Bills sign WR Ramses Barden, 4 others to futures contracts

James Hardy was also 6'6"

Has injuries been the issue with this guy?

From what I read the only injury he had was an ACL last year that caused him to miss the season, so that's pretty serious. Otherwise he looks like a project that just couldn't supplant Cruz, Manningham, or Nicks.

Oh an Hardy was a 2nd round pick. This isn't a risky move.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise he looks like a project that just couldn't supplant Cruz, Manningham, or Nicks.

This is exactly what the case was. He had that huge game and never saw that many snaps again after Nicks returned. Coughlin/Gilbride do not give their younger talent a lot of opportunities when there's a veteran incumbent. After they were well out of the playoffs this year, and Cruz got hurt, they started to use Jernel Jernigan and found out that he's pretty freaking good. Yet - they struggled to find offensive weapons all season and rarely played him.

There's hope for Barden.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

It probably won't amount to anything but Barden certainly could be interesting. He's smart (I think he got a 35 on the Wonderlic) and has an awesome name. If I'm the Bills, I tried to get him to bulk up and become a receiving TE. He's not fast enough to get away from NFL corners but could be a matchup problem for LBs and Ss.

It probably won't amount to anything but Barden certainly could be interesting. He's smart (I think he got a 35 on the Wonderlic) and has an awesome name. If I'm the Bills, I tried to get him to bulk up and become a receiving TE. He's not fast enough to get away from NFL corners but could be a matchup problem for LBs and Ss.

The Bills love awesome names. What I like is that the Bills are obviously looking to put a WR like this on the field and may not need to spend a top pick on one. First, this is a very deep WR draft ad you can get a good one after the 1st rd. Second, rookie WRs rarely make a big imapct their first year, especially the more raw ones that come out as Juniors which encompasses all of Evans, Watkins and Benjamin, - especially with an inexperienced QB. Third, Darden was a 3rd rounder and we are getting him for nothing. He has amazing size and has what, 4 NFL training camps now under his belt and real NFL game experience? He may not win a roster spot, but if he does, awesome addition without having to spend a high pick or spend tons of money in FA. Frees you up to go OL high in the draft because we all know EJ + clean pocket = good. EJ under pressure = not so much. Regardless of who is out there. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills love awesome names. What I like is that the Bills are obviously looking to put a WR like this on the field and may not need to spend a top pick on one. First, this is a very deep WR draft ad you can get a good one after the 1st rd. Second, rookie WRs rarely make a big imapct their first year, especially the more raw ones that come out as Juniors which encompasses all of Evans, Watkins and Benjamin, - especially with an inexperienced QB. Third, Darden was a 3rd rounder and we are getting him for nothing. He has amazing size and has what, 4 NFL training camps now under his belt and real NFL game experience? He may not win a roster spot, but if he does, awesome addition without having to spend a high pick or spend tons of money in FA. Frees you up to go OL high in the draft because we all know EJ + clean pocket = good. EJ under pressure = not so much. Regardless of who is out there.

good points. I'm not going to lie. I've been on the Mike Evans bandwagon for 2 years. I do realize he isn't the most polished wr in the world but I can see him being a vincent Jackson type. But as you said, it is a deep wr draft and we do have other needs.

I doubt Bills go WR early in the draft now and will focus their attention on OL, LB, maybe even TE depending how situation with Chandler turns out.

These futures signings should have no effect on the Bills FA or draft plans. If they do, prepare to be underwhelmed with the WRs again next year. These are guys who weren't on anyone's roster at the end of the season, to expect them to alter draft/FA plans is not wise IMO.

These futures signings should have no effect on the Bills FA or draft plans. If they do, prepare to be underwhelmed with the WRs again next year. These are guys who weren't on anyone's roster at the end of the season, to expect them to alter draft/FA plans is not wise IMO.

True, but I am just hoping they go OL in the first. We really need a RT, LG and also RG (Urbik could be upgraded and has a pretty big contract for his production) to be any good this year on offense, regardless of what WRs you roll out there. If they don't go OL in the 1st I would like Ebron. This type of TE is where the NFL is going and would be a big help to EJ. Edited by YoloinOhio

True, but I am just hoping they go OL in the first. We really need a RT, LG and also RG (Urbik could be upgraded and has a pretty big contract for his production) to be any good this year on offense, regardless of what WRs you roll out there. If they don't go OL in the 1st I would like Ebron. This type of TE is where the NFL is going and would be a big help to EJ.

I'm really starting to like Ebron as our pick more and more. The only thing the Bills have neglected more than a QB is a TE. Of the 3 teams left, only 1 doesn't have a really good TE and the one who isn't really good was a former 1st rounder (Miller of Seattle).

True, but I am just hoping they go OL in the first. We really need a RT, LG and also RG (Urbik could be upgraded and has a pretty big contract for his production) to be any good this year on offense, regardless of what WRs you roll out there. If they don't go OL in the 1st I would like Ebron. This type of TE is where the NFL is going and would be a big help to EJ.

I'm not saying anything about who should be drafted where, but, to expect a bunch of street FAs or practice squad players to change a team's intentions is not wise (that's all I'm saying).

If any of these guys stick it's a win. If none of them stick it's no loss.