Tom Brady: Game manager?

Watching the Pats today it dawned on me that this year Brady has been the ultimate game manager. With the WR corps being down this year they have turned smashmouth and this has benefited both Tom and the pats. It has taken the pressure off of Brady to always win games and it has made their team tougher, which makes for a better playoff push. I believe he is the the perfect weapon for the pats because he has all that experience and can rely on the run but when it comes to crunch time he can still deliver.

You can call him whatever you want. He is the consummate professional in the sport today. He wins!

I know a lot of people here mock him and dislike him, but he works harder and smarter than his peers, and he is a winner because of it.

The difference between Brady and the Smiths of the world is intelligence,sacrifice and hard work. I heard the interview with Belichick before the game yesterday, and he said that he, the coach, felt he was under a lot of extra pressure to be prepared when he met with Brady, the player, to prepare for the game because Brady always had already viewed all the games of the team they were preparing for and had analyzed all the tendencies on his own before they as a team even started preparing.

Brady has the physical tools and skills, but the extra he brings to the game is intelligence and intense willingness to do whatever it takes to win. No matter how much sacrifice and hard work, or sacrificing of his personal ego and glory it takes for his TEAM to win.

I hope he goes into OB coaching when he finally retires, he could still contribute so much to the game with the development of future QBs. He gets what it takes to be the best at what you do.

Edited by simpleman

You can call him whatever you want. He is the consummate professional in the sport today. He wins!

I know a lot of people here mock him and dislike him, but he works harder and smarter than his peers, and he is a winner because of it.

The difference between Brady and the Smiths of the world is intelligence,sacrifice and hard work. I heard the interview with Belichick before the game yesterday, and he said that he, the coach, felt he was under a lot of extra pressure to be prepared when he met with Brady, the player, to prepare for the game because Brady always had already viewed all the games of the team they were preparing for and had analyzed all the tendencies on his own before they as a team even started preparing.

Brady has the physical tools and skills, but the extra he brings to the game is intelligence and intense willingness to do whatever it takes to win. No matter how much sacrifice and hard work, or sacrificing of his personal ego and glory it takes for his TEAM to win.

I hope he goes into OB coaching when he finally retires, he could still contribute so much to the game with the development of future QBs. He gets what it takes to be the best at what you do.

Yeah. Too bad they were caught cheating or I would totally agree. And before I get attacked, I am just saying the doubt will always be there that Brady and Belicheck are doing something else besides what you state above. Like knowing what the other team is going to through illegal or anti-competitve means.

Too bad their system is tainted, because it will always haunt them.

Cheat or not, the obsessive work is the common thread amongst the best.

True with Peyton, true with Brady. Brady in particular was barely a college QB when drafted.

This is why I am 100% confident EJM will either work his behind off obsessively and become a star, or just fade into the books as another middling prospect. What I am saying here is he has the talent, it's up to him to convert it to success. Like Brady did...

For the record I didn't see any stellar QB play yesterday.

OL and defense has always been the core of the Patsies teams when they won superbowls. And of course cheating.

They went pass-happy for a few years and didn't win one. That was also after they got caught cheating and presumable, have stopped.

I agree, just saying this year he has been a game manger, which to me isn't a bad thing.

Dan Dierdorf??? Is that you?

I know you retired yesterday but someone has to break it to you that Tom Brady is not gay and he's married. Sorry to break the bad news to you but you will not live happily ever after as Tom Brady's wife.

Yeah. Too bad they were caught cheating or I would totally agree. And before I get attacked, I am just saying the doubt will always be there that Brady and Belicheck are doing something else besides what you state above. Like knowing what the other team is going to through illegal or anti-competitve means.

Too bad their system is tainted, because it will always haunt them.

this.

Anyone can say all they want about you having "sour grapes"

It's a fact. They cheated. They were caught cheating. They were penalized for cheating. And they did all their cheating at the same time they happened to win 3 Super Bowl rings and haven't won one since.

I agree, just saying this year he has been a game manger, which to me isn't a bad thing.

this as well.

The run game that has emerged this season for the Pats might extend Tommy Boys career by another 5 years.

Edited by mrags

Watching the Pats today it dawned on me that this year Brady has been the ultimate game manager. With the WR corps being down this year they have turned smashmouth and this has benefited both Tom and the pats. It has taken the pressure off of Brady to always win games and it has made their team tougher, which makes for a better playoff push. I believe he is the the perfect weapon for the pats because he has all that experience and can rely on the run but when it comes to crunch time he can still deliver.

I see significant physical decline in Brady. His feet are getting heavier and he needs great footwork to make his throws so it matters a lot.

I mentioned this in another thread........some teams would see this as a call to improve his targets.

But Belichick doesn't work that way. He's not going to build a team around Brady.

Brady seems pretty joyless in these playoffs, I think maybe for the first time he sees an end in sight for him in NE.

Cheat or not, the obsessive work is the common thread amongst the best.

True with Peyton, true with Brady. Brady in particular was barely a college QB when drafted.

This is why I am 100% confident EJM will either work his behind off obsessively and become a star, or just fade into the books as another middling prospect. What I am saying here is he has the talent, it's up to him to convert it to success. Like Brady did...

For the record I didn't see any stellar QB play yesterday.

I agree that it's on EJ: he has enough physical tools that if he wants to work his behind off and prepare obsessively, he can make it, up to him.

Totally agree on the lack of stellar QB play yesterday, too.

Not so clear on what you mean by saying "Brady was barely a college QB when drafted"? He started every game at Michegan for 2 years, set school records for #passes and #completions, led the team to a conference title, and won two bowl games. It is true that he sat for 2 years behind Brian Griese (a guy who was never quite quite in the NFL), and true that he had to battle his way up the depth chart to earn the starter's job when Griese left, which is probably one place he developed that "whatever it takes to win, I'll do it" mentality.

Still, one can make an argument that one reason Brady works so fanatically hard in the NFL is that he actually WAS a successful college QB at a major program, with a record of significant wins and achievements, such that he developed a gigantic chip on his shoulder during the draft.