I want answers on phantom call on Williams

tedstrong

The Officials and the NFL have yet to explain that call or the Robey call which essentially tied the game. If you remember, Williams wasn't even on that side of the field. The fumbles would never have happened, obviously. Marrone said he contacted the league but got no answers.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone assumed it was Gilmore whom they had meant and someone mentioned it in another thread that on replay of the game, the all22 maybe, it looked like Gilmore had the penalty.

Marrone said in his press conference he was told it was on Williams, not a wrong number

The Officials and the NFL have yet to explain that call or the Robey call which essentially tied the game. If you remember, Williams wasn't even on that side of the field. The fumbles would never have happened, obviously. Marrone said he contacted the league but got no answers.

Robey grabbed the receiver's jersey. Ticky tack? Maybe, but one camera angle showed it clearly.

Robey grabbed the receiver's jersey. Ticky tack? Maybe, but one camera angle showed it clearly.

I'm going to be a homer on this and say that Robey only grabbed the jersey after the WR pushed him.

In response to all of the below; the mind sees what it wants. The truth could simply be the ref was looking so hard for Aaron Williams to commit a penalty that he made it occur in his mind.

Like others, i simply assume the wrong number was called. That happens all the time.

It can't be anything else.

Both players were being physical with one another and it is odd that this gets called at a time it does when much worse infractions do not at other times.

Marrone said in his press conference he was told it was on Williams, not a wrong number

I still think it is entirely possible they thought they were seeing a different player make a move.

I'm going to be a homer on this and say that Robey only grabbed the jersey after the WR pushed him.

Both players were being physical with one another and it is odd that this gets called at a time it does when much worse infractions do not at other times.

Yup, Robey had position on the receiver the entire play, and the receiver forced himself through Robey and into Robey's space for like 15 yards down the field. I was really pissed about that one.

Even the announcers thought that it was a ridiculous call to make. And the zebras blew it by not only making the call, but by calling it on the wrong person. Stupidity all around. Seriously, these guys get paid wayyy to much to be making bush league calls like this on a weekly basis. Time to start holding them accountable. So many bad calls in a year, you're done.

Even the announcers thought that it was a ridiculous call to make. And the zebras blew it by not only making the call, but by calling it on the wrong person. Stupidity all around. Seriously, these guys get paid wayyy to much to be making bush league calls like this on a weekly basis. Time to start holding them accountable. So many bad calls in a year, you're done.

You do realize, at some point, if you axe them for every bad call your going to start running out of the ones that are actually decent quickly. That's not to say there's no room for improvement but I also think, generally speaking, the best candidates are ending up in the nfl already.

We've bitched about the refs for what…about 10 years? You get the calls when you are better.

Plus, if we win, no one cares about that call like they do now.

We've bitched about the refs for what…about 10 years? You get the calls when you are better.

This call changed the game, and the major game losing mistakes would not have happened.

Q: Did you get to review the tape in order to comment on the late penalties?

A: If I said commenting publicly, then I was wrong. I wanted to look at those things to know exactly what I’d write up. The NFL, we have a process that we’re able to write things in and send things in and obviously those conversations are private. I looked at the tape a couple times, I’m going to go through the same process I do week to week, I’m going to write those things up, I’m going to send them in to Dean (Blandino), I have a conference call every week with Dean, we discuss those things and then we move on from there.

Q: Do you think the (Aaron) Williams call was a case of a player being misidentified? Was the call really on somebody else?

A: I don’t know that. I was told it was on him.

Q: Do you think the (Aaron) Williams call was a case of a player being misidentified? Was the call really on somebody else?

A: I don’t know that. I was told it was on him.

If they are sticking with that story, that was the worst call of all time.

I'm not much of a Homer when it comes to penalties, the Roby call should have been offensive interference.

The Roughing the Passer call on EJ was also a total freaking joke. So much so that the ref made up for it by calling another total freaking joke of a RTP call on Mario on the next series.