U.S. teens smoke more marijuana, but back off other drugs -survey

Not in this context, you said that the gateway was legality. Scripts are legal. I contest that the gateway is the feeling you get

In the hundreds of drug addicts I've worked with I have yet to find one that says their addiction had anything to do with it being illegal. It's the same thing every time- they liked the feeling it gave them and they wanted to escape for a "little while"

Interesting... I was thinking that exact same thing trying to see your side of the argument.

So alcohol doesn't quite give that feeling of "exploration?"

I agree that it is the feeling. You like the feeling one thing gave you, and you have resources and availability to try something else, you just might and could be more apt too.

But that is also a compulsive nature too. Like alcoholics... Can't just stop @ 2 beers.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... I was thinking that exact same thing trying to see your side of the argument.

So alcohol doesn't quite give that feeling of "exploration?"

But that is also a compulsive nature too. Like alcoholics... Can't just stop @ 2 beers.

Still failing to realize why you think I seperate alcohol and drugs. They both activate the same mechanism for addicts/alcoholics. There is no difference other than substance.

Just so you know I'm not against weed or those that smoke it. I just think it's ignorant to ignore the harm it can do. I think weed should be legal, but don't tell me it's not a gateway drug.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Still failing to realize why you think I seperate alcohol and drugs. They both activate the same mechanism for addicts/alcoholics. There is no difference other than substance.

Because one is legal and one isn't. The legality is an important issue and should be discussed w/within the argument.

Yes. It is going to happen anyway, legal or not, BUT not for everyone and the culture surrounding can weaken the numbers of people that feel the need to branch up. That's what the OP's link may be getting @.

The culture is changing how we view weed. There is still going to be addicts and people who move up... Who cares? The numbers can be lowered w/the culture change and how weed is viewed.

The gateway argument is silly when deciding if weed should be legal or not. That is what I am getting @. It doesn't matter if it is a gateway or not, what isn't to a compulsive person?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Because one is legal and one isn't. The legality is an important issue and should be discussed w/within the argument.

Yes. It is going to happen anyway, legal or not, BUT not for everyone and the culture surrounding can weaken the numbers of people that feel the need to branch up. That's what the OP's link may be getting @.

The culture is changing how we view weed. There is still going to be addicts and people who move up... Who cares? The numbers can be lowered w/the culture change and how weed is viewed.

The gateway argument is silly when deciding if weed should be legal or not. That is what I am getting @. It doesn't matter if it is a gateway or not, what isn't to a compulsive person?

I think you'd be surprised on my views of weed. In fact my views on the legality of drugs in general is pretty liberal, my argument isn't whether or not I think weed should be legal or not, it's whether it's harmful and a gateway. The answers are yes to both of those things. Is it more harmful than alcohol? No, not in my opinion. But is it harmful? Yes.

Hasn't anyone seen what has happened in the state of Washington? DUI up huge for weed.

http://www.leyba-defense.com/statistics-show-more-people-are-driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana-in-washington-state/

In my opinion, making weed legal is bad,even though I like it. Reason being is when it would be legalized, driving under it will not be.

I think making it legal reduces the number of small weed arrests. I think it increases reasonable doubt on every single traffic stop. I think it will increase traffic stops.

I think there will be a law of unitended consequences and it will actually work quite the opposite and our rights will be more easily violated because ot it.

You can drink 2 beers at a bar and drive home. You can hang out at a weed bar or whereever, you will still be high when you are driving.

Leave it illegal, for the most part the cops leave you alone as it is.

I think you'd be surprised on my views of weed. In fact my views on the legality of drugs in general is pretty liberal, my argument isn't whether or not I think weed should be legal or not, it's whether it's harmful and a gateway. The answers are yes to both of those things. Is it more harmful than alcohol? No, not in my opinion. But is it harmful? Yes.

I agree! I think it can be lessened as a gateway and that whole argument can be striped out the reasons to make/keep it illegal... That is all I am saying.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

:lol:

and this is funny why? Smoking 3 joints on Sunday is no worse then drinking 3 beers? Yeah... Get out of the basement and get off the weed. Its not very becoming and you still won't be able to respond in coherence...

No it isn't.

explain how drinking a few beers a week is worse then joints. People who smoke weed are pathetically jaded to think its great as paper, rope, William hearst did it in, etc.

Breathing in any thing lit on fire = not smart. And weed is much more potent now then it was in the past

I fine with legalizing it but potheads are pathetic scum and get no respect from me.

You can several beers over a period of time, and not be drunk. You smoke weed, and you you ARE high.

I like both (and I typically drink many more than just several beers, I like the drunk feeling too)!

and with proper mediation either are not horrible. T/ry drivingnaftefr 3 beers. Not hard. Try 3 joints and yOu will be impaired Edited by jboyst62

and this is funny why? Smoking 3 joints on Sunday is no worse then drinking 3 beers? Yeah... Get out of the basement and get off the weed. Its not very becoming and you still won't be able to respond in coherence...

explain how drinking a few beers a week is worse then joints. People who smoke weed are pathetically jaded to think its great as paper, rope, William hearst did it in, etc.

