Marcell Dareus benched for 1st qr. for habitual lateness

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck is wrong with Dareus? If he wants a trade , now is the perfect time with him making the pro bowl. Goes for Byrd also.

They should fine him big time from now on if he is 1 second late

Actually, I think the players union has won in negotiations that coaches cannot fine players for those kinds of offenses. So, instead, Marrone benches Darius to punish the fans. Marrone thinks he is coaching college here, he is out of his element. These guys are pro's, if that takes handling, it appears Marrone is not up to that. Anyhow, after this dustup, I am guessing that Marcell (still have one year left on his rookie contract, I think) will want out if Marrone is still here. Yeh, that is how decisions get made...the money is likely almost the same everywhere....so who do you want to play for. Not so sure Marrone isn't the second coming of the delusional Gregg Williams in his approach here. If the players don't like you ......he is cooked as HC! But, not a surprise for a team that is "0 for the century" in terms of playoffs. (attribution for that line to the Boston Herald)

yeah and he may be a top tier defensive player that has a great season; and be much better than Dareus-- OH WAIT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Stop alienating our top talent Marone...wtf.Hates Spiller. Hates Steve. Hates Dareus. Cool.

And you know what? All those guys come up small when you need them. Bills just lost a game by 14 points to a bunch of nobodies who buy into a system. Screw Dareus, CJ and Stevie. I like their individual attributes, but they suck when the game is on the line.

Actually, I think the players union has won in negotiations that coaches cannot fine players for those kinds of offenses. So, instead, Marrone benches Darius to punish the fans. Marrone thinks he is coaching college here, he is out of his element. These guys are pro's, if that takes handling, it appears Marrone is not up to that. Anyhow, after this dustup, I am guessing that Marcell (still have one year left on his rookie contract, I think) will want out if Marrone is still here. Yeh, that is how decisions get made...the money is likely almost the same everywhere....so who do you want to play for. Not so sure Marrone isn't the second coming of the delusional Gregg Williams in his approach here. If the players don't like you ......he is cooked as HC! But, not a surprise for a team that is "0 for the century" in terms of playoffs. (attribution for that line to the Boston Herald)

Which is why the Pro-Bowlers like Kyle and Mario need to hold him accountable. Marrone holding him out gives them a venue to pin the loss on him.

Difference being, Greggo alienated proven pro players , while Marrone is alienating college stars who haven't quite picked up the NFL yet.

Actually, I think the players union has won in negotiations that coaches cannot fine players for those kinds of offenses. So, instead, Marrone benches Darius to punish the fans. Marrone thinks he is coaching college here, he is out of his element. These guys are pro's, if that takes handling, it appears Marrone is not up to that. Anyhow, after this dustup, I am guessing that Marcell (still have one year left on his rookie contract, I think) will want out if Marrone is still here. Yeh, that is how decisions get made...the money is likely almost the same everywhere....so who do you want to play for. Not so sure Marrone isn't the second coming of the delusional Gregg Williams in his approach here. If the players don't like you ......he is cooked as HC!

I'm not so sure the players have to like you. But they have to believe in you. And I agree....if Marcell is habitually late and it got to a point of benching him, that's really on his coaches (and a little bit on his peers) to let the situation build to the point where they saw that as the best alternative.

I would see if you could flip him for a 3rd. He never really struck me as a professional, but a little boy being forced to play football. A Super Bowl team wouldn't tolerate a player like this. And, remember, he plays for Pettine first and I haven't really heard anything but good things about him. Again, flip him for a 3rd and consider yourself lucky.

I would see if you could flip him for a 3rd. He never really struck me as a professional, but a little boy being forced to play football. A Super Bowl team wouldn't tolerate a player like this. And, remember, he plays for Pettine first and I haven't really heard anything but good things about him. Again, flip him for a 3rd and consider yourself lucky.

A third for MD is terrible, look at the advanced stats.

Plenty of Super Bowl teams have tolerated worse. Dareus has been a dummy but he has also been a force. He needs to be pointed in the right direction, not traded for pennies on the dollar.

Which is why the Pro-Bowlers like Kyle and Mario need to hold him accountable. Marrone holding him out gives them a venue to pin the loss on him.

Exactly. This episode suggests a lack of leadership, on the D at least if not the whole team. If Mario and Kyle showed up at his door 45 minutes before meeting a few times, that would send a message stronger than the coach is able.

kj

And you know what? All those guys come up small when you need them. Bills just lost a game by 14 points to a bunch of nobodies who buy into a system. Screw Dareus, CJ and Stevie. I like their individual attributes, but they suck when the game is on the line.

I dunno man. If we start subtracting now....maybe we can make the playoffs in 13 more years.

I think in this case Marrone is guilty of trying to get the kid to stop crying by spanking him harder..... Doesn't work.

I don't know what the root of the problem is with Darius's lateness. But whatever it is needs to be dealt with at the root.

Otherwise it is just two Alpha Males banging heads which will ultimately lead to a bloody fist fight which does not benefit the team in any way.

The fault ultimately lies with MD because he is the idiot who is not towing the line. But I think it is safe to say he does not respond well to this form of punishment.