BB 2014 Off-season discussion; Mocks, FA, etc.

Armchair GM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see us taking a guard that high there are to many other really good players that we can pick up that will be available in the second round .

But if this guy is as good as you say hey i'm game ! But i see them going for one of the other O line guys mentioned at the top like Matthews or the dude from Auburn .

I do like the Mack pick the guy is like you said all over the field & is a bruiser !! But i don't think he will be there at 9 ...

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 5m

If you like speed, some good news: #Clemson WR Sammy Watkins will do all drills at the Combine. Should be a fascinating 40-yard dash

If Watkins is there you have to take him, personally though I think we will take Ebron theTE from UNC. We need playmakers on offense. We still have to wait until FA is over then we can discuss the draft.

Yep. We might need a FS :cry:

Hey guys, with the lovely snow day I have right now, i was sitting down and starting to do my First Mock. It occurred to me, that with such a great community here on these boards, it's odd that no one has made an overall list regarding suggested draft picks and FA signings.

Before I finish this draft, I thought i'd hope on here and ask if anyone would like the idea of a google document being set up, dividing out Draft vs FA. We can make note of the rounds, the players by position, and leave notes on it stating who suggested what, and copy and paste their reasoning into it. Just thought I'd drop the idea since I have about a hundred tabs open between here, and other websites reading different reviews/report and suggested drafts.

It's still early in the off season...But I have not changed my opinion on what I think the Bills will do whatsoever...

I think the Bills will go Offense in the 1st round (WR, TE, or an OT that may play at LG as a Rookie)...I think they'll look look to trade out of #9...Hoping there will be a player available there that is coveted (like Watkins, Dennard, or Mack)...I think if by some miracle Greg Robinson is available at #9 the Bills will stay put and take him...And I think in a trade down the targets will be Ebron, Evans, or Benjamin...

I do think the Bills will look to add one piece on Defense through Free Agency...Like they did last year with Lawson...

And lastly I think besides the obvious priority of re-signing Byrd, the Bills will look to get Carrington locked up too...Maybe they can work out something with Parker to get both his clients signed up before March 8th...And...maybe not... B-)

So here is my first Mock for the Bills. I realize that a lot of ppl will probably hate

this draft, however I'm a pretty firm believer that the game is won upfront first, and the

back side is all about physicality. SO without much more delay here is my, none sexy pcik

draft.

Rd.1 Greg Robinson/Jake Matthews (OT)

Take your pick here. I feel like either one would be a solid upgrade. I don't think I

really need to explain these. Which ever is here at 9.

Rd.2 Cryil Richardson/Gabe Jackson (OG)

Big and Nasty. As with my first pick I'll take either one. This gives us 2 linemen that

could/should start day 1 and be improvements over what we have. Since they should start,

we could also pick up some money possibly dropping other contracts.

We had a great running attack last year...... but we ran the ball more than anyone else.

Not the best ratio. Also we need to keep EJ upright and give him just a little more time.

Regardless of how many play makers you have, if the QB can't get the ball out or the RB

can't get past the LOS it means nothing. Go ask Peyton if you don't believe me ( and yes

yes i know that the Seahawks have amazing corners/safeties that play man which was also a

factor)

End result - 2 big linemen drafted and hopefully 4-5 yrs of solid line play.

Rd.3 Chris Borland (LB)/ Donte Moncrief(WR)/ Martavis Bryant(WR)

So I gave a pretty wide range here. Why? Because it's a first mock draft. Combines and FA

still to come which would probably shake this all up.

Borland seems like a solid pick here. I think i saw some board members against this pick,

can't remember. As far as i can tell though, this seems about right and we do need another

LB.

HOWEVER - My pick personally would be Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant. Both are

extremely underrated WR imo. I know we have Elliot and Braden and Kaufmen, but these guys

could be animals. Also I'm sick of having small receivers. I like most, hope we release

Graham, and while Goodwin is entertaining, we have not shown the ability to use speedy

short receivers.

Rd. 4/5 C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE)/ Joe Don Duncan (TE)/ Lamin Barrow (ILB)

I am combining these 2 rounds. The reason being, I feel that pending which TE you want you

could reach a little to get Lamin Barrow with a 4th. However, it would think it is

unlikely to see C.J. Fiedorowicz fall anymore than the 4th. So this is really a matter of

which TE you want.

End Result A - C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) + Lamin Barrow (ILB)

End Result B - Lamin Barrow (ILB) + Joe Don Duncan (TE)

Honestly I'm ok wither either.

Rd. 6/7 Max Bullough (ILB)/ Nickoe Whiteley (S)/ Vinnie Sunseri (SS)

Another pair of rounds i'm going to combine. This is because i find that the later rounds

have a lot more to do with coaches and scouts getting it right. That said I think i ahve

some nice choices.