Breathing in any thing lit on fire = not smart. And weed is much more potent now then it was in the past

I fine with legalizing it but potheads are pathetic scum and get no respect from me.

and with proper mediation either are not horrible. T/ry drivingnaftefr 3 beers. Not hard. Try 3 joints and yOu will be impaired

http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/02/why-medical-marijuana-laws-reduce-traffic-deaths/

you're are a retard and you're are about as dumb as they come. You defend its safer to smoke weed by saying that states that have legalized weed have less drunk driving. What does that matter? Pot !@#$s you up a lot more then alcohol. Drinking in excess is different. If you smoked 200 joints or 4 you're still going to be the same level. If you drink 4 beers you're still able to drive and function if you have any ability to handle a drop of beer. You could do 4 shots if you have good tolerance and be fine, just delayed.

In short, yore a moron who can't understand that alcohol is lesser an evil then pot. And I mean in moderation. I am not going to say that a 12 pack a day is better then 12 joints because if it really matters that much to someone they should just go ahead and an hero.

you're are a retard and you're are about as dumb as they come. You defend its safer to smoke weed by saying that states that have legalized weed have less drunk driving. What does that matter? Pot !@#$s you up a lot more then alcohol. Drinking in excess is different. If you smoked 200 joints or 4 you're still going to be the same level. If you drink 4 beers you're still able to drive and function if you have any ability to handle a drop of beer. You could do 4 shots if you have good tolerance and be fine, just delayed.

In short, yore a moron who can't understand that alcohol is lesser an evil then pot. And I mean in moderation. I am not going to say that a 12 pack a day is better then 12 joints because if it really matters that much to someone they should just go ahead and an hero.

Do you think spewing absolute garbage and insults makes you right?

You tried to make a driving /impairment comparison between Beer and Pot and I gave you statistics that shows your comparison is bogus. You don't even have the decency/courtesy to admit when you are wrong and seem to think rants and raving is going to cover it all up. Anyone that smokes pot and drinks alcohol knows alcohol impairs you more.

So go milk a cow and stop talking out your ass :thumbdown:

Your pot-smoking stoner ass can't even use the internet without looking like a complete idiot. You think you're okay to drive?

you ever have anything useful to add to a discussion besides throwing insults?

Do you think spewing absolute garbage and insults makes you right?

You tried to make a driving /impairment comparison between Beer and Pot and I gave you statistics that shows your comparison is bogus. You don't even have the decency/courtesy to admit when you are wrong and seem to think rants and raving is going to cover it all up. Anyone that smokes pot and drinks alcohol knows alcohol impairs you more.

So go milk a cow and stop talking out your ass :thumbdown:

you ever have anything useful to add to a discussion besides throwing insults?

go back to the shout box and talk to yourself. At least you'll find someone who might agree with you.

Your stats mean **** just like what you leave in the lawn. Those stats do not reflect anything to what you are saying.

I hope you're neutered. The world doesn't need more of you

go back to the shout box and talk to yourself. At least you'll find someone who might agree with you.

Your stats mean **** just like what you leave in the lawn. Those stats do not reflect anything to what you are saying.

I hope you're neutered. The world doesn't need more of you

So what your saying here is actual lives being saved means nothing?

I had a fella die in my arms outside Dunkirk , NY because a young kid just had a few beers to drink and commenced to turning in front of an oncoming motorcyclist. The man on the Bike took a stop sign down with his body and was so distorted the mans feet were above his head. I held this man in my arms, he's spitting up blood, couldn't talk and together we prayed to God. I spoke the words, he nodded his head and died in my arms.

The teenager that made a turn directly in front of the Biker said he had only drank 3-4 beers.

So don't tell me my stats mean nothing , you :censored: worthless piece of :censored:

Edited by dog14787

So what your saying here is actual lives being saved means nothing?

I had a fella die in my arms outside Dunkirk , NY because a young kid just had a few beers to drink and commenced to turning in front of an oncoming motorcyclist. The man on the Bike took a stop sign down with his body and was so distorted the mans feet were above his head. I held this man in my arms, he's spitting up blood, couldn't talk and together we prayed to God. I spoke the words, he nodded his head and died in my arms.

The teenager that made a turn directly in front of the Biker said he had only drank 3-4 beers.

So don't tell me my stats mean nothing , you :censored: piece of :censored:

I don't give a crap. You believe in God. That's hilarious. You really are dumb.

One guy died in your arms because drunk driving is worse. Good for you. You're a saint

OK I am done with you... ha. God. How lame is that character...

I don't give a crap. You believe in God. That's hilarious. You really are dumb.

One guy died in your arms because drunk driving is worse. Good for you. You're a saint

OK I am done with you... ha. God. How lame is that character...

wow, just wow :thumbdown:

I assume this is your attempt to close down the thread.

You can't have a civilized discussion/ debate so nobody can, is that it?

wow, just wow :thumbdown:

I assume this is your attempt to close down the thread.

You can't have a civilized discussion/ debate so nobody can, is that it?

if anyone was interested in discussing it with you they would. Hut they know like I do. You're stupid as ****