The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I'm not. We itemize. You get a $4k standard deduction when you itemize - unless you "earn too much". Ours got whittled down to $960.

All the other deductions get whittled down at less than face value too - when you "earn too much".

B-Large - you're welcome. $2,888 of your $3,900 in Federal money came from me.

Count yourself as fortunate. My state caps itemization at 5k.

I'm not. We itemize. You get a $4k standard deduction when you itemize - unless you "earn too much". Ours got whittled down to $960.

All the other deductions get whittled down at less than face value too - when you "earn too much".

B-Large - you're welcome. $2,888 of your $3,900 in Federal money came from me.

That's the problem, the tax credit premium support model incentives earning less. I

The emerging disaster of Obamacare

Washington Times

Original Article

Seven years on, the size of the Obamacare disaster is only beginning to emerge. Fixing it won’t be as easy as some of the candidates for president seem to think it will be. The Congressional Budget Office estimated last week that over the next decade Obamacare will add $1.4 trillion to the nation’s debt. Many of the so-called cures are utterly unrealistic. Hillary Clinton, for example, after proposing new and expensive additions to Obamacare, now suggests a solution concocted of one part fantasy and two parts nonsense. She would impose a 4 percent tax on millionaires to pay for increased costs.

Washington Times

Original Article

Seven years on, the size of the Obamacare disaster is only beginning to emerge. Fixing it won’t be as easy as some of the candidates for president seem to think it will be. The Congressional Budget Office estimated last week that over the next decade Obamacare will add $1.4 trillion to the nation’s debt. Many of the so-called cures are utterly unrealistic. Hillary Clinton, for example, after proposing new and expensive additions to Obamacare, now suggests a solution concocted of one part fantasy and two parts nonsense. She would impose a 4 percent tax on millionaires to pay for increased costs.

The 4% tax is only nonsense to a few. For the rest it's a reason to vote Hillary.

Washington Times

Original Article

Seven years on, the size of the Obamacare disaster is only beginning to emerge. Fixing it wont be as easy as some of the candidates for president seem to think it will be. The Congressional Budget Office estimated last week that over the next decade Obamacare will add $1.4 trillion to the nations debt. Many of the so-called cures are utterly unrealistic. Hillary Clinton, for example, after proposing new and expensive additions to Obamacare, now suggests a solution concocted of one part fantasy and two parts nonsense. She would impose a 4 percent tax on millionaires to pay for increased costs.

A tax on millionaires? Is that people with a net worth of a million or more? That is the definition of a millionaire. So if grandma owns a paid for home worth over $1m (lots of those here in CA) but lives on a small pension and SS will she be paying 4% in additional tax?

A tax on millionaires? Is that people with a net worth of a million or more? That is the definition of a millionaire. So if grandma owns a paid for home worth over $1m (lots of those here in CA) but lives on a small pension and SS will she be paying 4% in additional tax?

Yes. Absolutely. She's rich and the poor people deserve to have some of her wealth, well not all of it - but most of it. It's only fair.

Now that I'm sick, I realized that it's cheaper to see my doctor than to buy Nyquil at Walgreens. Too bad my insurance is going away soon and being replaced by something less cadalac-ey. Thanks Obama.

Yes. Absolutely. She's rich and the poor people deserve to have some of her wealth, well not all of it - but most of it. It's only fair.

If she loses her home, she can always stay on her yacht.

I used to pay $97/month when privately insuring myself with BlueCross. It was basic coverage so if i ever got !@#$ed up good i wouldn't go broke.

With ObamaCare, which I used because I attempted to get subsidies and i do not qualify for them making too much, being white and a male with no kids, I paid $265 for one step up coverage and the basic coverage similar to what I had just two years before was $189.

I paid for this for two months between leaving a job to the next. In that time frame I paid more to ObamaCare than I would have for taking a hit for the entire year of not having health insurance.

And I did not use a healthcare provider for the entire year of 2015.

I used to pay $97/month when privately insuring myself with BlueCross. It was basic coverage so if i ever got !@#$ed up good i wouldn't go broke.

With ObamaCare, which I used because I attempted to get subsidies and i do not qualify for them making too much, being white and a male with no kids, I paid $265 for one step up coverage and the basic coverage similar to what I had just two years before was $189.

I paid for this for two months between leaving a job to the next. In that time frame I paid more to ObamaCare than I would have for taking a hit for the entire year of not having health insurance.

And I did not use a healthcare provider for the entire year of 2015.

Obamacare is built on the principle that many are to pay more so some can pay less. It's that simple.

Our family policy with a $5K annual family deductible is nearly $2K per month. Similar coverage 10 years ago was about $700/Mo. Yes my wife and I are 10 years older which would have some impact on the premium. Most of the increase has been in the past 5-6 years when the "cost curve" was to be bent down according to our beloved leader.

Obamacare is built on the principle that many are to pay more so some can pay less. It's that simple.

Our family policy with a $5K annual family deductible is nearly $2K per month. Similar coverage 10 years ago was about $700/Mo. Yes my wife and I are 10 years older which would have some impact on the premium. Most of the increase has been in the past 5-6 years when the "cost curve" was to be bent down according to our beloved leader.

Surprisingly, it's based on the principal of making it more difficult for the 99% so the %1 can get free s$%#.

We all have our bad days.

was checking out updates from the acc meeting in Chicago this week and stumbled on this. it was written in 2013. from the comments, it seems a good many cardiologists were having bad days then. it's really not a specialty highly populated by bleeding heart liberals (pun intended). single payor is making sense to more and more non liberals. corporate medicine is not working for anyone but the corporate execs.

on a side note, i'd steer clients away from eli lilly right now. a study presented at the meeting caused them to abandon a cholesterol drug they had poured mega bucks into.

Edited by birdog1960

was checking out updates from the acc meeting in Chicago this week and stumbled on this. it was written in 2013. from the comments, it seems a good many cardiologists were having bad days then. it's really not a specialty highly populated by bleeding heart liberals (pun intended). single payor is making sense to more and more non liberals. corporate medicine is not working for anyone but the corporate execs.

Which was the whole point of Obamacare. !@#$ everything up so badly that people are screaming for single payor. Even me.

on a side note, i'd steer clients away from eli lilly right now. a study presented at the meeting caused them to abandon a cholesterol drug they had poured mega bucks into.

Which is what I said from the start: the ACA is so !@#$ed up that even socialized medicine looks good in comparison.