Bills 2013 end of season Awards

YoloinOhio

Yolo's thoughts...

Coach of the Year: Donnie Henderson

Most Improved Player: Aaron Williams

MVP, Offense: Fred Jackson

MVP, Defense: Mario Williams (honorable mention to Kyle Williams)

MVP, Special Teams: Dan Carpenter

Rookie of the Year: Kiko Alonso

Most disappointing player: Stevie Johnson

Unsung hero: Cordy Glenn

Most exciting Game of the Year: Carolina, Week 2

Most disappointing Game of the Year: Atlanta, Week 12

Best overall Game of the Year: Jets, Week 10

Worst overall Game of the Year: Tampa, Week 13

Best play: EJ to Stevie for the game-winning TD vs. Carolina, Week 2

Honorable mention: Mario’s strip sack to secure the first win against Miami

Worst play: No-brainer. Jeff Tuel’s 99-yard pick-6 in the endzone vs. KC, Week 9

Honorable mention: Stevie’s fumble on the would-be game winning drive vs. Atlanta, week 12

Best moment: EJ kneeling down at The Ralph and crying at the end of the Carolina game

Worst moment: Matt Bryant’s FG sailing through the uprights to end the Atlanta game… symbolizing another year without playoffs (even though not technically, we all knew)

Defining moment of 2013 season: With the Bills at 2-2 and leading the Browns in the 1st half on the road on TNF, EJ runs for the first down, and instead of going out of bounds, tries to get extra yards and gets hit in the knee by TJ Ward. Misses the rest of the game (loss) plus the next 4 games (3 losses) with sprained LCL, and comes back rusty in Week 9 against the Steelers (loss).

Dude, this is awesome! Great job.

I think you were spot on on just about everything.

The only thing I would quibble over is the "worst overall game of the year." There are so many to choose from, but I think the candidates are Atlanta, TB, and Pitt games. My vote would go to Pitt game-- it was a critical game, and they seemed like they didn't even try to win.

Dude, this is awesome! Great job.

I think you were spot on on just about everything.

The only thing I would quibble over is the "worst overall game of the year." There are so many to choose from, but I think the candidates are Atlanta, TB, and Pitt games. My vote would go to Pitt game-- it was a critical game, and they seemed like they didn't even try to win.

Yep - my criteria for "best" and "worst" game were how the team performed overall. In the Jets game 2 for example, both the offense and defense played great at the same time (except the run game). The Pitt game was bad but I thought the Tampa game was worse because in Pitt they were playing in extreme wind, it was EJ's first game back, and I consider Heinz Field a tougher venue than Tampa's. In Tampa, they were also still in the playoff hunt so it was also a critical game to win, but no excuses for EJ that time and they had perfect weather, not to mention the defense laid an egg in the first half and they were playing a rookie QB vs. a 2-time SB winning QB like in Pitt. In the ATL, at least the offense played well (except for the 2 fumbles). Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Nicely done. :thumbsup:

The only thing I would have different is the most disappointing game. For me the KC game was the worst. Up against the only undefeated team left.....with our 4th string QB....and we were smashing them in every area. It really looked like the turning point for us.....and then the pick 6. :cry:

Yolo's thoughts...

Coach of the Year: Mike Pettine

Most Improved Player: Leodis McKelvin

MVP, Defense: Mario Williams

Most disappointing player: EJ Manuel

Most exciting Game of the Year: Carolina

Most disappointing Game of the Year: Pittsburg Steelers

Worst overall Game of the Year: Tampa Bay Bay Bucaneers

Best play: Any of the bombs to Goodwin for TD's

Worst play: No-brainer. Jeff Tuel’s 99-yard pick-6 in the endzone vs. KC, Week 9

Honorable mention: Browns Special team touchdown

Best moment: EJ kneeling down at The Ralph and crying at the end of the Carolina game

Worst moment: Matt Bryant’s FG sailing through the uprights to end the Atlanta game… symbolizing another year without playoffs (even though not technically, we all knew)

Defining moment of 2013 season: With the Bills at 2-2 and leading the Browns in the 1st half on the road on TNF, EJ runs for the first down, and instead of going out of bounds, tries to get extra yards and gets hit in the knee by TJ Ward. Misses the rest of the game (loss) plus the next 4 games (3 losses) with sprained LCL, and comes back rusty in Week 9 against the Steelers (loss).

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yolo's thoughts...

Honorable mention: Stevie’s fumble on the would-be game winning drive vs. Atlanta, week 12

Excellent job! Would not disagree with any of it.

Yolo's thoughts...

Great job Yolo!! I agree with just about everything. I am glad that you recognized the job that Donnie Henderson did this year. He really elevated a few guys.

Nicely done. :thumbsup:

The only thing I would have different is the most disappointing game. For me the KC game was the worst. Up against the only undefeated team left.....with our 4th string QB....and we were smashing them in every area. It really looked like the turning point for us.....and then the pick 6. :cry:

I think i just had higher expectations for the ATL game than I did for the KC game with Tuel starting, so I was more "disappointed" when we didn't win that one. KC was certainly disappointing in its own right considering how well the D played and the offense as well, except for the TOs.

Good call on Leodis... I should have probably at least gave him an Honorable Mention and only reason I didn't was because part of his role on this team is as a PR and I think he regressed this year in that respect. Granted I blame Crossman and the ST unit more than anything for him not getting any big returns or TDs (poor blocking, penalties) but he also fumbled and bobbled way too much this year back there. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Great job Yolo!! I agree with just about everything. I am glad that you recognized the job that Donnie Henderson did this year. He really elevated a few guys.

I'd have to give Most Improved to Leodis McKelvin.... loving what Aaron Williams did as well though. McKelvin was a high 1st round pick that never started in his own right at CB. We had all given up on him. He was realistically primarily brought back because of PR skills. Maybe he could be a 3rd corner?!? And then he turns into arguably a Pro Bowl Shutdown NFL Cornerback!! I think that if there are Pro Bowl injury replacements at the position he stands a great chance of being added to the squad. WELL DONE!!

Edited by cage

where i differ from OP

Most Improved Player is Leodis McKelvin.......(runner up Cordy Glenn)

Coach of Year is Pettine.....(runner up Henderson)

Most disappointing is EJ Manuel.....(was not expecting the 29th ranked passer rating) runner up whoever played LG.

Agree all the way around with the OP.

Wonder if the season would have ended different if EJ didn't get injured against the Browns...

That unknown in itself is maybe the most disappointing thing, in a year where a playoff spot was still up for grabs on the final day.

I think Kiko's INT to seal the Baltimore game competes as a play of the year.

It sure does... I was about to put that as the play of the year and could not decide. Should have done offensive/defensive play of the year to break it up! Also, Mario's play was on the road against a division rival, which made me choose that. Edited by YoloInTheBlo