Trent Edwards signs with Oakland

Beerball

I was in the Buffalo Airport waiting for my flight back to Orlando about 5 or 6 years ago when Trent Edwards was blasted in the back field by the Arizona Cardinals safety and he was never the same quarterback ever again. The Bills were got there first loss that day i think, and many more to follow after that.

I was in the Buffalo Airport waiting for my flight back to Orlando about 5 or 6 years ago when Trent Edwards was blasted in the back field by the Arizona Cardinals safety and he was never the same quarterback ever again. The Bills were got there first loss that day i think, and many more to follow after that.

Even if he was the same, it wasn't good. I will never let that hit be used as an excuse, and will contest it every time I see it posted. It's revisionist.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Even if he was the same, it wasn't good. I will never let that hit be used as an excuse, and will contest it every time I see it posted. It's revisionist.

That's right. He was already a relentless checkdown machine before he took that helmet to the chin.

It's not just a matter of getting more snaps for most QB's.......you can't cover up the weaknesses of a QB for very long........they MUST be corrected......or NFL DC's will identify them and turn you from Trent Edwards to Trend Downwards in a hurry.

That's right. He was already a relentless checkdown machine before he took that helmet to the chin.

It's not just a matter of getting more snaps for most QB's.......you can't cover up the weaknesses of a QB for very long........they MUST be corrected......or NFL DC's will identify them and turn you from Trent Edwards to Trend Downwards in a hurry.

You can be a great QB and not known as a deep ball QB. Montana and any other West Coast O QB relied heavily short and intermediate slants, drags, and zone flood rollouts. Edwards was looking very capable in a wide and conservative system. However, he was gunshy after multiple concussions between the Arizona and San Diego games.