Here's A Different Thought on The QB Thing in B/Lo (I Think)

T master

I don't know if this has been covered yet because i haven't been on in more than a few days, so if it has been covered please forgive me.

The last time i was on i had read a couple of posts about hiring Houston's ex HC Gary Kubiak as our own, but seeing as we have a first year HC i don't think that it will happen any time soon ...

BUT !!!

Seeing as we have a HC & OC in place & the OC IMHO is trying to do just a bit too much especially his first year as a NFL OC as far as OC/QB coach/what ever else he has on his plate, why not hire Kubiak to be the QB's coach & possibly the assistant HC like Gailey did with Wanny ?

The only thing Hackett might get a bit bent out of shape, but it would give him more time & he would have to be on his toes b/c.

One there would be a competition factor knowing that if he doesn't do his job well there is some one that can + there would be some one else with quite a bit of experience to bounce offensive ideas off of .

Or not, b/c with the extra time he would have from not being the QB coach he could focus more on the implementation of the game plan & not be distracted during the week by having to pay attention to the QB's b/c they would be in more than capable hands .

Kubiak would have a lessor role which would be good for his health & we would have another set of experienced (championship winning) eyes on the offense to teach championship ideas & to hopefully turn things around quicker .

Kubiak would basically be doing the same thing he did in Denver for so many years while helping them to a Championship or 2 . And heck Hackett along with Marrone might pick up on some stuff along the way ...

Well there you have it . I've heard of a lot worse things come down the pike in B/Lo so what do you all think ?

Again IF this hasn't already been discussed ? Carry on !!

Edited by T master

I have also mentioned before on here that maybe it would be better off if we brought in a full time QB coach to work with EJ and Thaddeus and Tuel Time and Dennis Dixon and let Hackett (or the new OC) concentrate on the offense. It received pretty much the same treatment as you're getting here. But I still think it's a good idea.

If Kubiak was going to any team, I would think that it would be no less than an offensive coordinator. I just don't see him being the qb coach for the Buffalo Bills. That would be like having Bill Cowher as our equipment manager. It's just not going to happen. If Hackett was demoted to just qb coach, that would be something to consider, but we all know about the three year grace period in Buffalo. We always seem to find a way to be a day late and a dollar short. Maybe next year.

I have also mentioned before on here that maybe it would be better off if we brought in a full time QB coach to work with EJ and Thaddeus and Tuel Time and Dennis Dixon and let Hackett (or the new OC) concentrate on the offense. It received pretty much the same treatment as you're getting here. But I still think it's a good idea.

I have no clue why a team with so many young signal callers and no vet to mentor them doesn't have a QB coach.

How bout we just draft a capable NFL QB. EJ will never be a winner in this league.

That is just way to early to declare.

RGIII looked awesome last year. This year he can not hit the broadside of a barn. A lot of this has to do with his injury. But i would also contend a lot has to do with his relationship with his HC.

My point is good coaching can make the world of difference. I contend that Hackett and Marrone are in way over their collective heads. They not only are realizing how much more stressful the NFL is but also they are lacking a coach. Either an OC or QB coach must be hired in the offseason. Personally i would go with both and let Hackett go.

Marrone must admit his mistake and move on. He seems to have no problem doing so with players, he needs to show that same resolve with coaches!

That is just way to early to declare.

RGIII looked awesome last year. This year he can not hit the broadside of a barn. A lot of this has to do with his injury. But i would also contend a lot has to do with his relationship with his HC.

My point is good coaching can make the world of difference. I contend that Hackett and Marrone are in way over their collective heads. They not only are realizing how much more stressful the NFL is but also they are lacking a coach. Either an OC or QB coach must be hired in the offseason. Personally i would go with both and let Hackett go.

Marrone must admit his mistake and move on. He seems to have no problem doing so with players, he needs to show that same resolve with coaches!

What is it about Hackett that has you ready to pull the cord on him?

What QBs has kubiak groomed?

Yes please.

If Kubiak wanted to slow it down , he probably can give some decent advice to a young coaching staff like the Bills. But i dont see a good fit up.

And i don't think there is any connection for Gary in Buffalo ?

I agree Bills need some more help focused on EJ. And i would bet it's been discussed