U.S. teens smoke more marijuana, but back off other drugs -survey

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Once again the most powerful argument for pot are the idiots arguing against it...

present to everyone a list of role models who use pot. I will present a list of role models who don't.

I'll even help.

Your list:

Bla

Bla

Bla

My list:

Everyone else

Again? Why is pot so special that it needs to b legalized for medical purposes? In could get you off you ass high as balls with half a dozen plants at Lowes tomorrow. Or kill you with the same. Or make you feel better. Or flavor your food. Etc

Spare me the WR Hearst ****. I am fine with legalizing it. And fine with everyone and the mother smoking it. But I am tired of the medical bull **** people try to prop it up with saying it is better then Rx drugs.

Again. This will go over your head. You're too much a simpleton to know what real herbs and vegetation the earth provides and too wrapped up in the big marijuana push to know the truth. Marijuana aint nothing special. Now go chew on some nandina then wash it down with a big leaf of fox glow.

present to everyone a list of role models who use pot. I will present a list of role models who don't.

I'll even help.

Your list:

Bla

Bla

Bla

My list:

Everyone else

Again? Why is pot so special that it needs to b legalized for medical purposes? In could get you off you ass high as balls with half a dozen plants at Lowes tomorrow. Or kill you with the same. Or make you feel better. Or flavor your food. Etc

Spare me the WR Hearst ****. I am fine with legalizing it. And fine with everyone and the mother smoking it. But I am tired of the medical bull **** people try to prop it up with saying it is better then Rx drugs.

Again. This will go over your head. You're too much a simpleton to know what real herbs and vegetation the earth provides and too wrapped up in the big marijuana push to know the truth. Marijuana aint nothing special. Now go chew on some nandina then wash it down with a big leaf of fox glow.

Nothing special? But...it...it has electrolytes!

u suck for pointing it out

I am still waiting for your list...

While you're pondering, why are we not researching hops? I mean, big alcohol is taking all of the hops to make beer. Those bastards! Don't they know how great of a sedative it is without brewing it!? Why is no one researching lemon balm? Catnip? Sage? Valerian?

Start here pleb...

Valerian

Valerian has been used as a medicinal herb since at least the time of ancient Greece and Rome. Hippocrates described its properties, and Galen later prescribed it as a remedy for insomnia. In medieval Sweden, it was sometimes placed in the wedding clothes of the groom to ward off the "envy" of the elves.[2] In the sixteenth century the Anabaptist reformer Pilgram Marpeck prescribed valerian tea for a sick woman.[3]

So, it's just as old as marijuana...

Biochemical composition

Known compounds detected in valerian that may contribute to its method of action are:

It has a whole lot of neat fancy words that back it up to make it sound really powerful!

Because of valerian's historical use as a sedative, anticonvulsant, migraine treatment and pain reliever, most basic science research has been directed at the interaction of valerian constituents with the GABA neurotransmitter receptor system. Many studies remain inconclusive and all require clinical validation. The mechanism of action of valerian in general, and as a mild sedative in particular has not been fully elucidated, but it is generally believed that some of the GABA-analogs particularly valerenic acids as components of the essential oil along with other semi-volatile sesquiterpenoids appear to have some affinity for the GABAA receptor, a class of receptors on which benzodiazepines are known to act.[13][14] Valeric acid, which is responsible for the typical odor of mostly older valerian roots, does not have any sedative properties.

Valerian also contains isovaltrate, which has been shown to be an inverse agonist for adenosine A1 receptor sites.[15] This action likely does not contribute to the herb's sedative effects, which would be expected from an agonist, rather than an inverse agonist, at this particular binding site. Hydrophilic extractions of the herb commonly sold over-the-counter, however, probably do not contain significant amounts of isovaltrate (according to the paper cited previously).

Holy ****, it treats the same things these idiots pushing pharmaceutical marijuana treat.

Valerian is most often used to treat insomnia. It can be considered an alternative treatment instead of hypnotic drugs. It is also sometimes used as an alternative for sedatives, such as benzodiazepines in the treatment of certain anxiety disorders.[18][19][20][21]

Whether or not valerian is an efficacious treatment for insomnia is still a very open question. Multiple recent systematic reviews of the medical research literature and meta-analyses have produced conflicting conclusions regarding the efficacy of the substance. One systematic review and meta-analysis published in 2006 in the American Journal of Medicine concluded that, "The available evidence suggests that valerian might improve sleep quality without producing side effects."[22] However, another systematic review, published in 2007 in the journal Sleep Medicine Review, concluded that valerian was safe but not clinically efficacious for insomnia.[23]

In the United States, valerian is sold as a nutritional supplement. Therapeutic use has increased as dietary supplements have gained in popularity, especially after the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act was passed in 1994. This law allowed the distribution of many agents as over-the-counter supplements, and therefore allowed them to bypass the regulatory requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

In addition to being used for the treatment of insomnia and other sleep disorders, valerian has also been used to treat anxiety and gastrointestinal pain caused by irritable bowel syndrome.[citation needed] It has also been used in alternative medicine to treat symptoms such as nervous tension, excitability, and stress, as well as intestinal colic or cramps[18] and as a muscle relaxant.

