Anyone else feeling like they just don't care?

xsoldier54

CBF, I noticed your member photo contradicts sort of with your name, you live in Canada , yet you feel the Canada Series is bad for the Bills? Interesting.. Correct me if I am making the wrong correlation.

Nope. You are spot on.

My name is exactly what it reads. I am a Canadian who is a huge Bills fan.

I hate the Toronto series as I have stated in countless posts I have made.

I have gone to a Bills game in Toronto and its just awful. Its like going to a Jays game only paying 10x more for a ticket.

My favorite thing about the Bills is that they are in Buffalo and I think it should stay that way.

Toronto doesnt deserve the Bills.

CBF

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried really hard this week to muster up some interest in reading the various stories and discussion threads, but I'm finding that it just isn't in me. After so many losing seasons and so many years with no playoffs, I'm finding that I just have very little interest in what happens between now and the end of the season. After the past two weeks, I just have nothing left emotionally to give to this team this year. The games are meaningless and the stories just don't interest me. I'll watch these last three games if they are watchable, but if they are anything like last week, I probably will switch to another game. Other than that, I just can't find the energy to give a crap about what anyone on this team does. That includes players, coaches and front office. I know I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.

I'll be watching the game with our Backers club because it's fun to join together with other native WNY'ers and root for our hometown team.

It's a little more fun when they win, sure, but it's as much about the people I get to hang out with as it is the football.

How long it has been real hope of this team being a playoff contender. Each year does begin with measured hope, wanting to see what new additions to team can bring as season dwindles down for far to long just more of the same. Yes it has made me apathetic, yes I find other things to do , where previously it would be unthought of to miss a game , but I do care very much it extremely disappointing.

I lost interest after the Falcons game. That cost the Bills any shot at the postseason. Given last weeks game, I think the players did too. I had some early excitement, but this season has been pretty disappointing.

To me, it was the Bucs game.

The Falcons game was absolutely heartbreaking.

But the Bucs game, the team totally folded and EJ regressed to pre-season form. Very disheartening.

When was the last time you haven't had to dig deep to muster some enthusiasm for post week 14 Bills game? Jan 1, 2005 for me

They were still alive toward the end of '06. I remember going to the Tennessee game and they were still alive in the wild card chase. But alas, Robert Royal didn't bother getting his feet in bounds and the Bills lost. Not to mention, Vince Young was INSANE that year (and that game in particular), something that everyone seems to forget about.

CBF, I noticed your member photo contradicts sort of with your name, you live in Canada , yet you feel the Canada Series is bad for the Bills? Interesting.. Correct me if I am making the wrong correlation.

Dude, almost every Canadian feels this way. Ask one the next time you're at a Bills game. They love coming down there.

They were still alive toward the end of '06. I remember going to the Tennessee game and they were still alive in the wild card chase. But alas, Robert Royal didn't bother getting his feet in bounds and the Bills lost. Not to mention, Vince Young was INSANE that year (and that game in particular), something that everyone seems to forget about.

How could I forget? I was actually at that game! Ok, so it's only seven years since this team has manged to cling to a sliver of hope into late December. I feel much better.

I'll watch Sunday, and I'm going to the Miami game.

At this point, I'm just savoring my last three opportunities to watch our boys line up before the agonizing nine-month hiatus.

Atta Boy Cat...WaterPolo players never give up the ghost!

I will watch every game..and savor us knocking the Dolhins out of the playoffs and the Pats out of homefield!

Hate the next 8 months after the last game, no football till August!

Get to my age, you just hope you make it till next august!

Edited by plenzmd1

I was at the Bucs game as well.. 8 rows behind the Bills bench and these were the highlights

1. Freddy showing legit heart trying to fire people up during most of the first half.

2. Pettine turned around to face crowd for a good 15 seconds during a stoppage in play, looking completely beaten

3. Marrone and my friend was adamant about this.. did not talk to a single player for almost an quarter in the 2nd half.. just pacing around staring at his shoes.

4. A bills fan, who had enough beer and enough of the losing.. really got into it with Brooks... Brooks had to be calmed down by teammates and we were a section over so I couldn't hear what it was about

5. Met some great fans in the section and around the tampa area for the weekend

Go Bills

I'll be watching the game with our Backers club because it's fun to join together with other native WNY'ers and root for our hometown team.

