Belicheat at it again?

judman

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rams videotape is immaterial. The fact is they illegally videotaped (which constitutes cheating), got caught, and were hit with the maximum fine.

which is pretty well accepted by all.... its all this extra noise around them that gets a little crazy at times. some, all, or perhaps even none of it could potentially be true. it seems the default is that all is considered fact around here, even if disputed or poorly sourced.... as this thread very well illustrated.

All I know is, if you spy your way to 3 super bowls, and the only punishment is a 500k fine and losing a 1st round pick, AND THE NFL HELPS YOU COVER IT UP BE DESTROYING THE EVIDENCE!!!! - then you are going to be encouraged to do it again, because the reward for cheating outweighs the punishment 10,000:1.

Now if Belicheat were given the 'Pete Rose Punishment', and banned from the NFL for life, and the Patsies had to forfeit their tarnished championships, then I guarantee they wouldn't be cheating again.

FWIW - I don't believe they ever stopped cheating, and they OBVIOUSLY get help from the refs every single week.

The Spygate book outlines that, during the years they taped, if it were the first time facing that team that season, they needed the first half to collect the data/process it - then put it to use in the 2nd half. This is why many of the Pats games were "a tale of two halves" - these are the legendary "adjustments"

Can't help but to think of a whole bunch of games where they were night and day after the half.

Broncos Pats of 9 days ago - ANYONE!?!?!?!

The Saints earlier this year????

The McKelvin fumble game anyone!?!?!

All I know is, if you spy your way to 3 super bowls, and the only punishment is a 500k fine and losing a 1st round pick, AND THE NFL HELPS YOU COVER IT UP BE DESTROYING THE EVIDENCE!!!! - then you are going to be encouraged to do it again, because the reward for cheating outweighs the punishment 10,000:1.

Now if Belicheat were given the 'Pete Rose Punishment', and banned from the NFL for life, and the Patsies had to forfeit their tarnished championships, then I guarantee they wouldn't be cheating again.

FWIW - I don't believe they ever stopped cheating, and they OBVIOUSLY get help from the refs every single week.

The McKelvin fumble game anyone!?!?!

Maybe they have listening devices in the other teams locker room?

yea, but the saints outscored them 20-13 in the second half, so i dont think it was the tale of two halves type of game that everyone screams about. granted, they missed the holding call, but that happens all the time. are you not mentioning the jets or panthers game this year where they got bit at the end of the game when it wouldve been incredibly easy for the refs to help the pats for a reason?

you mean the one where the broncos lost several defensive starters mid game? and the board kept screaming about how the pats wouldnt be flagged again, only to be flagged several times down the stretch?

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not sure it's so odd. Better teams perform better and much of the better involves them not committing penalties. Especially so for a team that is so well coached as are the Pats under Belichick.

Calling BS on this one. Every team holds, every team blocks in the back. every team commits PI. To not have any called is ludicrous.

Conspiracy theorists will always exist. Remember Marv Levy trudging off to the locker at halftime of SB26 screaming at the head official "YOU WERE BOUGHT!"

I remember Marv Levy boasting that he had the best D signal stealer in the league on his staff.

Thanks for the link to that bevy of information.

And here I thought it was your love for all things Patriot.

It's weird because I remember seeing a clip from the site of the Super Bowl airing during the investigation period. It was brief but it was a clip.

P.S. Your link "All major US media outlets at the time." above doesn't work.

You can try any of those provided by NoSaint.

Or this one sums it up best. http://bostonherald....2008/05/apology

The Rams videotape is immaterial. The fact is they illegally videotaped (which constitutes cheating), got caught, and were hit with the maximum fine.

Now it's "immaterial", eh doc? Your opinion, as usual, has changed--but, as usual, you always come around.

As others have said, the pats got busted for illegal video taping and got hit with the maximum. Although it is silly to believe teams weren't aware of this before they were busted, seeing as how Goodell sent out a memo the previous season telling all temas to stop doing this.

As Mara said years ago--you want teams to stop knowing your signals? Change your signals.

