Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of posters who really added value around here no longer post.

I think like me the constant drumbeat of negativity drives away traffic.

To put our participation here in context, there are about 700 pages of members with 20 members to a page.

So roughly 14,000 people have registered to this site over the years.

This is funny, because when someone mentioned the 5,000 word posts hplarrm was the first moniker that popped into my head.

He was also yvel varm, dik smub (marv levy and bum's kid, respectively). Barry brady was a reference to Barry Williams (the actor who played greg brady). I never figured out pyrite gal, his other moniker.

Lots of posters who really added value around here no longer post.

I think like me the constant drumbeat of negativity drives away traffic.

To put our participation here in context, there are about 700 pages of members with 20 members to a page.

So roughly 14,000 people have registered to this site over the years.

I think the constant losing has brought out the worst in some people.

When the team was winning you could post some thoughts and have a discussion about it.

It didn't always go well, but it wasn't a thread with a bunch of shout downs and shame downs.

If you have a positive take...........it is followed by a bunch of negative takes about the team.

If you have a negative take...........it is followed by PERSONAL attacks and demands that the topic not be discussed.

Bottom line.......it's a bad team and a bad organization and has been for a long time.

There is no rational defense at this point...........so defending them has become a study in the irrational.

If people talked to each other like they were at a tailgate party instead sorrow driven internet d-bags then I am *pretty* sure those people would be posting still.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

I think the constant losing has brought out the worst in some people.

When the team was winning you could post some thoughts and have a discussion about it.

It didn't always go well, but it wasn't a thread with a bunch of shout downs and shame downs.

If you have a positive take...........it is followed by a bunch of negative takes about the team.

If you have a negative take...........it is followed by PERSONAL attacks and demands that the topic not be discussed.

Bottom line.......it's a bad team and a bad organization and has been for a long time.

There is no rational defense at this point...........so defending them has become a study in the irrational.

If people talked to each other like they were at a tailgate party instead sorrow driven internet d-bags then I am *pretty* sure those people would be posting still.

I think much of the backlash to which you refer comes in how the opinion is presented. The apple-polishers profess that the team can do no wrong, while the doom-and-gloomers fervently condemn everything the team does.

It's been my observation that an even-keeled presentation of ideas solicits, mostly, reasoned discussion. It's the extremist verbiage that gets the backlash.

The apple-polishers profess that the team can do no wrong, while the doom-and-gloomers fervently condemn everything the team does.

It's never that black and white though, is it?

Seems like if a poster has a positive take on any specific thing OBD does they are labeled an "apologist" and if a poster bashes OBD for a specific move they are labeled a "hater". The concept a single poster being able to objectively applaud one move while criticizing another has been lost. It's a shame.

He was also yvel varm, dik smub (marv levy and bum's kid, respectively). Barry brady was a reference to Barry Williams (the actor who played greg brady). I never figured out pyrite gal, his other moniker.

Take off on Sunshine Boys when Levy came back - fool's gold. What's the rubric for hplarmm?

Missed

Lori

BiB

Village Idiot

Dan Gross

Crap Throwing Monkey

LA's Dinner on Me

I think much of the backlash to which you refer comes in how the opinion is presented. The apple-polishers profess that the team can do no wrong, while the doom-and-gloomers fervently condemn everything the team does.

It's been my observation that an even-keeled presentation of ideas solicits, mostly, reasoned discussion. It's the extremist verbiage that gets the backlash.

I am sorry but you are simply wrong on this matter.

If it is not personal, then it shouldn't be made personal whether you like the verbiage or not.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

I go back to the D & C message board days (of which this site was born) and Bob Lamb deserves a hat tip, along with Scott, for creating this site. Bob helped me out back in '99 in getting a version of Shout! on CD (high tech back then). He was a great source on Bills history and alawys kept his posts informative and classy.

It's never that black and white though, is it?

Seems like if a poster has a positive take on any specific thing OBD does they are labeled an "apologist" and if a poster bashes OBD for a specific move they are labeled a "hater". The concept a single poster being able to objectively applaud one move while criticizing another has been lost. It's a shame.

Yes, that's also part of the problem.

I am sorry but you are simply wrong on this matter.

If it is not personal, then it shouldn't be made personal whether you like the verbiage or not.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

I never said it should be made personal, so I'm not sure where you got that idea. What I said was that there is absolutely a way to evoke reasonable discussion by framing your POV in a non-confrontational manner; most of the time this isn't done. The posts, positive or negative, are overly emotional and extreme, which elicits the exact response you're unhappy with.