Who will be in the super bowl? New England and who from the NFC?

littlelouie

I think New England will represent the AFC. Denver has a good team and Peyton Manning. but Bill Belichck is a mastermind. I would never bet against New England even without Gronkowski and Wilfork. Besides Brady, Gronk is their best offensive player and WIlfork is their best defensive player, but old master Billy will find a way.

The NFC is a lot harder to call. Seattle looks awesome with the BEAST (Marshawn Lynch), but you never can tell about the two YOUNG teams. Carolina and San Fran are young and energetic They are capable of pulling off an upset.

What do you all think? What teams do you see in the big game?

Edited by littlelouie

You like Seattle too. Yeah they look tough all around, no weaknesses. I don't think there has been a more powerful back than Lynch since Earl Campbell and Jim Brown. You just can't tackle the dude he's darn strong and won't go down. Yeah Denver has a very good chance. I see Denver and New England in the AFC championship game. Both teams have GREAT quarterbacks so it's hard to call but I'm going with New England because of Belichick. I would never bet against Belichick.

If I was Ralph at his age he doesn't need money anymore, I would give Belichick 90% ownership of the Bills to come coach them for ten years. I don't think Belichick would turn down 700 million dollars. The value of 90% of the team. Heck with that kind of money Billy could buy a Carribean island when he retires.

Of the possible match-ups left, I hope to god it is Denver and Carolina...but New Egland/Seattle seems most likely....I can't stand New England, Seattle or San Francisco, so this Super Bowl is likely going to be painful for me...deciding who I hate more, New England, Seattle or San Francisco....

Utah Joe it would be hard to argue against your post. I also think it's very, very hard to go into someone else's stadium and win, especially in the post season. I think home field is even more of an advantage in the playoffs than it is in the regular season. Fans are pumped up for the playoffs and will be louder than in the regular season. If any team has a chance to do it, it would be New England. They have a ton of playoff experience and if anyone can win on the road I think it would be them.

In Denver I think it's a toss up. If the game was in New England I would mortgage the house and put it all on the Pats.

Edited by littlelouie

Well like I told my wife yesterday. My favorite team is the Bills my second favorite team is who ever is playing New England.. But watching them yesterday I'm not sure if anyone can beat NE. I also have always like Lynch since he was here, so I would like him to get a ring. So after saying all that I am still holding out hope that Payton can end NE season. So I am saying my superbowl is Denver vs Seattle.

Don't see anyone beating Seattle at home to get to the Super Bowl.

I think Denver gets a major scare from SD today, but pulls it out and beats NE next week.

Not many hace mentioned weather being a factor, so i would like Seattle even more in cold or bad elements against Denver. Like them in normal conditions, even more In the cold.

SD will beat Denver today. Denver will fold when it counts like a cheap tent. My main reason for believing this is that it will give the Pats a home game against the Chargers for the AFC championship. Pats will obliterate the overmatched Chargers in Foxboro.

If the Pats have to play Denver in Denver, then it's possible Denver could win because of the memory of what happened to them last year, but I don't see the Broncos stopping LaGarette Blount.

My only hope is that the NFC team can beat the Pats in the Bowl. But I would not count on that either. The way the Pats have become a running team behind this come-out-of-nowhere Blount is too depressing for words. If someone manages to keep it close, then Brady will carve them up. The Pats don't have the best personnel in the league, but they have the psych out on everyone. A team like the Colts or even the Bills can hang in there until the fourth quarter against them, but will invariably fall apart in crunch time. The Pats just do not beat themselves, and I have to respect that, even though I &%#@&* hate them.

Edited by Dr. K

Guess I'll go against the grain and say the Niners. I don't know, they just seem to have a it all together and now that they have Crabtree healthy their offense might be better. Plus they've been bullied around in Seattle too many times in recent years to let it happen again and Seattle's offense has sputtered at times lately (see week 16 vs AZ). I'm thinking it will be 49ers vs Patriots (even though I don't want this matchup)

Edited by Talley56

New England's running game really makes it difficult to beat them. If they end up in the big one against Seattle, I'd really like to see how that pans out.

Of course, don't be surprised if the refs help San Diego beat Denver so New England can have the inside track again.

Probably Seattle and NE. I'd love to see Manning slay the dragon; just have a hunch that Rivers and SD will again pull the playoff upset against him, giving NE the easier matchup.

I also don't see either SF or Carolina winning at Seattle. Beating them requires a power running attack and a vertical passing game that can hurt you...and then you need to be able to stop them on defense too.

I really don't like either team, so I suppose if it happens that way I'll just have to cheer for Russell Wilson because he's a good kid.