Anyone else feeling like they just don't care?

xsoldier54

I have tried really hard this week to muster up some interest in reading the various stories and discussion threads, but I'm finding that it just isn't in me. After so many losing seasons and so many years with no playoffs, I'm finding that I just have very little interest in what happens between now and the end of the season. After the past two weeks, I just have nothing left emotionally to give to this team this year. The games are meaningless and the stories just don't interest me. I'll watch these last three games if they are watchable, but if they are anything like last week, I probably will switch to another game. Other than that, I just can't find the energy to give a crap about what anyone on this team does. That includes players, coaches and front office. I know I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you xsoldier.

I am just over the crappy play the crappy coaching just the mess that it is.

I think the biggest issue i am having right now is because i think Marrone was a bad hire. Thus we have at least 2 more years of this to watch.

I have not seen much from Marrone or Hackett to give me a lot of faith that they will turn this team into winners.

I think that is why i am so depressed right now when i think about the Bills. It is more about not just this year but the next two season's are probably going to be much of the same.

I have tried really hard this week to muster up some interest in reading the various stories and discussion threads, but I'm finding that it just isn't in me. After so many losing seasons and so many years with no playoffs, I'm finding that I just have very little interest in what happens between now and the end of the season. After the past two weeks, I just have nothing left emotionally to give to this team this year. The games are meaningless and the stories just don't interest me. I'll watch these last three games if they are watchable, but if they are anything like last week, I probably will switch to another game. Other than that, I just can't find the energy to give a crap about what anyone on this team does. That includes players, coaches and front office. I know I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.

Yup!

Just gets exausting year after year. Always something to give me hope, then blah....

Felt really good this year, which makes this year more depressing.

I will start watching, but it may just end up being on in background while workin in shop.

I'd like to say yes I don't care, maybe a i'm glutton for punishment, but I continue to care. The Bills always have and always will be my team. I continue to believe and probably will as long as they're in Buffalo. For some unknown reason I'm giving Marrone and EJ and Whaley and company the benefit of the doubt that they are striving to get better.

The Bills drive me nuts, I say I don't care, and I even follow the Ravens (since ~1997, and really rooting for them since Harbaugh showed up) almost as closely as the Bills. But a regular season Bills win against the Jets makes me more excited than the Ravens' two SB wins. How's that for screwed up?

I said I won't watch the game on Sunday. So...I'll probably be watching the game on Sunday.

I still plan on watching the game on Sunday but my level of interest would be a lot higher if the game meant something more than jockeying for draft position. Perhaps we'll get a glimmer of hope from a solid performance by EJ? And maybe that's the thing to watch for in the last 3 games. Will EJ show improvement that might provide Bills fans some comfort through the long off season that the team has a potential 'good' QB?

And maybe this week the defense won't give up any big plays for once this season? And they won't get called for holding on what seems like every decent punt and kick off return?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I'll watch Sunday, and I'm going to the Miami game.

At this point, I'm just savoring my last three opportunities to watch our boys line up before the agonizing nine-month hiatus.

People think I'm nuts, but I'll be there for the Miami game as well

Again this is what we've been reduced to great fans like these having the fandom of our beloved Bills being sucked out of us. What a shame. F you Ralph you deserve all of us not to give a crap until this team is relevant again.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I was at the Bucs game and I don't drink, my wife can vouch for me on that... I was hammered by the 3rd quarter because it was torture watching how inept the entire organization / team have become. I felt like I was watching JV football. Ashamed of my Bills right now and I have a lot of Bills clothing that has been put aside with gasoline and a match. I look at that match on Sunday afternoons after the games and it takes all of my will not to light it and let it burn. Since I have been born into this mess I still find some shred of hope that next year will be different but after this long it's just setting myself up for heartache. I along with all of you are the product of a losing franchise... disgruntled, upset and unwilling to accept failure.

Edited by MClem06

I'll watch Sunday, and I'm going to the Miami game.

At this point, I'm just savoring my last three opportunities to watch our boys line up before the agonizing nine-month hiatus.

Exactly. The offseason is horribly long, so I try to wring every ounce of pain/pleasure I can out of the season. Plus Bills games are family events for me, and I enjoy them. Looking forward to what EJ does with this "scaled-down" approach.

I find that starting in September, my Sundays are always booked and my wife knows not to make any plans.

Come December, I am more flexible when it comes to Sundays.

I will still watch games to see how the players look but I find I dont have the same excitement as I do in September through November.

As far as the long offseason goes, I love it. Not only is it the time of year where the hopes are the highest for the Bills but I absolutely love reading up on the college players coming up in the draft and I love the thought of what free agency brings.

CBF