If you are not entertained, then why watch? Or, if you must watch, why not just turn it on at kickoff and off as the clock hits 0:00?