Levitre

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching their last game with my buddy, since he is a Texans fan.

WOW! I am glad we didnt resign him. I know he does wonders when pulling and for the run game, but he was like a bad version of Legursky. I felt bad for Fitzy as he was just getting killed. He probably is upset he can never get away for Levitres pass blocking. Antonio Johnson abused him almost every down. There was a sequence of plays that ended up with Fitzy getting drilled and the ball going up like a punt. He is too small for this leagues better pass rushers.

Glad we didnt spend the big money and got Wood locked up instead.

I was watching their last game with my buddy, since he is a Texans fan.

WOW! I am glad we didnt resign him. I know he does wonders when pulling and for the run game, but he was like a bad version of Legursky. I felt bad for Fitzy as he was just getting killed. He probably is upset he can never get away for Levitres pass blocking. Antonio Johnson abused him almost every down. There was a sequence of plays that ended up with Fitzy getting drilled and the ball going up like a punt. He is too small for this leagues better pass rushers.

Glad we didnt spend the big money and got Wood locked up instead.

I mentioned this repeatedly in the Around the League Week 17 thread. Levitre was getting absolutely manhandled against Houston...got Fitzy nearly killed twice in four plays at one point.

As I said all off-season: $8M/year for that guy is insane.

I was hoping the Bills would be able to keep Levitre but wasnt upset when they didnt considering what he was paid

the problem I and most have is that they didnt get a legit replacement for him

Edited by Max997

Alex Marvez tweeted that Levitre is going to have hip surgery and that Buffal owas worried about his long term health when they let him go. Maybe we weren't crazy to avoid paying him all that money.,...

Kind of wondered if his long term health was a factor in that decision. It's one advantage the FO has knowledge of that we don't.

I was hoping the Bills would be able to keep Levitre but wasnt upset when they didnt considering what he was paid

Too bad we didn't pony up a little bit to keep Rhinehart. But I guess Rhinehart isn't losing too much sleep over it, relaxing in his beachfront condo in La Jolla, getting ready to play in the playoffs this weekend...

As I said all off-season: $8M/year for that guy is insane.

Agreed.

What's even more asinine, however, is that the Bills had no plan for replacing Levitre. They let Chad Reinhabfoshv walk and didn't draft an OL in the draft, instead drafting 2 safeties that barely even saw the field. There were talented players in the draft like Barrett Jones and Brian Schwenke that I was sure the bills would select in those middle rounds. But they did little to address the hole, and the play from that position is evident of that

Agreed.

What's even more asinine, however, is that the Bills had no plan for replacing Levitre. They let Chad Reinhabfoshv walk and didn't draft an OL in the draft, instead drafting 2 safeties that barely even saw the field. There were talented players in the draft like Barrett Jones and Brian Schwenke that I was sure the bills would select in those middle rounds. But they did little to address the hole, and the play from that position is evident of that

Indeed...I like Marrone, but his feelings regarind Brown & Legursky being able to play the position were off by a country mile. I get it though; Brown had previously acquitted himself nicely in spot duty, as had Legursky.

This is precisely where the "they should have signed Levitre" camp shifts once it becomes readily apparent that signing Levitre would NOT have been a prudent option.

So, okay, they didn't get a "legit replacement."

Can we take a second and think of all the off season acquisitions wherein a "legit replacement" was found?

Alan Branch

Kiko Alonso

Manny Lawson

Robert Woods

Justin Leonhard

Jerry Hughes

And last but not least: All three of the quarterbacks on our roster (one could argue the "legit" aspect, but regardless, we went from ZERO quarterbacks to four (if you count Kolb)). On what planet does a team go into training camp with ZERO quarterbacks back from the year prior?

Further, the criticism de jour--"the didn't get a legit replacement"--implies zero effort was made, and that's also not true.

The point is, the roster was gutted by 50% between 2012 and 2013, and many MANY great moves were made to solidify the team's core, yet LG just didn't pan out after we let the woefully overpaid Levitre find work elsewhere. Fine. Big deal. It's a LG, whoopity doo.

If you honestly expected the Bills to upgrade/refill every position of need in one offseason, then you're an optimist in a pessimist's clothing.

Edited by The Big Cat

This is precisely where the "they should have signed Levitre" camp shifts once it becomes readily apparent that signing Levitre would NOT have been a prudent option.

So, okay, they didn't get a "legit replacement."

Can we take a second and think of all the off season acquisitions wherein a "legit replacement" was found?

Alan Branch

Kiko Alonso

Manny Lawson

Robert Woods

Justin Leonhard

Jerry Hughes

And last but not least: All three of the quarterbacks on our roster (one could argue the "legit" aspect, but regardless, we went from ZERO quarterbacks to four (if you count Kolb)). On what planet does a team go into training camp with ZERO quarterbacks back from the year prior?

Further, the criticism de jour--"the didn't get a legit replacement"--implies zero effort was made, and that's also not true.

The point is, the roster was gutted by 50% between 2012 and 2013, and many MANY great moves were made to solidify the team's core, yet LG just didn't pan out after we let the woefully overpaid Levitre find work elsewhere. Fine. Big deal. It's a LG, whoopity doo.

If you honestly expected the Bills to upgrade/refill every position of need in one offseason, then you're an optimist in a pessimist's clothing.

Calling Brown or Legursky legit replacements for LG is laughable. Just like bringing the QBs into this discussion. Perhaps Bills wouldn't need to have a casting call for QBs in late August if they managed the QB position better at the outset.

Here's another narrative widely pushed attempting to demonstrate separation from the Nix years. How about of the 22-25 starters/players with significant PT from 2012, how many rolled over into 2013? I can think already of several who started and played significant minutes from one year to the next. SJ, CJ, FJ, Graham, Chandler, Wood, Urbik, Glenn, Pears. Mario, KW, Dareus, Gilmore, Byrd, AW, McKelvin. Not quite 50% turnover.

Over the past 8 seasons, the Bills have not built a roster, using the draft primarily to replace departed veterans. Perhaps that's changing, but we'll know if their direction changes if Byrd is retained. If not, another self-made hole needs to be filled.

Calling Brown or Legursky legit replacements for LG is laughable. Just like bringing the QBs into this discussion. Perhaps Bills wouldn't need to have a casting call for QBs in late August if they managed the QB position better at the outset.

Which members of the current regime managed Fitz/Thigpen?

Do you mean to continue the narrative that Tavaris Jackson belongs in the NFL?