Bills need to poop or get off the pot.

Bottom Line.....

Bills picked the wrong year to draft their QB.

Options are better this year then last.

I agree with that partially. The mistake was being set on taking a QB in the first round when they could have taken one later. I really liked Glennon last year and if they did wait to take one in another round they wouldn't be so locked in to EJ this year

Edited by Max997

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not accurate. Actually, they tried to resign RF, but he wouldn't. Buffalo wanted him as a starter to begin, but have him mentor Manuel.

The day we cut RF was the day we named our #1 QB pick the starter.

You are right he was drafted in 2012. He has been in the league two years. My point is the same that the expectation for EJ to immediately adapt to the pro game was too high of an expectation. It is still my view that it would be a mistake to draft a qb in the first round this year. With the rookie season behind him and an offseason to work on his game and hopefully a #1 receier added to the offense he should take a leap forward.

Adapt to the pro game? I'd be thrilled if he would be able to quit parking in the handicapped spot. I know, I know they where all "fluke" injuries.

I agree with that partially. The mistake was being set on taking a QB in the first round when they could have taken one later. I really liked Glennon last year and if they did wait to take one in another round they wouldn't be so locked in to EJ this year

Yea I agree. I guess what I was trying to say is that the QB situation in this year's draft is better...

I just hate the idea of trading up, even for a QB. It almost never works out. Given the Bills' track record, they should look to trade down--not up--every year.

I'm a major fan of trading down and obtaining more picks!

Its the only way to go!

I'm a major fan of trading down and obtaining more picks!

Its the only way to go!

I'm not intending this to be a shot at you at all; I hate the idea of trading down. IMO, the team is picking in the top 10 for a reason, so take a top 10 talent. If there's one thing that this team needs, it's top-tier talent.

I didn't want the team to trade down last year, and I'm glad it worked out...I don't like counting on everyone else passing on the guy I want after he's already fallen to me.

I wouldn't mind taking Bortles in the second round if he's there, and if It makes sense trade down in the first again and get two seconds. I'd love to grab either a big WR, TE with the QB with first three picks. Then in the third and forth go grab a G or ILB. Pick up depth 4-7 rounds and hopefully Whaley gets lucky with one of them.

I wish Marrone would demote Hackett to WR coach and pay 3 mil for Kubiak. That would be fantastic for EJ. If we had a passing game, our defense would rank towards the top of the NFL. We would have finished much higher than 10th. Run game is partially due to needing another ILB, but also as we pressured our defense all year with such pathetic passing game on offense.

I believe in Whaley, and would cement it for me if he resigns Byrd. We really need him.

http://espn.go.com/n...ading-no-1-pick

Looks like getting Johnny football is doable. Yes I can hear the wailing, rendering of hair and gashing of teeth from the ultra conservative posters who call for a 5 year plan."get a guard! a WR between 6 1 and 6 2! we may go to 7-9!"

He would bring a huge sense of anticipation and excitement to the Bills and yes sell tickets.

Is a same-o-same o CB, WR, TE draft going to do that? No.

But what if it backfires? So? This is entertainment, not war. No ones going to die if he didn't work out. But it sure would be a lot of fun in the mean time.

I would go 2 first's and 2 seconds

And when hell freezes over so would the Bills... ;)