Top Posters In This Topic

Trade Stevie Johnson ( for whatever) sign a true #1 receiver

Draft starting Left Guard

Sign free agent Starting RT

Sign or draft a real Tight end

Draft a rushing Line backer

resign Byrd

New Owner

Find a middle to late round running back that wants to hit the hole hard and not look to bounce,

Punter

Please add on sure there are more needs.

I got everything, except when it came to the Owner. It is not the Owners fault that we have a lousy team. This team laid a big fat egg in Tampa Bay. It has nothing to do with the owner. If the owner changes, the good folks of Buffalo can say GOODBYE to their beloved Bills.

We lose Byrd Man

We draft a Safety top 6 or maybe even a running back

We bring in an undrafted Rookie to complete with EJ

We trade Kiko

They will tag Byrd if they cannot reach a deal. Byrd is a great talent.

1. Re-sign Byrd to a long term deal. It'll cost a lot, but can we really afford to lose him?

2. Re-sign Branch. He's a been a great addition to our D-Line.

3. Sign a WR in FA. We spent two draft picks on WR's last year, and I'd rather not draft another one. I'd love to get Anquan Boldin, but I doubt that will happen, so let's go after James Jones. He'd be an upgrade at this position.

4. Draft Khalil Mack or Stephon Tuitt. The idea of having Kiko & Mack in our LB corps is tantalizing. Tuitt would be a good pick as well, as we could use someone young at our DE position. Especially now that Alex Carrington's future appears cloudy.

5. Draft an OG. Unless we address this position in free agency, I'd like to see us draft Gabe Jackson in the 2nd round. If not, go after a Tight End.

6. Draft a QB. I am not giving up on EJ Manuel. However, this year's QB class is deep. If A.J. McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, or David Fales is around, the Bills should seriously consider taking one of these guys. It would not hurt to have one of these guys as insurance.

7. Fire Hackett. His play calling has hurt the offense with having little to no creativity and not using Spiller or Chandler properly. We need an OC with NFL experience.

8. Re-sign Dan Carpenter. I like Dustin Hopkins and he probably has a future in the NFL, but Carpenter is only 27 and has been a steal for us. Can we really let Carpenter walk?

1. Demote Hackett to QB coach

2. Hire a real OC

3. TE in first or second round

4. LB or CB opposite wherever you get TE- First or Second round

5. LB or CB in the third

6. Oline in FA

7. Resign Byrd

8. New Secial teams coach.

It may come down to firing this HC & OC

Hiring Lovie Smith as the HC, as 10-6 is looking pretty darn good. Hire LSU's OC Cam Cameron as the OC. Keep Mike Pettine as the DC.

Draft

#1 pick Khalil Mack OLB

#2 pick LG / WR / TE

#3 pick RT

Free agency, fill in what you can for G,T, OLB, TE, WR

I'm losing faith in Doug Marrone very quickly because that O line was just manhandled by a 3-9 Tampa Bay D line. Look around the league at all the other new head coaches.

Andy Reid, KC 10-3 HOT

Bruce Arians, Arizona 8-5 HOT in the best div in NFC

Chip Kelly, Philly 8-5 HOT

Marc Trestman, Chicago 7-6 HOT with QB Josh McCown

Mike McCoy San Diego, 6-7 in the best div in the AFC

Gus Bradly, Jacksonville 4-9 with QB Chad Henne!

Rob Chudzinski, Cleveland 4-9 with turmoil at QB, starter on IR, Willis McGahee at RB. really?

Doug Marrone, Buffalo 4-9 healthy team blown out by the 3-9 Bucs

Draft best available qb with their first round pick. Until you have a solid qb in this league you've got nothing. Throw the new rookie qb in a battle with ej...best man wins the job. With the new rookie wage scale there's no reason teams with bad qb's shouldn't be drafting qbs early and often until they find a guy they can move forward with.

If anyone single player can change the losing culture of the bills, it his him. Thad Lewis had more fire in his belly this year than ej. I want a qb who wants to win rather than one who tries not to lose. Im sure it wont be the pick for the bills, but a guy like johnny football does not come around often and I have a strong feeling hes gonna be great. ej, marrone, chan, jauron, fitz, tredwards, they had this mopey sullen look in post game press conferences and interviews, with this 'whatareyagonnado?' look on their face. we NEED someone like Jim Harbaugh, or as much as I hate to admit it, Brady, who's gonna flip out when things are going well. This team will never change without someone like this.

Trade Stevie Johnson ( for whatever) sign a true #1 receiver

Draft starting Left Guard

Sign free agent Starting RT

Sign or draft a real Tight end

Draft a rushing Line backer

resign Byrd

New Owner

Find a middle to late round running back that wants to hit the hole hard and not look to bounce,

Punter

Please add on sure there are more needs.

I would not trade Stevie. I see him as a valuable and reliable, (in spite of recent mishaps), player like Edelman or Amendola.

I would love it if the Bills drafted Alabama tackle Kouandjio with it's first pick. But I don't think that will happen chiefly because I don't think Whaley and the boys are smart enough to make that happen.

I think Buffalo's first pick will come down to a choice between Mike Evans, Khalil Mack, and Eric Ebron. I think one of the top rated guards like Yankey, Richardson, Martin and Arkansas center Swanson, who can play guard, will be there early in the second simply because there are a few good ones and one or two is sure to slip to the early second round. That will fill the need at LG.