It's a little more fun when they win, sure, but it's as much about the people I get to hang out with as it is the football.

I agree that it is about more than the football. And I agree with the poster that said it's a family event. My son and daughter-in-law and my two grandsons and my buddy John come over every Sunday to watch the games and I enjoy their company. But when we're watching what happened against Atlanta and Tampa, it drains any ounce of fun out of watching the game. LIke I said, I'll be watching the next three weeks as long as the team gives me a reason to watch. If they are as bad as they were last week, we definitely will be switching to a better game. I remember a few years ago when I was in the Army in Oklahoma I used to watch the games on Sunday ticket and there was this young Captain that used to come over and watch the games with me. He always brought some wings with him. During one particularly putrid performance, I switched to another game. He got so pissed off, he left and took his wings with him. I didn't care that he left, because he used to drive me crazy talking to the TV as if the players could hear him, but damn, he could've left the wings. Obviously not my first rodeo, I have been watching this team since it's inception, but man it gets old. Edited by xsoldier54

One. The Bills are boring. They don't run well or pass well. Three and outs all season long bores me. Missing wide open recievers bores me. It used to make me mad, but I guess I don't care as much these days.

Two. It bothers me, and it will really bother me, to watch EJ Manuel throw a touchdown pass in the first quarter of any of these remaining games and be all smiles with joking around with his mates. I want a QB who expects to win, expects to do well, hates to lose and acts accordingly. Not a guy who acts like he's in over his head, in it for the paycheck or any other reason.

Go Bills.

I don't care much any more, just a bit about EJ. I hope he makes it, but with poor hires at HC and OC, I don't see how he can,

or, if he does, it will be in spite of them and won't matter, because they will not succeed in the NFL.

I hate to wait two more years until they are fired and we start all over with more cheap hires.

I agree that it is about more than the football. And I agree with the poster that said it's a family event. My son and daughter-in-law and my two grandsons and my buddy John come over every Sunday to watch the games and I enjoy their company. But when we're watching what happened against Atlanta and Tampa, it drains any ounce of fun out of watching the game. LIke I said, I'll be watching the next three weeks as long as the team gives me a reason to watch. If they are as bad as they were last week, we definitely will be switching to a better game. I remember a few years ago when I was in the Army in Oklahoma I used to watch the games on Sunday ticket and there was this young Captain that used to come over and watch the games with me. He always brought some wings with him. During one particularly putrid performance, I switched to another game. He got so pissed off, he left and took his wings with him. I didn't care that he left, because he used to drive me crazy talking to the TV as if the players could hear him, but damn, he could've left the wings. Obviously not my first rodeo, I have been watching this team since it's inception, but man it gets old.

My advice is like others have said, enjoy the games and don't let how the Bills play ruin a fun time with your friends and family. My family and I still enjoy watching the games together, even last weeks. And it is certainly NOT due to the quality of the Bills play. Also, I lost my brother unexpectedly last week so trust me, enjoy family times while you have them.

Edited by CodeMonkey

My advice is like others have said, enjoy the games and don't let how the Bills play ruin a fun time with your friends and family. My family and I still enjoy watching the games together, even last weeks. And it is certainly NOT due to the quality of the Bills play. Also, I lost my brother unexpectedly last week so trust me, enjoy family times while you have them.

My condolences to you and your family, and may your brother be resting in peace.

The season has been over since October, so right now doesn't seem any different to me. I kind of hope the Bills lose the last few games. I mean, really what is the point in even trying. Guys don't need to get hurt, and you might as well try to get a good draft pick. Of course, the Bills probably won't take one of the good QB's who are coming out of college in the draft anyway. We'll probably have to take a WR or a LB in the first round.

I have tried really hard this week to muster up some interest in reading the various stories and discussion threads, but I'm finding that it just isn't in me. After so many losing seasons and so many years with no playoffs, I'm finding that I just have very little interest in what happens between now and the end of the season. After the past two weeks, I just have nothing left emotionally to give to this team this year. The games are meaningless and the stories just don't interest me. I'll watch these last three games if they are watchable, but if they are anything like last week, I probably will switch to another game. Other than that, I just can't find the energy to give a crap about what anyone on this team does. That includes players, coaches and front office. I know I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.

Yeah. I say time to get away from them for awhile. There are waaay better things to do on Sunday afternoon's than watch the repetition of this losing franchise.

I'm out till the draft.

See you then!