If we win these next three games...

Wesdawg

And boy is that a big "if"... Do you feel more confident about a 7-9 Bills team heading into 2014, or will it not make much of a difference either way? For me personally, if this team managed to win these last three games it would say a lot about what type of coach Marrone is and how capable he is of actually getting through to these younger players. If we finish 6-10 or 5-11, I'm honestly not going to have much of a reason to care about next season. But a 3-0 finish would be a dramatic turnaround for a team that hasn't had a winning record in December in almost a decade (or even ended the season on a multiple game winning streak in Lord knows how long for that matter).

Edited by 808Bills

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My excitement for next season will have nothing to do whatsoever with what our record ends being this season. I've officially entered "whatever, the worse they finish, the better the draft pick" mode for 2013. What else is new. And in fact, I'll probably be more excited with their higher draft pick than I would be about their crappy 14th overall pick (were they to win out) come May anyway.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I picked the Bills to go 4-12 this year so any wins hurts my record of picking Bills records - last year was a complete disaster as I picked the Bills to go 10-6 (that M.Williams,Dareus, K. Williams, Anderson Dline never really panned out the way I thought I would) but before that I was dead on 6 times and within one 6 times .

When is the last time the Buffalo Bills won 3 straight game? Serious question. Just checked it was weeks 1-3 of the 2011 season where we beat the Chiefs, Raiders and Patriots to open the season. We then went on to win 3 of our next 13 games that season. The Bills actually haven't won back to back games since week 3 of the 2012 season, which is pretty pathetic. We've played 26 games without stringing 2 wins in a row together. Think about that. I don't think your brain even needs to entertain the idea of winning 3 games in a row. The Bills have fallen so low that the thought of them stringing wins together seems like an impossibility these days. The game at Jacksonville is a toss up to me, I think we beat Miami at home, and then lose @ Pats.

"IF" Ifs and buts were candy and nuts...If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle...

Seriously tho, the Bills would need to change their entire way of running the offense. They would need to have this new OC stop calling so many pass plays like he has a vet QB behind center. He would need to change the run blocking schemes to something other then "shotgun run up the middle" along with an occasional play action run up the middle. He also would need to make the O lineman more proficient at run blocking on 3rd and short so that they could actually control the line of scrimmage and clock by running.

The defense has been up to the task all year as its the offense that can't make a first down and keeps giving the ball back to the opponents along with a short field. No defense ever designed was intended to spend most of the game on the field. EJ had a QB rating of 31.2 against the 3-9 Buc's. :sick: But a lot Bills players simply laid down against Tampa Bay, and that is not a good sign for things to come for HC Doug Marrone.

Jacksonville has won 3 straight, and their players are putting out a great effort. The Jags QB has put up 10 TD's in the last 2 games ... but the Jags could be without MJD at RB, and their WR Cecil Shorts. So it is conceivable that even if the Bills try running the exact same offense their defense could step up and win this game for them as the Jags have the worst offense in the NFL, 25 in passing.

I won't bet on the Bills at this point. :bag:

Yes. If the Bills win the next three games it will be a huge step forward. They will have held there own in the AFC East. That is huge. EJ will have taken a big forward step. They would finish the season on a three game winning streak. They will still be in a position to get significant help in the draft and they will be a place that veteran free agents will consider. In my opinion they will have had a successful season.

Yes. If the Bills win the next three games it will be a huge step forward. They will have held there own in the AFC East. That is huge. EJ will have taken a big forward step. They would finish the season on a three game winning streak. They will still be in a position to get significant help in the draft and they will be a place that veteran free agents will consider. In my opinion they will have had a successful season.

While I'm in the 'who cares?/lose out and draft earlier' camp, these are very good points. The ONLY way the Bills win out is if Manuel shows us all something no one has seen in him yet -which would be great going into the off season. These 'things' he'd have to show us would also extrapolate into a new fear created in the Division -which would also be great and something that hasn't existed this century.

Frankly, I think this is delusional, but I'd take it!

I doubt that they will win out. At this point winning hurts more than helps in the long run. Get a tope 10 draft pick. Keep building the team and sign a few free agents. It does get old that every December the debate turns to the draft, free agents and next season's schedule. I would like it to be who be are facing in the playoffs. Bright side is I think this team is not far from that position. This season they have beaten good teams (Baltimore and Carolina), lost very close games (New England, Cincinnati and Kansas City) but stunk it up to weaker teams. Once this team gets it together, mentally more than physically, they will be in the playoff mix. So, let them play and if they win or lose, look for off season improvements.

And boy is that a big "if"... Do you feel more confident about a 7-9 Bills team heading into 2014, or will it not make much of a difference either way? For me personally, if this team managed to win these last three games it would say a lot about what type of coach Marrone is and how capable he is of actually getting through to these younger players. If we finish 6-10 or 5-11, I'm honestly not going to have much of a reason to care about next season. But a 3-0 finish would be a dramatic turnaround for a team that hasn't had a winning record in December in almost a decade (or even ended the season on a multiple game winning streak in Lord knows how long for that matter).

Not much difference either way. Still another in a long line of non-playoff years.

The Bills had opportunities the last 2 weeks to make a statement and failed miserably. Most troubling was that the team was not ready to compete in TB, that game was over as soon as Rainey ran 80 for the TD (and maybe before that play because they were not ready to defend it). The last two games raise serious questions about Marrone's ability to get his team read to play and to motivate the high paid veterans on the team. Two more opportunities await, this week and next week, and there is no reason whatsoever for the Bills not winning both of these games. Throw another screen to CJ (hope for no penalties), use one of the speedsters on a reverse, throw to them downfield, let Fred do the inside running, etc. Almost everyone is healthy, go out, show something and get the W's. The excuses are starting to wear thin.

Don't worry, we won't win any of them. :thumbsup:

why do you attached the non playoff years to this staff and qb- this is year one they couldnt do anything about the previous seasons. Hell of a way to go through life

Let me educate you about me. If I had meant to attribute this non-playoff year strictly to the staff or the QB, I would have said so. Since I did not even mention them in my post, am not laying this at their feet. What I mean is that 14 years of no playoffs tends to not make me too excited about anything Bills-related right now, at least until draft day.

Thank you for the life lesson, but seeing as how I'm 47, retired military, and married to the absolute best wife I could ever ask for, with the most awesome son I could ever wish for, I'm doing just fine, thank you.