That means that Buffalo must scout the RT and G candidates very carefully because they will need to find a RG and RT and things get very iffy beginning with the third round since the best will have been taken. I also agree that Buffalo needs to draft a runner, preferably a talented big one. The theory of how to develop a team for Buffalo, going back to 1960, has always been to develop a strong running game for late in the year when the weather is bad and passing becomes more difficult. (Note how New England always reverts to it's running game when it's passing game is not clicking. And they do it successfully because of a strong offensive line.)

Buffalo has had that from time to time. We have two guards in the NFL Hall of Fame. But that theory seems to have been misplaced by the "this is a passing league" theory. And that is the reason for all of the years when Buffalo has been bad enough to have a top ten pick. The team needs to get back to the proposition that moving the line of scrimmage forward with powerful and athletic linemen wins football games.

1. Resign Byrd he's worth every penny.

2. The Bills had a great draft this year do it again in 2014.

A.draft large pass catching targets that can convert 3rd downs, TE and or Receiver.

B. guard who is NFL starting caliber.

C. Outside linebacker who can tackle running backs.

3. schedule that is fair.

A.We get a bye week before the New England Game.

B.Play the Dolphins in December.

C. Thursday night game against someone other than Cleveland.

4. No major injuries.

Edited by bisonbrigade

CB is not a pressing need. Gilmore will be just fine, McKelvin has shown that if nothing else he's worthy of being a starter and between Brooks and Robey, they have decent depth there. Not to say I wouldn't take a flier on a guy in the 5th round but drafting a QB in the first two rounds would be idiotic. Our defense is pretty decent. We need to go WR-TE or very possibly QB in some order with the first 3 picks. And I think they will.

1. Resign Byrd

2. Strengthen O-Line - I believe Glenn and Wood will be the only two returning starts in '14. The Bills will develop an interior lineman in-house, but I believe they will replace Legursky, Urbik, and Pears with the combination of a draft pick, a free agent signing, and an in-house project like Unga.

3. Keep SJ and add a big WR

4. Starting linebacker

That is all. We are going to sink or swim with Manuel and the Marrone-Hackett-Pettine combination.

Edited by Flip Johnson

1. Draft tall WR or rushing LB with 1st pick, whoever is rated higher.

2. Draft whichever one we did not draft with 1st pick

3. Draft athletic TE

4. Draft best OL available

5. Draft OL for depth

6. and 7.0 drfat best rated players left.....

after this get real good FAs like Aqib Talib of Pats!!!! pickup a DB, an OL, and maybe another LB that can actually play at all-star level....

1. Draft tall WR or rushing LB with 1st pick, whoever is rated higher.

2. Draft whichever one we did not draft with 1st pick

3. Draft athletic TE

4. Draft best OL available

5. Draft OL for depth

6. and 7.0 drfat best rated players left.....

after this get real good FAs like Aqib Talib of Pats!!!! pickup a DB, an OL, and maybe another LB that can actually play at all-star level....

You want to draft a tall WR or rush LB in the first two rounds after witnessing the Tampa game? Talent like Spliier, Jackson and whatever wr or te drafted in the first two rounds are and would be wasted if we do not address the O-line early. Waiting until the 4th round to draft an o-linemen is a little like waiting to draft a qb in the 6th hoping he's a second Brady. The longer you wait the slimmer the pickins and that applies to all positions regardless of what you might read from other posters here.

On keeping Steve Johnson I remember Ronnie Harmon a #1 draft pick dropping a ball in the back of the end zone to beat Cleveland in the play offs and management at that time cut him the next day sending a message that is what this group needs to do send message that mistakes and talking a big game are not acceptable.Prove it on the field.

Twins

Be careful what you wish for LOL

If anyone single player can change the losing culture of the bills, it his him. Thad Lewis had more fire in his belly this year than ej. I want a qb who wants to win rather than one who tries not to lose. Im sure it wont be the pick for the bills, but a guy like johnny football does not come around often and I have a strong feeling hes gonna be great. ej, marrone, chan, jauron, fitz, tredwards, they had this mopey sullen look in post game press conferences and interviews, with this 'whatareyagonnado?' look on their face. we NEED someone like Jim Harbaugh, or as much as I hate to admit it, Brady, who's gonna flip out when things are going well. This team will never change without someone like this.

I prefer talent over "fire in the belly"...Tim Tebow has more fire in his belly than Peyton Manning, who's largely milquetoast in the emotion department; that doesn't make him a QB.

Draft best available qb with their first round pick. Until you have a solid qb in this league you've got nothing. Throw the new rookie qb in a battle with ej...best man wins the job. With the new rookie wage scale there's no reason teams with bad qb's shouldn't be drafting qbs early and often until they find a guy they can move forward with.

Exactly.

The 13 years of first round picks prior to EJ have left the Bills with just 4 players:

Leodis, CJ, Dareus and Gilmore.

That is what 13 years of losing amounted too. Four nice players who could easily lead a team to a 0-16 season.

Impact. That is what a QB brings. Everyone else is an accessory the way the game is played today.

Where the Bills will be drafting the value will be at OT. Unless Clowney falls the best bet is OT in the first round. Don't care right or left. Just get a tackle and then let Pears, Glenn, rookie, and Hairston compete for the two spots and the third best move to LG.

Take an athletic TE in the second.

Get your WR in FA

Resign Byrd

Honestly after that it is adding depth so BPA be it OLB, QB, DB, OG, or DE