Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you put way too much stock into coachspeak. Why should a coach tell the media anything? Belichick barely talks in his press conferences. The less people know, the better.

I am fine if he wants to be coy. I just think its bizarre that the guy would make such a bold pronouncement. I don't think it makes him or the organization look good when you over-promise on anything.

Now I really REALLY want the Bills to win

That would lead to a fun offseason

This speaks volumes about your mindset.

I am fine if he wants to be coy. I just think its bizarre that the guy would make such a bold pronouncement. I don't think it makes him or the organization look good when you over-promise on anything.

Yeah, I agree. He should just say nothing like Belichick. I think he really wanted EJ to play & not have the "injury prone" label all offseason. I'm guessing he's pretty frustrated with this.

That's not exactly what was said. Marrone said he has to get out their and see what Manuel does tomorrow. He went on to say, A. Williams might not play or M. Goodwin. He was making a point of waiting to see what he does on the field tomorrow.

As a thought, maybe Marrone doesn't want to announce the starter so the Pats* aren't sure who to prepare for.

*Clears Throat*

Yeah, I agree. He should just say nothing like Belichick. I think he really wanted EJ to play & not have the "injury prone" label all offseason. I'm guessing he's pretty frustrated with this.

I really think the preseason spat with the media over Mario spooked him. I feel like he thought he was being called out as being a liar.

So, since then, he's been very open--too open-- on talking about injuries. In his pressers, he always says things like, "I am not lying here; just telling you what I know", etc.

He should just be like belichick and say as little as possible.

I really think the preseason spat with the media over Mario spooked him. I feel like he thought he was being called out as being a liar.

So, since then, he's been very open--too open-- on talking about injuries. In his pressers, he always says things like, "I am not lying here; just telling you what I know", etc.

Yeah. Marrone got emotionally charged over that. I agree with all this.

Agreed. That Mario situation was very embarrassing and unnecessary, and the set the table for how Marrone was going to handle the media.

I should just ignore Marrone... everyone gives him a pass and he is just so inept at everything.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

*Clears Throat*

Feel the need to gloat? Ok I'll remember that. It was all speculation til the last minute, so clear your throat all you want...

EDIT: And where did I say anything definitive, hilarious that you call me out for a post that I made that was saying everything was a wait and see. Which is what happened. Brilliant.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Agreed. That Mario situation was very embarrassing and unnecessary, and the set the table for how Marrone was going to handle the media.

I should just ignore Marrone... everyone gives him a pass and he is just so inept at everything.

Marrone has done a lot of things this year which made me shake my head. There is a lot of inexperience there which has showed this year in the media and on game day.

Why is this even worth discussing?

To me, as a fan, I expect to be able to believe the coach when he says that he's 110% certain of something.

If you don't care, just say so; that's fine.

Point is, he could just as easily have said he didn't know; to go as far as he did and now have to back down from it makes him appear silly IMO