What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On rare occasions like this morning, as a lock & dam operator... I actually get to play "dam operator!"

In anticpation of the deluge of rain, the canal was drawn down a couple feet and now here is the canal being filled back up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0DVXLnIIyA

Seagulls are loving it..Running dam! This is 20' of the 40' of total controlling works (dam) opening available. Stainless steel fish (Asian carp) screens are only installed on 2 (these) of the 4 sluice gates... LMAO... Go figure, must of ran out of money! :wallbash::wallbash: Not that it matters, this flow is going the other way. If the flow don't get them, the screens will... But, did any of these brainiacs account for a seagul or bald eagle grabbing fish and then flying over the dam and dropping it on the other side? :doh: Normally, we just open it a couple feet to aerate the canal/river. Storm never quite panned out with the amount of rain we were expecting... Only got bout a 1/2" w/this round of rain. Yet, we are @ about 7" for the month... That's 3" above average.

If anybody is wondering... We draw the canal down to minimize flooding, property damage, and sanitation/pollution control so the canal doesn't fill too much up and go back toward Lake Michigan. Not that it matters, The Lake is 2' higher over low water now. Big rain events can fill the canal/river up quickly where we can't draw it fast enough through Lockport, Illinois... That's the next lock down and a 40' drop. The Upper Illinois is already seeing too much water. Lock 6 (Starved Rock) and 5 (Marsailles) are partially underwater. Above Lock 4 (Dresden Island) the Kankakee River is backing up @ Kankakee & Wilmington, IL.

I set up 4 online dates now not sure how to juggle them. Heavier set girl whose kinda fun and somewhat sexy wants to marry me after two dates. Have 3 others to get to and need to manage my time without pissing anyone off too bad.

I've been invited to every Va Tech home game and family retreat by girl "a"

Went out and had some great cannelloni.

I set up 4 online dates now not sure how to juggle them. Heavier set girl whose kinda fun and somewhat sexy wants to marry me after two dates. Have 3 others to get to and need to manage my time without pissing anyone off too bad.

Pick one, man. Just not the one who's wanting to get married that quick. :lol:

Also, lifted hard.

I set up 4 online dates now not sure how to juggle them. Heavier set girl whose kinda fun and somewhat sexy wants to marry me after two dates.

Danger Will Robinson!!!!

Tell her flat out you want to date for at least a year before deciding on marriage, also mention the others you are dating. See how she reacts.

Danger Will Robinson!!!!

Tell her flat out you want to date for at least a year before deciding on marriage, also mention the others you are dating. See how she reacts.

I'm going off deep end by saying she wants to marry me. She definitely wants most of my free time though. Have two very hot prospects though that I feel I must at least get one date in with.

Today I cut 18 lawns and am ready for a nap.

Pulled me the trigger on a new 2015 X1... Fully loaded of course, Mineral Grey Metallic. Finally dumped the 10 year old Chrysler Family Truckster, original crossover: Pacifica. Was gonna get the fully loaded BMW X6, but I am a modest guy, don't wanna look too out of place in the ghetto. I am cheap too! ;-) Now I got something to match the '14 Cooper S. The odd man out in the "family fleet" is now the 10 year old Jeep... But the 17 year old son gets that.

Kinda of amazing how the classic Jeeps (2006 TJ Wrangler) retain their value. In 2006 I paid $23,500 on a 60th Anniversary Golden Eagle... It is still BlueBooked well over 10k... Retaining its value @ 50% on a 110,000 mile vehicle!! The Chrysler Pacifica (2006), Limited AWD, fully loaded to the gills was over 40k and only retained a value of 5k almost 10 years later. Had a little rust where the wife got a boo boo repaired years ago, but mechanically sound (outside of what I explain below... Ooops Chrysler!) Had new brakes, hoses, timing belt, etc... Would need its 4th set of tires soon though. That did have a ton of miles on it, under 200k though... But man what a beating in value over the same model year Jeep. Just goes to show, simple, tried and true hold value.

Chrysler were being douches anyway. They'd honor a 150k frame rot warranty on the 2004/2005 Pacificas in high salt areas and wouldn't honor my 2006 which clearly was made with 2005 parts, IN 2005... Same freaking engine cradle/frame (2-3000 job when replacing w/new)... It was time to weld it up and say goodbye to the Chrysler Line (except for Jeep). Whoever heard of a modern vehicle frame rotting out in 9 years? Maybe that's one of the reasons Chrysler canned the CS (soley Pacifica) Platform in 2008? Otherwise, it was a great vehicle. Nicknamed it: "The Whale." Hated to get rid of it, but it was time. It was a ticking timebomb when she set sail.

Hope BMW/MINI last as long... LMAO... ?? Yeah right, I am dumping those birds when the warranties poop out. I am getting to old to be messing around. ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• 4 months later...