Trade Byrd and a 3rd for another 1st?

dayman

Example: Tag Byrd. Trade Byrd and a 3rd round pick to Pitt or Dallas for their middle 1st pick. Then take a good WR and TE (or OL) on the first night of the draft.

To me, this would be a good deal for the Bills (considering it looks like we will lose Byrd either way). Do you agree? Is this even something you think another team would go for?

Edited by SameOldBills

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the variables involved, I don't think anyone would complain about getting a 1st and 3rd for Byrd. It is TSW though...

i think what the poster is proposing is that in order to trade byrd for a 1st, we'd have to throw in a 3rd round pick. it just sounds a bit dirty, but i am in the camp of "i want byrd to be here for a while, i want the bills to make him filthy rich, but do whatever you have to do to make sure he doesn't walk for nothing".

the deal was Byrd and a 3rd for a 1st.

damn the bad luck! you got that in there as i was typing my post.

Example: Tag Byrd. Trade Byrd and a 3rd round pick to Pitt or Dallas for their middle 1st pick. Then take a good WR and TE (or OL) on the first night of the draft.

To me, this would be a good deal for the Bills (considering it looks like we will lose Byrd either way). Do you agree? Is this even something you think another team would go for?

teams dont part with the 1st round pick except for qbs

I want us to keep him, but the the year-end press conference made it seem less likely to me. Whaley said they would "make him a offer".... that sounds an awful lot like, we'll make him an offer, but we're not going to make him the highest paid safety in the league. I think Byrd rejects whatever offer is coming. I do hope we tag him and then we'll HAVE to trade him. I don't think it would go well if he was forced to play under the franchise tag again. If my assumptions are correct, then I wouldn't mind the OPs suggestion... Byrd plus our 3rd for a 1st. That seems like a good salvaging of the situation.... I'd certainly prefer that we were able to sign him though!

I'd trade turd and a third in a heartbeat if the first was at least a top twenty pick. I'm still bent over the plantar facilis fiasco and frankly I think Byrd hits like a broad.

I know it's just my opinion, but I think Byrd is a very good tackler. He might not be Steve Atwater in terms of knocking players out cold, but he has great technique and stops players with minimal or no YAC.

I know it's just my opinion, but I think Byrd is a very good tackler. He might not be Steve Atwater in terms of knocking players out cold, but he has great technique and stops players with minimal or no YAC.

not only that, but he seems to have good awareness as far as taking angles and also has popped a few balls free. all in all, byrd may not be the best athlete on the field every game, but he has great football intelligence and instincts. and it's not as if he is a bad athlete, he just doesn't get the gold in the underwear olympics.

I was trying to say that we would trade Byrd and our 3rd for a 1st.

Why am I the only one who understood you without you having to explain that?

The title says it all... Trade Byrd AND a 3rd, for a 1st. Simple. Maybe the confusion came with all the urrrr sounding words.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

It takes two to tangle but why not just sign him to a 3-4 yr deal?

What is the fascination with getting rid of the teams best players, how does that make the team better?

BTW, the Bills are in great shape salary wise why isn't there pressure from the fan base to retain him? I think there has been a long enough drought doing it the other way...try something new, just a thought. :wallbash: