Disapointed with Marrone

The fact that he blames players for the terrible special team performance is super disapointing to me. Those more or less same guys were ranked 6th last year. I appreciate friendship but it should not come in the way of work performance. There is no question we need a better special team coach.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone is full of B.S.

We know that now.

I posted a thread earlier in week showing ST play ranked 8th overall last season, and 30th this season.

So much for accountability from Marrone. it's just not there.

The fact that he blames players for the terrible special team performance is super disapointing to me. Those more or less same guys were ranked 6th last year. I appreciate friendship but it should not come in the way of work performance. There is no question we need a better special team coach.

Crossman is a proven failure. When you consistently produce terrible results as a special teams coach....then you are a terrible special teams coach.

IMO his failures weren't subjective. Example: In the NE game he kicks a bunny to Blount.......gets scorched.......then does it AGAIN and gets scorched. That is either being stupid or just mailing it in. It's pouring rain.......you are climbing back into the game.....kick a bounding ball and make them field it.

Why on earth can't a professional special teams coach see the upside in making them field a bouncing wet football in that situation? :wallbash:

Play to win the game.

To your point about Marrone blaming the players......I agree with you.......obviously the players didn't make plays the same way as the D didn't make plays in run defense and the O didn't pass the ball well this year..........but when your coach is putting the OPPOSITION in the best situation to succeed that is going to have an effect on a unit that is all about effort.

Marrone can turn over the special teams players all he wants but if Crossman keeps coaching poorly the results aren't going to merit the investment that will be needed to be made.

Marrone is full of B.S.

We know that now.

I posted a thread earlier in week showing ST play ranked 8th overall last season, and 30th this season.

So much for accountability from Marrone. it's just not there.

So 2 more years of Marrone and we start over? Have to feel bad for the quality players that waist their career here

you are off your rocker! 1/2 1/2 blame in my oppinion. When the players cant tackle or block on every play than the issue is not just the coach.

The secret is making terrible threads complaining about things that have been discussed ad nauseam for weeks now.

You're doing great

You seem to just be insulting yourself here.

Crossman is a proven failure. When you consistently produce terrible results as a special teams coach....then you are a terrible special teams coach.

IMO his failures weren't subjective. Example: In the NE game he kicks a bunny to Blount.......gets scorched.......then does it AGAIN and gets scorched. That is either being stupid or just mailing it in. It's pouring rain.......you are climbing back into the game.....kick a bounding ball and make them field it.

Why on earth can't a professional special teams coach see the upside in making them field a bouncing wet football in that situation? :wallbash:

Play to win the game.

To your point about Marrone blaming the players......I agree with you.......obviously the players didn't make plays the same way as the D didn't make plays in run defense and the O didn't pass the ball well this year..........but when your coach is putting the OPPOSITION in the best situation to succeed that is going to have an effect on a unit that is all about effort.

Marrone can turn over the special teams players all he wants but if Crossman keeps coaching poorly the results aren't going to merit the investment that will be needed to be made.

From the O line, to the backup QB situation, to the ST coach, to letting Rodgers go while keeping Hogan, the OC always putting the game on the rookie QB's shoulders.

I have to say that when the OC Hackett stated he would run Spiller until he threw up, I was enthralled. I didn't realize it would be running straight up the middle over and over until I threw up.

When I read Marrone was "hands on" with the O line players I didn't realize that Andy Levitre's replacement & backup would grade as the very worst players in the NFL after 6 games, and then get cut.

I didn't ever think I'd see a 250 lb RB gash the Bills for 147 yards on two kick offs. The new Bills punter set records for stupidity against Cleveland "The Bills announced they released the punter after a disastrous game in which he allowed Cleveland Brown return man Travis Benjamin (who?) to set a single-game franchise record with 179 yards (good enough for 6th all time).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255310/article/shawn-powell-cut-after-disastrous-buffalo-bills-game

So yea, I'd say I'm disappointed with this new HC, and his OC, and his ST coach.

Should Bills fans casually dismiss this HC of his accountability for his errors like most did with Chan Gailey in his first year?

I agree, accountability starts with the ability to look at yourself in the mirror else it has no meaning.

I agree, accountability starts with the ability to look at yourself in the mirror else it has no meaning.

How many times does a coach need to say at the press conference.

" it starts with me. " for folks to get that he knows that.

Its basic math for even the most obtuse.

Just because a coach has a plan a clear vision and the strength to execute , does not mean adversity of all sorts may strike.

Is it possible some folks are shallow minded a tinch round here ?

Edited by 3rdand12

How many times does a coach need to say at the press conference.

" it starts with me. " for folks to get that he knows that.

Its basic math for even the most obtuse.

Just because a coach has a plan a clear vision and the strength to execute , does not mean adversity of all sorts may strike.

Is it possible some folks are shallow minded a tinch round here ?

Obvioulsy, the point in this thread is that action was warranted on Danny Crossman.

Directing all criticism to yourself is the first rule of management.........but holding your personnel/staff accountable for their failure is the fulfillment of that promise.

I am still not sure Crossman is completely safe. It's hard to believe that his performance was acceptable to Doug Whaley.

I don't think Crossman will be fired outright but when the coaches gather at the Senior Bowl maybe Marrone hires a new ST coach and Crossman gets demoted.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