I love watching Lil Donte Whitner get exposed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an article today by Janie McCauley (AP):

"I don't think it is heartbreaking," safety Donte Whitner said, "I played in Buffalo, NY, for five years. We're playing in the cold, and we're playing for nothing at the end of the year. Here we're playing for championships, each and every year. We're playing a lot of big games, lot of nationally televised games that we win."

Such a gratuitous shot.

But, don't worry, lil guy, seeing as you are a FA and the Niners will have no interest in re-signing you, odds are you'll be singing a different tune next year.

yea - that is just ugly on his part. a simple "im glad i got a chance to play in big games like this one and will hopefully be back to win it next year" wouldve been plenty.

that he takes such unneeded shots makes me happy that the personality is gone from the locker room. i can only imagine the comments he makes/made behind closed doors.

yea - that is just ugly on his part. a simple "im glad i got a chance to play in big games like this one and will hopefully be back to win it next year" wouldve been plenty.

that he takes such unneeded shots makes me happy that the personality is gone from the locker room. i can only imagine the comments he makes/made behind closed doors.

you really thought that was a shot? It's the truth.

And let's be honest. IF you were Whitner, you won't be pissed at Bills fans. Most of them hated on him the second he was draft. He repped the Bills and Buffalo hard yet he was ripped because of something out of his control. He's not a great S but he's a good one. And yes threads let this are petty. I want to be a fanbase that is better than that. I want to be more Packers than Eagles.

And let's be honest. IF you were Whitner, you won't be pissed at Bills fans. Most of them hated on him the second he was draft. He repped the Bills and Buffalo hard yet he was ripped because of something out of his control. He's not a great S but he's a good one. And yes threads let this are petty. I want to be a fanbase that is better than that. I want to be more Packers than Eagles.

All of this...great post C Biscuit. I really don't care about Whitner. He is an above average player that no longer plays here. He has been more than adequately replaced. Dwelling on his performance years later is a waste of time. He doesn't miss playing for the Bills and the Bills don't miss having him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

What makes you think the Packers fanbase is a shining beacon of 'class'.

Whitner's comment was a gratuituous shot. So what if it's a true? It still was an unnecessary insult.

Even if it is 100% true that some of you are ugly, I don't need to call that out when I tell everyone how much better looking I am than the rest of you nerds. :D

Similarly, he didn't need to point out Buffalo's failures in making his point--which is that the Niners' fans should be happy with their late-season success.

Whitner's comment was a gratuituous shot. So what if it's a true? It still was an unnecessary insult.

Even if it is 100% true that some of you are ugly, I don't need to call that out when I tell everyone how much better looking I am than the rest of you nerds. :D

Similarly, he didn't need to point out Buffalo's failures in making his point--which is that the Niners' fans should be happy with their late-season success.

100% agree!!!!!

It is also worthy to point out that he made approx. 30 million dollars playing in Buffalo. He rewarded us with few game changing plays and a couple of off field incidents.

Whitner was smart enough to promote himself and make the cash. Levy/Jauron were inept enough to draft him at #8 and set this team and it's great fan base many years.

Good riddance to this sub-par ingrate. Seriously.

I always found the Whitner hatred on here odd. People lump him in with Maybin. One is a starter that has been to the Pro Bowl on an elite defense that has played in the Super Bowl. The other is in the CFL. Whitner is a pretty good NFL player. He probably shouldn't have went 8th but the Bills have taken much worse players in the 1st round in the last decade (Mike Williams, Losman, Aaron Maybin, McCargo). That doesn't even account for bad 2nd round picks like Torrell Troupe.

I know that the guy has a big mouth but so do lots of defensive backs. I never understood why people hated him but gave guys like McCargo a pass? Whitner is a decent NFL player playing a crucial role on a championship contender. It's time to get over it and start worrying about the guys playing on this team that is 6-10 every year.

+1