My choice - Max Bullough (ILB) + Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Recap or TL:DR

Rd.1 Greg Robinson/Jake Mtthews (OT)

Rd.3 Donte Moncrief(WR)/ Martavis Bryant(WR)

Rd.4 C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE)

Rd.5 Lamin Barrow (ILB)

Rd.6 Max Bullough (ILB)

Rd.7 Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Went through Fanspeaks's Draft Sim trying to get as close to my post as possible, I ended with-

Rd.5 Max Bullough (ILB) // Lamin Barrow (ILB) taken only a few spots ahead by the falcons

Rd.6 Vinnie Sunseri (SS)

Rd.7 Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Edited by RK_BillsFan

So here is my first Mock for the Bills. I realize that a lot of ppl will probably hate

this draft, however I'm a pretty firm believer that the game is won upfront first, and the

back side is all about physicality. SO without much more delay here is my, none sexy pcik

draft.

Rd.1 Greg Robinson/Jake Matthews (OT)

Take your pick here. I feel like either one would be a solid upgrade. I don't think I

really need to explain these. Which ever is here at 9.

Big and Nasty. As with my first pick I'll take either one. This gives us 2 linemen that

could/should start day 1 and be improvements over what we have. Since they should start,

we could also pick up some money possibly dropping other contracts.

We had a great running attack last year...... but we ran the ball more than anyone else.

Not the best ratio. Also we need to keep EJ upright and give him just a little more time.

Regardless of how many play makers you have, if the QB can't get the ball out or the RB

can't get past the LOS it means nothing. Go ask Peyton if you don't believe me ( and yes

yes i know that the Seahawks have amazing corners/safeties that play man which was also a

factor)

End result - 2 big linemen drafted and hopefully 4-5 yrs of solid line play.

Rd.3 Chris Borland (LB)/ Donte Moncrief(WR)/ Martavis Bryant(WR)

So I gave a pretty wide range here. Why? Because it's a first mock draft. Combines and FA

still to come which would probably shake this all up.

Borland seems like a solid pick here. I think i saw some board members against this pick,

can't remember. As far as i can tell though, this seems about right and we do need another

LB.

HOWEVER - My pick personally would be Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant. Both are

extremely underrated WR imo. I know we have Elliot and Braden and Kaufmen, but these guys

could be animals. Also I'm sick of having small receivers. I like most, hope we release

Graham, and while Goodwin is entertaining, we have not shown the ability to use speedy

short receivers.

Rd. 4/5 C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE)/ Joe Don Duncan (TE)/ Lamin Barrow (ILB)

I am combining these 2 rounds. The reason being, I feel that pending which TE you want you

could reach a little to get Lamin Barrow with a 4th. However, it would think it is

unlikely to see C.J. Fiedorowicz fall anymore than the 4th. So this is really a matter of

which TE you want.

End Result A - C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) + Lamin Barrow (ILB)

End Result B - Lamin Barrow (ILB) + Joe Don Duncan (TE)

Honestly I'm ok wither either.

Rd. 6/7 Max Bullough (ILB)/ Nickoe Whiteley (S)/ Vinnie Sunseri (SS)

Another pair of rounds i'm going to combine. This is because i find that the later rounds

have a lot more to do with coaches and scouts getting it right. That said I think i ahve

some nice choices.

My choice - Max Bullough (ILB) + Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Recap or TL:DR

Rd.5 Lamin Barrow (ILB)

Rd.6 Max Bullough (ILB)

Rd.7 Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Went through Fanspeaks's Draft Sim trying to get as close to my post as possible, I ended with-

Rd.5 Max Bullough (ILB) // Lamin Barrow (ILB) taken only a few spots ahead by the falcons

Rd.6 Vinnie Sunseri (SS)

Rd.7 Nickoe Whiteley (S)

Love Robinson!!! I'm already 110% convinced he won't be there at #9...But if by chance that minor miracle happens, I enjoy seeing him and Glenn as bookends for many years to come...I'm not real big on taking an OT at #9, especially an OT you know is going to play RT at least for the next couple years...But I do feel Robinson is such a can't miss prospect there is no way you pass on that kid... B-)

Love Robinson!!! I'm already 110% convinced he won't be there at #9...But if by chance that minor miracle happens, I enjoy seeing him and Glenn as bookends for many years to come...I'm not real big on taking an OT at #9, especially an OT you know is going to play RT at least for the next couple years...But I do feel Robinson is such a can't miss prospect there is no way you pass on that kid... B-)

He looks great but am I the only one having Mike Williams flashbacks with taking a OT that high?

He looks great but am I the only one having Mike Williams flashbacks with taking a OT that high?

Not at all. A physically dominant OT that is rising as the draft approaches sounds an awful lot like Williams. I think that Robinson is the only OT that I would consider at 9 but I can see where you are coming from.