Wait, it's not for sure, 100%... isn't that just like marijuana? I mean, I could make a lot of neat claims but that'd mean nothing. OK, so we still need to do research on this stuff? Why isn't anyone doing that?!

Oh wait, I know why. A bunch of potheads are preaching that it needs to be legalized for medicinal purposes because they are too damn pathetic to just say they have nothing else better to want for in life but legalizing weed.

Your move...

Like in fertilizer. I thought you were a farmer?

I use to be a farmer, now I am a pilot. Like whats in the toilet.

I am still waiting for your list...

I'll help him out. George Washington. Martha was a hip, hip, hip lady.

9% drop in fatalities is !@#$ing fantastic

What would that percentage drop be if they weren't drunk or stoned? You're argument only makes sense because you're stoned.

I'll help him out. George Washington. Martha was a hip, hip, hip lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH__GUg1EwY

What would that percentage drop be if they weren't drunk or stoned? You're argument only makes sense because you're stoned.

I understand where your coming

Myself personally, Its about which drug is the more dangerous to our society, or driving under the influence.

If you took tobacco, alcohol,(both legal) and marijuana and went about determining which is the most dangerous to our health and society as a whole, Pot is by far the least dangerous of the 3, and its not even close.

So what I'm saying Chef , pot is the lesser of the two evils, and generally speaking, potheads (as some of you call us) are not very big drinkers.

Edited by dog14787

I understand where your coming

Myself personally, Its about which drug is the more dangerous to our society, or driving under the influence.

If you took tobacco, alcohol,(both legal) and marijuana and went about determining which is the most dangerous to our health and society as a whole, Pot is by far the least dangerous of the 3, and its not even close.

So what I'm saying Chef , pot is the lesser of the two evils, and generally speaking, potheads (as some of you call us) are not very big drinkers.

So because it's a lesser evil than drinking and smoking tobacco we should legalize it. That is fantastic logic.........for a stoner.

So because it's a lesser evil than drinking and smoking tobacco we should legalize it. That is fantastic logic.........for a stoner.

again, I see your point, why allow another mind altering drug to become legalized,

but the thing is, legal or not, its not going away. So why not help our economy with all the jobs it would create. Why not get the pot sales out of the hands of some of the drug dealers that would just as soon sell our kids, crack or heroin and make even more money.

The main way pot becomes a gateway drug is from the source of where its purchased.

again, I see your point, why allow another mind altering drug to become legalized,

but the thing is, legal or not, its not going away. So why not help our economy with all the jobs it would create. Why not get the pot sales out of the hands of some of the drug dealers that would just as soon sell our kids, crack or heroin and make even more money.

The main way pot becomes a gateway drug is from the source of where its purchased.

This is the first sensible post I've seen on the subject since...ever.

So you're ok with more people under the influence on the roads, operating machinery all for the sake of creating jobs?

And you'd rather have dealers that are now selling weed to move on and push crack, coke and heroin??

So you're ok with more people under the influence on the roads, operating machinery all for the sake of creating jobs?

And you'd rather have dealers that are now selling weed to move on and push crack, coke and heroin??

no, not at all,

What makes you think responsible adults can't use marijuana for recreation (only), as a way to unwind after a hard days work like you would having a glass of wine or brewski.

As far as pot dealers moving on to crack or heroin, many of them already have,making it readily available for our younger generation.

Pretty sure dealers would go out of business if it was legal. That's why drug enforcement people hate the idea of legalization, it would put them out of a job too

Pretty sure dealers would go out of business if it was legal. That's why drug enforcement people hate the idea of legalization, it would put them out of a job too

Yeah, they're just going to call it quits, retire, farm a little bit, maybe read some books. You're a fool if you think legalizing pot is going to put these people out of business.

OK so legalizing it sure. At least you have moved closer to your actual motive. But why are we so transfixed on pot? There are just as many other natural items out there that are just as effective.

Pushing pot for alterior motives is not working. The stoners that want to smoke pot need to just say that's what they want. People would not be so up in arms.