Anyone else feeling like they just don't care?

xsoldier54

The season has been over since October, so right now doesn't seem any different to me. I kind of hope the Bills lose the last few games. I mean, really what is the point in even trying. Guys don't need to get hurt, and you might as well try to get a good draft pick. Of course, the Bills probably won't take one of the good QB's who are coming out of college in the draft anyway. We'll probably have to take a WR or a LB in the first round.

Or an OL.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I missed last weeks debacle (although i had it on a very small tv in the background while I worked on painting in the new house. Probably won't get to catch much this week because It will be spent moving furniture around. I will probably watch the last 2 games though, just because its the Bills and they are on.

I'm kinda glad they aren't still in the playoff hunt cause I wouldn't be getting anything done when I have the time on Sunday

I'd like to say yes I don't care, maybe a i'm glutton for punishment, but I continue to care. The Bills always have and always will be my team. I continue to believe and probably will as long as they're in Buffalo. For some unknown reason I'm giving Marrone and EJ and Whaley and company the benefit of the doubt that they are striving to get better.

OK Russ, we get it.

I knew we were done for the season after the Falcons game. I just want to see how much accountability there is during the offseason when decisions to retain or let go are made and contracts are negotiated.

Agree. Most likely, I think the Bills will do what they normally do: Give the 2nd year head coach a pass on the first year, stay the course, no major shake ups,

talk about this being the year, sell season tickets with maybe 1 FA signing.

Yup.

I really don't have much faith in next year either. I have little confidence they went with the right head coach in Marrone and I have little confidence they went with the right QB in Manuel.

I didnt watch last Sunday and it paid off. I probably won't watch another game this year.

The Bills have been irrelevant for so long it is hard to remember when they mattered. The season is going just as I thought. This was a 6-10 team until proven otherwise. A rookie head coach with a rookie offensive coordinator and a marginal coaching staff taking over a team with a rookie QB. I still shake my head at the pre-season optimists who thought this was a playoff team. (for fun go read the posts proclaiming "this time is different")

Marrone still hasn't shown me he is an NFL head coach. In fact, it is not even close at this point.

My advice is like others have said, enjoy the games and don't let how the Bills play ruin a fun time with your friends and family. My family and I still enjoy watching the games together, even last weeks. And it is certainly NOT due to the quality of the Bills play. Also, I lost my brother unexpectedly last week so trust me, enjoy family times while you have them.

Very sorry for your loss. You are absolutely right. We should cherish the time that we have with friends and family because you never know when it might end. All the best to you and family in this time of loss.

My "give a crap" is very broken. Every year it seems to break earlier and earlier.

This year, it broke a little bit in last game verses Atlanta.

I fixed it and got it running then Tampa bay game hit.....and now I can't find it and I stopped looking for it. Maybe it is because when it broke this time I shot it :censored: and threw it out the window.... so I would feel no more pain until the blind hope of free agency.... then the cycle of the Bills selling hope starts all over again.

I need a beer :beer: or 8 to get through the rest of the season.

I have tried really hard this week to muster up some interest in reading the various stories and discussion threads, but I'm finding that it just isn't in me. After so many losing seasons and so many years with no playoffs, I'm finding that I just have very little interest in what happens between now and the end of the season. After the past two weeks, I just have nothing left emotionally to give to this team this year. The games are meaningless and the stories just don't interest me. I'll watch these last three games if they are watchable, but if they are anything like last week, I probably will switch to another game. Other than that, I just can't find the energy to give a crap about what anyone on this team does. That includes players, coaches and front office. I know I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.

I plan on watching just because there gonna be a snow storm in Buffalo this weekend and if the game gets bad , ill just shovel some snow and get some more fresh air.

I have learned not to get emotionally involved unless there is something to get pumped about. That's how you deal with the Bills right now.

I have detached from the team, as of about 3 years ago.

Now, I can miss games and not care. They lose and I laugh more than get upset about it. They win (in games that matter) I still get pretty happy, but the highs arent as high, because I know it wont amount to anything.

Not going to the Dolphins game. I made a pledge 3 years ago as well, that I am dont going to meaningless games.

My advice is like others have said, enjoy the games and don't let how the Bills play ruin a fun time with your friends and family. My family and I still enjoy watching the games together, even last weeks. And it is certainly NOT due to the quality of the Bills play. Also, I lost my brother unexpectedly last week so trust me, enjoy family times while you have them.

My condolences on your great loss. A friend of mine back in WNY lost his brother this week too.

Our family gets together every Sunday. Mostly decked out in Bills gear but when they suck the channel gets changed to the RedZone. IF we stage a comeback, they'll have it.

To me, it was the Bucs game.

The Falcons game was absolutely heartbreaking.

But the Bucs game, the team totally folded and EJ regressed to pre-season form. Very disheartening.

I didn't even watch that one. the two that really bothered me this year were the Steelers and the Bucs. Both winnable and they didn't show. For me, the whole Toronto atmosphere with the silly Bon Jovi rumors and the talk of Bills moving and a loss in front of a small and indifferent crowd was enough. I have a place in Florida about an hour and a half south of Jacksonville and a few weeks back, I was actually entertaining going to the game. If they win out, there will be some salvation. Otherwise, this will be a long off season.

I agree that it is about more than the football. And I agree with the poster that said it's a family event. My son and daughter-in-law and my two grandsons and my buddy John come over every Sunday to watch the games and I enjoy their company. But when we're watching what happened against Atlanta and Tampa, it drains any ounce of fun out of watching the game. LIke I said, I'll be watching the next three weeks as long as the team gives me a reason to watch. If they are as bad as they were last week, we definitely will be switching to a better game. I remember a few years ago when I was in the Army in Oklahoma I used to watch the games on Sunday ticket and there was this young Captain that used to come over and watch the games with me. He always brought some wings with him. During one particularly putrid performance, I switched to another game. He got so pissed off, he left and took his wings with him. I didn't care that he left, because he used to drive me crazy talking to the TV as if the players could hear him, but damn, he could've left the wings. Obviously not my first rodeo, I have been watching this team since it's inception, but man it gets old.

Ft. Sill?

I did my basic/AIT there. Dear God the only hotter and more desolate place I've ever been is Kuwait. :lol: