Listening to WGR post game is a waste of time

PromoTheRobot

If you don't want to know what happened in a Bills game just listen to Schopp & Bulldog. 2 hours on whether or not the Bills should draft a new QB, zero time on the lack of running attack (which directly affects your passing game), the D's tendancy to over-pursue and give up big plays, zero time on play calling or what players were outstanding or who underperformed.

If I could get anything for Christmas I'd wish for another decent local sports outlet.

PTR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They stink.....Bills had 198 yds rushing tho....

That's surprising. You'd think the official Bills post game would discuss that. <_<

I actually had to watch the game on my phone so between dropouts I couldn't see every play. It just seemed like CJ couldn't do anything. I think he's still hurt. Again, a topic deemed beneath the official Bills post game show.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's surprising. You'd think the official Bills post game would discuss that. <_<

I actually had to watch the game on my phone so between dropouts I couldn't see every play. It just seemed like CJ couldn't do anything. I think he's still hurt. Again, a topic deemed beneath the official Bills post game show.

PTR

The stats are puzzling. 200 yds rushing, yet a lot of runs for 0 and 1 yards it seemed. EJ is going to struggle in 2nd and 10.

It was interesting how a fan called them on it today and they were immediatelay on the defensive.......then one of them said something to the effect of....."we are not hear for you persay.....we are hear for everyone else and we want to keep our job"

So their job is to talk to drunk fans say the same thing over and over again that have no idea what they are talking about.........

I'm anything but a fan of Schopp, but realize that their show, especially the post-game ones are not catered to you. It's about getting ratings and pissed drunks to call in. Most who have any interest left in this lost season are based on if EJ can look like a good QB.

It was interesting how a fan called them on it today and they were immediatelay on the defensive.......then one of them said something to the effect of....."we are not hear for you persay.....we are hear for everyone else and we want to keep our job"

So their job is to talk to drunk fans say the same thing over and over again that have no idea what they are talking about.........

That's interesting because I had the post-post-game show on, which usually has Sal who I think is much better. But Brian Koziel was filling in and he said something about "checking with his boss" about what to talk about. He asked if it was okay to talk about next year's draft, and his boss said do it.

I guess talking about the game that just happened is just too out there.

PTR

That's interesting because I had the post-post-game show on, which usually has Sal who I think is much better. But Brian Koziel was filling in and he said something about "checking with his boss" about what to talk about. He asked if it was okay to talk about next year's draft, and his boss said do it.

I guess talking about the game that just happened is just too out there.

PTR

Sal sucks. Pure amatuer. Koziel was an upgrade.

Schopp is annoying as hell. Just seems like the guy likes hearing himself talk half the time and completely dissing all the callers that don't exactly agree with him for the rest. Bulldog's not bad when schopp's not there. too bad it happens so little

They're not football guys so don't expect any kind of in depth analysis or insight. Even though he was an arrogant dick at least Dickerson gave some insight. Worse, you have skeletor lookalike Buscaglia who is the ""expert" who has no insight, no access and basic fan level analysis.

Whats more entertaining is listening to Dope and Dog try to make the Sabers sound interesting and relevant.

If you want to hear some amazing insight and analysis, listen to Kelso!

They're not football guys so don't expect any kind of in depth analysis or insight. Even though he was an arrogant dick at least Dickerson gave some insight. Worse, you have skeletor lookalike Buscaglia who is the ""expert" who has no insight, no access and basic fan level analysis.

Whats more entertaining is listening to Dope and Dog try to make the Sabers sound interesting and relevant.

If you want to hear some amazing insight and analysis, listen to Kelso!

So funny how everyone has different tastes. I was in the car for most of the game today, and all I could think was how much I couldn't stand Kelso.

We'll just agree to disagree.

All these buffoons are only as good as the guests they book. Some of the younger guys have potential like Koziel. Joe B, needs to shed the cliches that are largely the result of him being 12 and learn how to self edit as he's often a rambling mess.

It's admirable that Sal made it from the basement to the 'bigs' (if that applies to Buffalo), but he has nothing to say except he went to cuse, and likes the Yankees. I get why you dig him since he's up with positivity and that's your schtick. He's personable compared to Schopp, and that's his sole sell.

Teh Toronto guys on 590 are decent via podcast. And even Shredd and Ragan and Gaenzler on whld do passable interviews.

Edited by Wayne Fontes

I hate to say it, but sports talk radio normally breaks down when they start taking callers. Most just repeat the same thing that somebody else just said, it is just too repetitive...so yeah, I agree, post game is pretty much a waste of time. Like Schoop & Bulldog or not, I think it is pretty much the same everywhere...those drunk a-holes you just sat next to at the game, are now calling to espouse their silliness on the radio...I like John Murphys show on GR, and normally listen to it archived on BuffaloBills.com. Where I live, smack dab in the middle of Texas, I have my choice of listening to Texans or Cowboys post-game shows, should I want. They are both every bit as bad as the Bills post-game. When I listen, I just skip the caller segments altogether. I will listen to the post-game show for about 20 minutes, just to gauge the temperature of Bils fans..I am rarely surprised, or frankly, interested in any of the points they are making.

I am not a Schoop & Bullldog hater, I think they are okay, at times...but I do agree, I am not overly impressed, all the way around, with GR's Bills coverage. It is not so much that there isn't enough of it (there is plenty), just nobody that works at the station, except for perhaps, Joe B and Sal really bring anything to the table. I just think they are all kind of dull. The games on the radio are just lacking something...I don't hate any of them, I think Murphy is okay, but not particularly exciting to listen to as a play by play guy. Luckily, for me, I rarely have to rely on radio broadcasts for my coverage.

Edited by Buftex

PTR

That high ankle spain never healed . He needed to shut down for 4 or 5 weeks and he never did it and the coaches never made him do it. Give him credit he did what most RBs could not do. Just taped it up and kept going, saying nothing.