But this is certainly an entertaining thread.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Cycling - Lance Armstrong

Baseball - 1/4 of the league on HGH

Soccer - Italia Serie A match fixing

NBA - referee point shaving

NFL - Spygate I, Spygate II

Boxing - a high number of controversial decisions

Olympics - http://www.history.com/news/shortcuts-to-the-gold-9-cheaters-in-olympic-history

Ha!....that is awesome......and kinda painful to think about. Any film of the swap out? :D

Go to 3:17 of this Japanese broadcast of SB25. Jim Kelly has just spiked the ball to kill the clock after a Thurman Thomas draw brings the Bills to the Giants 29 yard line with :08 to go. Norwood runs out on to the field with Reich as his holder to setup for the kick. Parcells calls a time out to ice Norwood, and screams for "JERRY" to get over and talk to him. The presumed swap-out occurs at this point. The ball Kelly spiked was not the field goal ball, hence the swap to the tainted ball.

Now it's "immaterial", eh doc? Your opinion, as usual, has changed--but, as usual, you always come around.

As others have said, the pats got busted for illegal video taping and got hit with the maximum. Although it is silly to believe teams weren't aware of this before they were busted, seeing as how Goodell sent out a memo the previous season telling all temas to stop doing this.

As Mara said years ago--you want teams to stop knowing your signals? Change your signals.

But this is certainly an entertaining thread.

It certainly is. If for no other reason than to see some people vainly try to defend the Pats against the indefensible.

Some people believe that Bill Parcells had Head Official Jerry Seeman swap out the football right before Norwood's attempted SB25 winning kick, the ball was weighted down behind the laces causing the snap & hold angle to be slightly off. Changing the timing of a kick by .0001 is all you need. I don't believe this but some people do.

Easier to believe that Norwood was about 33% outside the 45.

And that he'd never made a kick on grass longer than 45 yards. Or that the laces weren't out.

really puts into perspective how far the kicking game has come the last 20 years. not to get sidetracked, but they could probably be well served to move the uprights a little closer these days.

It certainly is. If for no other reason than to see some people vainly try to defend the Pats against the indefensible.

Actually I meant: to see those grasping at straws and seeing NoSaint swat one erroneous claim after another.

The rest is the same old stuff. People jumping into the same old pits years later.

Actually I meant: to see those grasping at straws and seeing NoSaint swat one erroneous claim after another.

The rest is the same old stuff. People jumping into the same old pits years later.

Pits? They're not even a divots. As I said, once a (proven and convicted) cheater...

the key word is " proven ".

the next key word should be "suspect".

In a court of law , personal history is Always taken into account by the judge residing.

Pats are criminals as matter of fact. its fair to consider they are repeat offenders because that percentage is rather high regardless of the crime .

and anyone who wears a hoodie should be profiled as such. Now where the hell is the Ernie lurking lately ? : )

Cycling - Lance Armstrong

Baseball - 1/4 of the league on HGH

Soccer - Italia Serie A match fixing

NBA - referee point shaving

NFL - Spygate I, Spygate II

Boxing - a high number of controversial decisions

Olympics - http://www.history.c...olympic-history

Go to 3:17 of this Japanese broadcast of SB25. Jim Kelly has just spiked the ball to kill the clock after a Thurman Thomas draw brings the Bills to the Giants 29 yard line with :08 to go. Norwood runs out on to the field with Reich as his holder to setup for the kick. Parcells calls a time out to ice Norwood, and screams for "JERRY" to get over and talk to him. The presumed swap-out occurs at this point. The ball Kelly spiked was not the field goal ball, hence the swap to the tainted ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT5ieYs4uow

Aside from the swap argument, that video shouldn't be allowed not this site….ever! Pain. Misery.

On a different note, and I never really took notice, Norwood's body language and facial expression pre-kick…..were not indicative of a confident man.

And that he'd never made a kick on grass longer than 45 yards. Or that the laces weren't out.

Robbie Gould just missed a 47 yard in a dome , wide right... Would have won the game in OT against Minny. Earlier in the game, Gould became the most accurate kicker in league history.

How the eff does this happen? He is always "gold" in this situation... A dome? You gotta be kidding me @ 47 yards... And he lined up in the middle of the hash marks!