It's always a fun day here in Dallas when...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure all the fans, sports writers and radio hosts are making themselves feel better by saying "at least we're not the Bills."

PTR

I doubt it, really. Of all the Dallas fans I know, they look at the Bills as a minor league team.

I have two friends who CONSTANTLY rip me about the Bills every chance they get. Both are Dallas fans. Both probably broke a lamp or put a hole in their wall yesterday. Once that game was over, I cracked open a Sam Adams and celebrated.

I doubt it, really. Of all the Dallas fans I know, they look at the Bills as a minor league team.

I have two friends who CONSTANTLY rip me about the Bills every chance they get. Both are Dallas fans. Both probably broke a lamp or put a hole in their wall yesterday. Once that game was over, I cracked open a Sam Adams and celebrated.

The Dallas Cowboys are the Toronto Maple Leafs. Big time franchise who thinks they are a lot better than they are. If the Cowboys were in SD or Jacksonville, no one would really care about them.

I wonder if the League will fine Dez Bryant for leaving "early?"

is there a league rule against that? i could see the team fining him. Of course, the GM is in love with him, so I doubt it.

Speaking of the GM, all this mess will continue (i love it) as long as Jerry insists on being the GM.

is there a league rule against that? i could see the team fining him. Of course, the GM is in love with him, so I doubt it.

Speaking of the GM, all this mess will continue (i love it) as long as Jerry insists on being the GM, Head coach, Defensive Coordinator, ......

Great to be a Bills fan in Dallas today.

I think it's times up for him in the big D. I can see the Cowboys and that nasty old megalomaniac going all-in on a trade-up for Johnny Football. Would be a tremendous fit…..IF JF can play pro ball.

Where do "y'all" think Romo goes?

Texans, to me, puts them right back in contention - and add Jadevon Clowney to boot!

I think it's times up for him in the big D. I can see the Cowboys and that nasty old megalomaniac going all-in on a trade-up for Johnny Football. Would be a tremendous fit…..IF JF can play pro ball.

Where do "y'all" think Romo goes?

Texans, to me, puts them right back in contention - and add Jadevon Clowney to boot!

He goes nowhere. He just this year signed a 7-year $119.50 contract with $55.00 million guaranteed. For the Cowboys to move him, they would have to take a $34.92 million cap hit next year. Next laugher suggestion?

He goes nowhere. He just this year signed a 7-year $119.50 contract with $55.00 million guaranteed. For the Cowboys to move him, they would have to take a $34.92 million cap hit next year. Next laugher suggestion?

Not sure it's such a laugher when they blow a lead like that at home to a QB that's been on 4 teams this year…capping it with 2 4th q picks….yielding yet another Romo December collapse …..but I get the $ point you make, forgot about the monster contract. Still, that is one owner that will not sit still if the fans stop supporting the product. They're tired of it….and I love watching it.

By the way, no need to be a ___ about it, was a hypothetical. (We do root for a team that also signed a QB to a long term deal and chose to eat a huge part of it…..because change was necessary.)

Not sure it's such a laugher when they blow a lead like that at home to a QB that's been on 4 teams this year…capping it with 2 4th q picks….yielding yet another Romo December collapse …..but I get the $ point you make, forgot about the monster contract. Still, that is one owner that will not sit still if the fans stop supporting the product. They're tired of it….and I love watching it.

By the way, no need to be a ___ about it, was a hypothetical. (We do root for a team that also signed a QB to a long term deal and chose to eat a huge part of it…..because change was necessary.)

I wasn't being anything, but wild trade speculations are a waste of time unless they have some element of potential reality to them. Jerry Jones isn't spending 20+% of next years cap to move someone. So it's pointless. So Romo made bad throws? Statistics actually prove that his QBR actually goes up every quarter in games. It's simple minded fan misperception that somehow it goes the other way. At the end of the day, tell me what the Dallas defense did to stop the Packers. I'll tell you that it was virtually nothing. By that account, they should cut all of them too. Also a ridiculous notion/suggestion.

I wasn't being anything, but wild trade speculations are a waste of time unless they have some element of potential reality to them. Jerry Jones isn't spending 20+% of next years cap to move someone. So it's pointless. So Romo made bad throws? Statistics actually prove that his QBR actually goes up every quarter in games. It's simple minded fan misperception that somehow it goes the other way. At the end of the day, tell me what the Dallas defense did to stop the Packers. I'll tell you that it was virtually nothing. By that account, they should cut all of them too. Also a ridiculous notion/suggestion.

Their trading up for Johnny Football has a very real element because they do not have TR's replacement on that team and he's a fit for that franchise in so many ways. Simple-minded fan misperception? So QBR is the only stat on a QB that matters and not how he performs at the most crucial times in the game/season? I think there are a lot of people that would disagree with you.

Their Defense is most definitely going to see a lot of change probably starting with the coordinator……their D has been sh-t all season. What has happened for 10 years+ now is their Franchise QB teasing them up only to let them down HARD at the end of the season with big time choking. He has played with good defenses, playoff caliber defenses and lousy ones. His QBR is fantastic…..but he SUCKS in the clutch at the end of every season. I don't think it's a simple minded viewpoint at all if you're a fan of that franchise to blame Romo. Lot of data to support it.

Meddling owners FTL! Jerry Jones, the Cowboys owner, CEO, president, GM. Seriously, what a total power freak this man is...

He watched Jimmy Johnson do it, so now he thinks he is smarter then anyone else on the planet.

I love it that the Monte Kiffin move is screwing him over....almost as good as the Cowboys trade first-, third-, sixth-round picks to Detroit for Roy Williams, seventh-round pick: all those picks for a total bust.

keep it up Jerry, it softens the pain from those two losses.